Football 17/18

TheGayTent

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I read an article somewhere in the last few days that suggested losing some of those 'top' players would be a good thing and not a bad thing - pointing out that Wenger has worked best with a limited squad and having to think about it all much more than you do when the squad picks itself via 'big' names.

And on the basis that Arsenal have started to stumble more since Wenger has stopped picking 'kids' and had money to spend, it was difficult to disagree too much with that article.

I agree with this. 

I'm praying Barca come in with a stupid bid for Ozil today, after not getting Coutinho. And when I say 'stupid', I don't mean overvalued, I just mean any form of bid... I'd take 10mil to get rid of him. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Dancing on tables singing Oasis tunes with Wes Brown and Phil Bardsleys brother till 2am. Then jumped in the car to drive home. Looks like he was reported by someone. 

Good and rightly so. One of the thickest things anyone can do, grinds my gears so much.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Good and rightly so. One of the thickest things anyone can do, grinds my gears so much.

Mine too, former England captain, with kids, supposed to be a role model etc.

Never mind the fact that its incredibly dangerous and kills people daily. They'll throw the book at him for being that much over. 

40 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They'll throw the book at him for being that much over. 

Whilst this is absolutely what should happen does anyone really think it will? I'd be shocked if he got anything other than a ban and hefty fine. Neither of which will really make a difference to a multi-millionaire.

Just now, eFestivals said:

that's the norm for a first-timer without an accident or injuries.

And would impact more severely on "normal" folk compared to a millionaire. Think thats the point he is making. Rich enough to break the law without suffering any real consequences that impact his life.........

Just now, ThomThomDrum said:

And would impact more severely on "normal" folk compared to a millionaire. Think thats the point he is making. Rich enough to break the law without suffering any real consequences that impact his life.........

I don't much like that side of it, but that's how it rolls.

The way things stand if he gets anything else it would class as too harsh.

2 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

What can you do? Can't change the law to suit individual cases.

At least the entire country knows what a stupid, selfish, c**t he is.

27 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

This is what I meant, I just worded it very badly haha.

But I do see the other side of it as the last few posts have pointed out. Can't change the law/punishment just because he is famous/rich. Even if he is a massive bellend.

11 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think any of those clubs have done badly, really.

Spurs could have lost half their squad, but hung on to almost everyone. Chelsea didn't bring in many of those they tried for, but they didn't need to bring in anyone at all. Utd have strengthened very well.

I can't say I've paid much attention to City, but I'd say they've probably had the worst window. Me, I reckon this is the season where Pep gets found out.

If Liverpool keep Phil, I'd say they've done the best (tho not getting VVD is a big loss). Salah already looks an £80M+ player at half that price. They didn't get Keita for this season but he's already sorted for next, while other players who had (on paper) better options decided on Liverpool as the best option - which is quite an endorsement really.

I would have said Liverpool if they had bought VVD, however without him I would go for Man Utd. City's was unspectacular but plugged holes that needed plugging. Arsenal and Spurs is pretty similar, kept the squad together, but underwhelming in terms of additions.