Football 17/18

TheGayTent

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I said potential racism. Im not assuming anything, but the old 'passions run high' isnt an excuse

Not saying you're assuming anything, and there's absolutely no excuse if something was said. It should just be easy to reach a conclusion cos the ref should have heard everything.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Is that the part when he was supposed to have said it? I heard it was earlier

No one has a clue yet mate. 

People are saying Holgate reacts to the incident of racial abuse *after* he pushed Bobby into the stand, which is when that photo was taken.

20 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Is that the part when he was supposed to have said it? I heard it was earlier

Holgate reacted about a second or two after this. Hence why the ref definitely should have heard anything that was said.

Edited by Dan R

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Free Firminho tshirts being printed by Liverpool FC for the team to wear against City. 

"Don't let him walk alone" etc

Britney-Spears-Cringe-Face.gif?ssl=1

For the record it looks like he  said "are you crazy you son of a bitch" and then something else when Kennys head blocks the camera. Its the "something else" that causes the reaction. 

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

"Don't let him walk alone" etc

Britney-Spears-Cringe-Face.gif?ssl=1For the record it looks like he  said "are you crazy you son of a bitch" and then something else when Kennys head blocks the camera. Its the "something else" that causes the reaction. 

It's a slow mo. I don't think there is a "something else". He looks to be reacting to the son of a bitch insult to me. I think Holgate may be mistaken and simply doesn't understand the Portuguese insult. Ref clearly says to Holgate he didn't hear it....whatever Holgate claims he heard. 

Holgate not getting a card of any sort is the confusing point. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

£142m???

He’s a good player but what has he done to justify that sort of fee?

I think it's all relative, I don't know what is normal for transfer fees these days. Barcelona wanted the player and Liverpool didn't need to sell. Liverpool deserve compensating for losing a player that could result in them losing 4th place and progressing further in the champions league. 

However I'm not certain Liverpool really need him and they certainly needed vvd more. They could have ended up trading a player who turns 2-0 wins to 4-0 ones, for one who turns draws to wins, with money to spare from the fee and wages.

Good luck to Coutinho. I don't get the bile from many Liverpool fans over him goiing. For him, this is his dream. We got him for £8m 5 years ago and are getting a minimum of £113m. Obviously I'd have preferred he stayed but he's worked hard since August when he could have just sulked. 

You can't be happy about the Van Dijk situation then bemoan this, same thing but we're the smaller club. Shame he's not staying until the end of the season like I thought he would but that's the way of the world.

Salah is the main man now, just got to hope we can get top 4 without Phil.

8 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Mahrez gone to LFC seemingly. Quick work if true 

there's a lot of this rumour about, no idea if there's anything to it.

But he has a (in today's terms) cheap-ish release clause and is desperate for a bigger team to trigger it, so i'd guess its an easy deal if Liverpool want him.

There's rumours about Lemar too, but supposedly Monaco aren't keen to sell mid-season. 

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:
Coutino out for 3 weeks anyway! 

Liverpool fans are of course trying to talk down the consequences of losing Coutinho, but there's still a couple of interesting things amongst what they've been saying...

1. liverpool's win-rate is nearly twice as good when Coutinho doesn't play.

2. that Coutinho might be the sort of player who turns a 2-0 win into a 4-0 win, but doesn't turn a draw into a win.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out with the addition of VVD and loss of Coutinho, as to whether that makes them a better team overall. It doesn't see impossible that it might do.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Liverpool fans are of course trying to talk down the consequences of losing Coutinho, but there's still a couple of interesting things amongst what they've been saying...

1. liverpool's win-rate is nearly twice as good when Coutinho doesn't play.

2. that Coutinho might be the sort of player who turns a 2-0 win into a 4-0 win, but doesn't turn a draw into a win.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out with the addition of VVD and loss of Coutinho, as to whether that makes them a better team overall. It doesn't see impossible that it might do.

Isnt it just the win rate this season. I read since he signed however the win rate with and without him is pretty much identical.