Football 17/18

TheGayTent

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Coleman leaves Wales to go to Sunderland.

The good news for Welsh fans is that proud Welshman Tony Pulis should be available soon.

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

right time to go for Coleman, I think. He can only be applauded for how well he did with Wales.

I'm sort-of surprised he's taken on the poisoned chalice of S'lund tho. I would have thought he'd have better offers.

Straight swap with Pulis would have made sense actually. 

I am surprised he's taken Sunderland tho, he was being offered mid table prem last season was he not?

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Wasn't this the weekend when this great Spurs team were going to take a big scalp away from home?

They beat Madrid at Wembley, that classifies as a big scalp away from home...

But yeah I'm not complaining. Thought Arsenal played well though, like was said in most media outlets - it's the sort of performance from Arsenal that makes it all the more frustrating when we don't play like that. Spurs missed Wanyama/Winks in the middle of the park and Toby at the back. 

On 17/11/2017 at 10:30 AM, eFestivals said:

Hendo has a lot of faults, but he can see a pass better than most in the Prem.

Perhaps count up his assists, to land on the facts?

I can't see him on any top lists for passing or assists. In fact his pass completion rate is 80%.

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

does Delph make those same lists?

I wasn't claiming anything except that Hendo's ability to see a good attacking pass is better than Delph's.

No Delph is playing Left Back so you would not expect him to. He has also only played 7 games so his not have the numbers yet. He does have a far higher pass completion % though. He also has the same number of assists and goals scored even though playing as a defender.

Now I got the figures from Sqwaka. On there it is saying that Henderson loses far more tackles than he wins, does not assist or score, has an 80% pass completion rate. That is abysmal for a central midfield player. Now stats do not tell the whole story, I like to go off what I see. Jordan Henderson is not a great midfieldet and would not get in any of the top teams midfields.

11 minutes ago, eastynh said:

does not assist or score

That's bollocks (the bit I've bolded).  He doesn't score. I mentioned that before you.

But also, his passes tend to be the pass before the 'assist', rather than the assist itself - the actual pass that breaks down the opposition defence, to lead to a goal.

I've claimed nothing for him except the ability to see that attacking pass. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

That's bollocks (the bit I've bolded).  He doesn't score. I mentioned that before you.

But also, his passes tend to be the pass before the 'assist', rather than the assist itself - the actual pass that breaks down the opposition defence, to lead to a goal.

I've claimed nothing for him except the ability to see that attacking pass. 

His stats are crap. From watching him with my own eyes he looks crap. He would not get in one other top teams midfield. He has one assist and 14 key passes in 10 matches. Thats not good no matter how you try and dress it up.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

squaka:

total chances created: hendo: 14; delph: 2

Delph is playing left back. Compare him to DeBruyne or Silva who are playing in a similar position. 

Henderson is poor as a  defensive midfielder and poor as an attacking midfielder. He offers absolutely nothing Delph could not do. in fact Delph is more versatile.

26 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Delph is playing left back. Compare him to DeBruyne or Silva who are playing in a similar position. 

Henderson is poor as a  defensive midfielder and poor as an attacking midfielder. He offers absolutely nothing Delph could not do. in fact Delph is more versatile.

Neither De Bruyne or Silva are playing defensive mid, the player to compare Hendo to in the City Team would be Fernandinho. And when you look at stats compared other DM's for top clubs (Matic, Kante, Dier) he actually hold up very well in quite a few areas.

2 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Someone will be happy now....Pulis is toast

Someone's very happy...

The style (or lack of) could be overlooked to a degree when we were actually winning matches, we finished top half last season let's not forget. But when the results stop coming there's nothing left for him to fall back on. We've been terrible since March, two wins from twenty three matches is utterly abject. He'd lost the fans and the players from the looks of things, he had to go.