Football 17/18

TheGayTent

18 hours ago, Dan R said:

I just think more players will start wanting them now prem clubs are in such strong positions financially, it's been the sticking point with Emre Can's new deal.

Maybe, I guess we'll see. Clubs could just put in the contract that the release clause can only be activated during the english transfer window.

11 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

I reckon he is fit but this is Klopp flexing, no? "Im the boss"

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

No issues over fitness was there? he seemed ok playing for brazil. Sounds more like 'headsgoneitus'

he wasn't (fully?) training before he went on international duty. The 'bad back' might well have been faked (something I read said scans showed nothing), but the club had to treat it as genuine.

So it might be Klopp flexing his muscles a bit, tho there's also a pretty good justification for it, in getting Coutinho up to the expected 'match fit'.

Edited by eFestivals

19 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Broaden your reading material Time. All this Castles is rotting yer swede chief.

Just now, The Nal said:

They drew 3 all with Watford and scraped past Palace which was Palaces best result of the season thus far. Hes their best player. They could do with him.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They drew 3 all with Watford and scraped past Palace which was Palaces best result of the season thus far. Hes their best player. They could do with him.

which was significantly better than Liverpool have done against Palace for quite a while!

That was Liverpool's best result of the season so far. It might even show Liverpool as a team who isn't going to lose to the lowly teams this year.

There's nowt much wrong with Liverpool that Coutinho will fix, tho defenders would be something else.

Just now, eFestivals said:

which was significantly better than Liverpool have done against Palace for quite a while!

That was Liverpool's best result of the season so far. It might even show Liverpool as a team who isn't going to lose to the lowly teams this year.

There's nowt much wrong with Liverpool that Coutinho will fix, tho defenders would be something else.

I would say the biggest questions will arrive when the 2 games a week start again. 

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

I would say the biggest questions will arrive when the 2 games a week start again. 

They've already been playing 2 games a week, and seems like the squad is big enough to rotate a lot more this year. Plus their champs league group isn't as tough as others.

1 minute ago, thetime said:

yeah, the most likely to stuff them is Europe I reckon.

The squad's improved by quite a chunk so it'll be interesting to see how they go. They could do anything from runaway champions (tho perhaps not that likely) to badly bomb.

And while fans always want trophies, from the perspective of the club they'd probably be pretty happy finishing in the top 4 again (tho perhaps without the squeaky finish) and getting thru the CL groups. That would be a pretty decent progression I reckon.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

How is scraping past Palace a better result than winning 4-0 to Arsenal? I know we are shit at the moment but come on :L 

Edited by CRW5252

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

from the perspective of the club they'd probably be pretty happy finishing in the top 4 again (tho perhaps without the squeaky finish) and getting thru the CL groups. That would be a pretty decent progression I reckon.

I completely get what you mean from a progression point of view. Comfortably getting into the top 4 and a good run in the CL would definitely be progression.

BUT. As a fan I want trophies. It's been a while. Players want trophies, not just top 4 finishes. I think I would sacrifice a run in the CL for a trophy as well as top 4.

3 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

By the current laws of the game for sure, the current laws are bollocks. 

They have to protect the players. Studs up like that could cause serious, serious damage. 100% a red, Mane and many other players need to get out of the habit of going into those kind of challenges feet first. 

3 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

They have to protect the players. Studs up like that could cause serious, serious damage. 100% a red, Mane and many other players need to get out of the habit of going into those kind of challenges feet first. 

Horse shit. The laws haven't stopped it have they? They won't stop it, any striker in that situation goes for the ball. Every single time. It's an accident, plain and simple. Yet Mane gets 3 games now no different to a player that deliberately makes a two footed challenge with no chance of getting the ball? 

Not a red card in a month of Sunday's. Can't believe anyone who has played the game at any level agrees that that challenge should result in a red card. 

Lunacy. Utter lunacy. 

• Upvote 2