Football 17/18

TheGayTent

3 hours ago, thetime said:

Ashley young called up :lol:

As a midfielder as well. That's more idiotic to me. Fair enough if you want to put him in as a left back - although with Rose and Bertrand he shouldn't be getting a look in there either. 

Lingard being in the squad confuses me. I guess he would be the one to lose his place to Lallana when he's back, but he is certainly still living off his history with Southgate. 

5 hours ago, jyoung said:

. Teams fear playing them and I think that inevitably end they will end up winning a major trophy.

edit: And I'm a Chelsea fan so I've got no reason to blow their trumpet.

Watching Spurs in the league this season I haven't felt teams were particularly scared of Spurs. As I have said they have one point more than Arsenal who have had loads of abuse. I also think it's far from inevitable them winning a trophy. I can't see them winning one this season and I'm not convinced players will be happy to be underpaid indefinitely.

Arsenal 5/1 to beat City today, can't remember us being this big an underdog in a prem game for years. I fancy it will be a game with quite a few goals, BFG vs their attack is a worry but I fancy that Sanchez will turn up. 

Chelsea vs Utd is bound to be a tight game. Fancy it'll be a low scoring draw. Hopefully won't be too dull

Switched off the Everton game at 2 vs 0 down to watch Panorama about Everton on  the beeb (where they alleged Usmanov owns Everton not Morishi)

Missed quite a game.. 13 minutes of extra time is that a record?