Football 17/18

TheGayTent

12 hours ago, mjsell said:

Agreed. It is of course just the champions league equivalent of NFL's Redzone, which remains the best sports show on telly.

Totally agree with this

The last 15/20 minutes of the first games on a Sunday can be utterly mind boggling crazy when you have a bunch of one possession games! Fantastic stuff 

Edited by ThomThomDrum

23 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Totally agree with this

The last 15/20 minutes of the first games on a Sunday can be utterly mind boggling crazy when you have a bunch of one possession games! Fantastic stuff 

Precisely - and the main thing is, you get that intense hour every week, it's very rare to not have at least 2 or 3 games in that time slot that go the distance.

I don't buy into a lot of the classic American sports hype statements, but when Scot Hanson says (and he says it every week) "the best hour in sports" - he's not lying.

Just now, mjsell said:

Precisely

The best was week 3 this year. Jesus what a week for early games in RedZone!. Bears beating the Steelers in OT with a disallowed TD prior to the win; Pats beating the Teaxns with seconds to go (Brady to Cooks); Lions loose to the Falcons but thought they won with a TD only to be down at the 1 and time expired; And the Eagles Giants 4th quarter was ridiculous with it looking like the Giants would loose, then win, then OT beckoned, but no, a rookie kicker steps up and bangs through a record FG!! It was nuts! Couldnt catch my breath. I dont think anything football (soccer) has ever offered up has come close or could........

Everton are embarrassing themselves right now. For anyone that hasn't seen... Ashley Williams needs to get a life - pushing a 'keeper who was mid jump off the pitch, sparking a brawl and throwing punches. Shit footballer. Needs to take a look in the mirror. Some of the fans who got involved as well. Proper sad acts. Absolute state of it.

30 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Everton are embarrassing themselves right now. For anyone that hasn't seen... Ashley Williams needs to get a life - pushing a 'keeper who was mid jump off the pitch, sparking a brawl and throwing punches. Shit footballer. Needs to take a look in the mirror. Some of the fans who got involved as well. Proper sad acts. Absolute state of it.

Keeper simply asked him why he's been shit for the last two years.

33 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Said last night on twitter, that fan with a young kid on his arm throwing punches. What an example to set.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Keeper simply asked him why he's been shit for the last two years.

Literally.

24 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Said last night on twitter, that fan with a young kid on his arm throwing punches. What an example to set.

I know... Imagine being a grown man with a child and rushing down to the pitch to get involved in the mele. Absolute loser. Some football fans would be dangerous if they had half a brain. 

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Literally.

I know... Imagine being a grown man with a child and rushing down to the pitch to get involved in the mele. Absolute loser. Some football fans would be dangerous if they had half a brain. 

Its the reason i don't go to matches any more because of these idiots.

I don't know if its because I'm approaching 40 but to me now the under 21 players just basically look like children. It started getting to me seeing middle age men hurling pretty horrific abuse at kids on their own team.

46 minutes ago, jyoung said:

That's weird then bcos whenever I've watched him this season he's definitely been shit. 

For a start you don't get shit footballer in the premiership. Even those who play a handful of games at that level are a very high standard. To play as many games at that level as Ashley Williams has at that level shows some level of talent.  If you listed every centre back who had played in the premiership in the last 10 years, Ashley Williams would be comfortably in the top half.

I think you confusing being a shit player with having a poor season which I would argue is 2 different things. If playing poorly in the premiership is your measurement for shit then that means almost every championship, league 1, league 2 and lower player is also shit as they will not reach that level.

He is getting long in the tooth and its really shown when he's 2 or 3 games in a week (either with Wales or the Europa League)

Same with Jagielka and Baines but Koeman seems to have mainly neglected the defence for a "see how many shit number 10's I can sign in one transfer window" world record attempt.

I wonder if a new manager can patch up the Barkley situation and halt the expected Christmas transfer window move to Chelsea or Spurs.

Edited by lost