Football 17/18

TheGayTent

Complete dominance by Man City. I was throwing a white towel at the screen, just begging the doctor to turn the machine off. We couldn't get near them today. Bad day at the office for Chelsea and poor I play tactics from Conte  but we'll go again. Gutted about Morata, hope it isn't serious. Hard to see who will be able to touch City, based on that showing. Early days though, reckon it could go all the way this year.

Could be worse, could be Palace.

Watched football focus today for the first time in probably a decade. Pretty shit but a good interview by lineker with pep. 

Interesting summary on how he sees the footy in Spain Germany and England. He will not change his strategy by 1cm he says.

My team won 3-0 at home. Our captain ran straight over to the bit of the ground where I stand at the final whistle to ask some of the guys who stand along from me to lay off a bit on the abuse of our players. 

Its a funny old game.

18 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Watched football focus today for the first time in probably a decade. Pretty shit but a good interview by lineker with pep. 

Interesting summary on how he sees the footy in Spain Germany and England. He will not change his strategy by 1cm he says.

My team won 3-0 at home. Our captain ran straight over to the bit of the ground where I stand at the final whistle to ask some of the guys who stand along from me to lay off a bit on the abuse of our players. 

Its a funny old game.

Fair play to him, good to see a captain sticking up for his players. Disgusting that people think it acceptable to abuse players like some do. It does nothing but diminish players confidence. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Surprised The Ox didnt change the game when he came on there. 

Huge game in Anfield against Utd now. If Utd win thats Liverpool 10 points behind and out of the title race. 

The Ox never really did that Arsenal. He was always dependable but not really someone to take a game by the scruff of his neck.

Bit to early to rule them out the title race. Not that I think they will be involved. 

13 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

The Ox never really did that Arsenal. He was always dependable but not really someone to take a game by the scruff of his neck.

Bit to early to rule them out the title race. Not that I think they will be involved. 

It's hard to come up with any argument how Liverpool could come above city when you compare the squad and look at the 7 point gap.

As for the Ox I'm not sure he has benefited at all from a footballing perspective with that move.

26 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Fair play to him, good to see a captain sticking up for his players. Disgusting that people think it acceptable to abuse players like some do. It does nothing but diminish players confidence. 

Exactly mate. I don't think I've seen that before and when he was running over we thought it was to say hello to someone.

Im all for you pay your money so your entitled to moan but 3-0 up and giving your team dogs abuse makes no sense to me.

We play in front of 1000 odd so the players will hear it. Not great for confidence as you say.

Newcastle striker running between the 2 Liverpool defenders for the goal was poor stuff earlier on.

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Matt Ritchie gets motm today but forced to pull out of Scotland squad.

Not good with Brown and Armstrong already out :-(

Looking forward to Thursday as we've still got an outside chance after looking out of it after Wembley.

Not sure why, didn't seem to pick up a knock. He never starts for Scotland anyway does he?

8 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Not sure why, didn't seem to pick up a knock. He never starts for Scotland anyway does he?

It's an odd one as you say. Can't see it confirmed anywhere but he's out I think.

With the injuries already he would have been involved Thursday and Sunday.

Hes not a starter normally as you say but he plays at a level way above the majority of our squad.

13 hours ago, The Nal said:

Surprised The Ox didnt change the game when he came on there. 

Huge game in Anfield against Utd now. If Utd win thats Liverpool 10 points behind and out of the title race. 

I've not seen a soul suggest that Liverpool are in a title race this year. Maybe it's really the Utd fans like you who thought they were?

Perhaps Liverpool will do as well as your guys did last year, while spending £150m less?