Football 17/18

TheGayTent

9 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

I read some shite that someone said his injury was caused by emotional stress. Fuck right off

Yeah it was the national team doctor or physio. Said all he needed was someone to talk to :lol: I'm sure he could afford a counselor with the money we're paying him. Snake.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

can you tell me any player who's head hasn't been turned by Barca?

I'm talking about for the players who don't have a Barca offer.

Neymar. Bellerin as well (maybe?)

From the sounds of this, coutino is gone, and VVD is unlikely because southampton are pissed off with Liverpool.. Saying that, if they get Lemar, then losing coutino is ok. He is good, but if they expect him to replace neymar, that will flop

http://www.football365.com/news/gossip-coutinho-deal-done-van-dijk-still-hopeful-of-liverpool

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

From the sounds of this, coutino is gone, and VVD is unlikely because southampton are pissed off with Liverpool..

if Phil has, then they've screwed Barca for a better price. ... not bad for a player that cost £7m. Who'd blame them?

As for VVD, I'm not sure Soton have the balls to spurn the money over a player who's unlikely to be welcomed back into the squad so i'm pretty sure he'll be sold. The only question is then 'who to?', and they can't force a player to sign for a club he doesn't want to .... so it a game of chicken between club and player, and who blinks first. I still think Liverpool is most likely, tho they're going to get stung much more than they might have.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if Phil has, then they've screwed Barca for a better price. ... not bad for a player that cost £7m. Who'd blame them?

As for VVD, I'm not sure Soton have the balls to spurn the money over a player who's unlikely to be welcomed back into the squad so i'm pretty sure he'll be sold. The only question is then 'who to?', and they can't force a player to sign for a club he doesn't want to .... so it a game of chicken between club and player, and who blinks first. I still think Liverpool is most likely, tho they're going to get stung much more than they might have.

oh absolutely sell him for that much if you can get a replacement sorted in time.Sound like lemar is that replacement

I guess VVD will have to decide as well: spend a year not playing or go to chelsea or city. he is on a 5 year contract, so if southampton want to make an example of him, he will suffer more.

Just now, zahidf said:

oh absolutely sell him for that much if you can get a replacement sorted in time.Sound like lemar is that replacement

or Ox. Or both.

Or even none. They could probably wing it (tho risky) for a year with Keita already sorted for next summer and Salah having settled in very well.

Just now, zahidf said:

I guess VVD will have to decide as well: spend a year not playing or go to chelsea or city. he is on a 5 year contract, so if southampton want to make an example of him, he will suffer more.

Like I say, I don't think Soton have the balls to make an example of him - and particularly with new owners. I don't think they'd be happy to find out their purchase had cost them perhaps an extra £50m or so.

The player or club will cave to the other's wants, it's just a matter of who bottles it first.

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

From the sounds of this, coutino is gone, and VVD is unlikely because southampton are pissed off with Liverpool.

Its a gossip page. They have proven in the past the get things right now and then but I would not rely on much of what is mentioned on such pages TBF. 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

or Ox. Or both.

Or even none. They could probably wing it (tho risky) for a year with Keita already sorted for next summer and Salah having settled in very well.

Like I say, I don't think Soton have the balls to make an example of him - and particularly with new owners. I don't think they'd be happy to find out their purchase had cost them perhaps an extra £50m or so.

The player or club will cave to the other's wants, it's just a matter of who bottles it first.

i think liverpool def have to get a coutino replacement if they sell him. They are already a little light squad wise, they need depth to win anything this season

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

i think liverpool def have to get a coutino replacement if they sell him. They are already a little light squad wise, they need depth to win anything this season

they've got better depth than last season ... and apart from VVD none of the players being talked about are the types of players they need anyway.

It would be wiser to replace him if they can, but I don't think it's an absolute necessity. It's not front-end players they're in biggest need of.

Edited by eFestivals

55 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Based on anything other than personal bias? I respectfully disagree!

Of course it's personal bias, I've watched him almost every week for the last two years and he hasn't put a foot wrong in that time. His reading of the game is second to none, he's composed on the ball, never dragged out of position, he's simply a class act. Not flashy or anything, but does his job to the letter.

Who would you say is better? You'll forgive me for questioning your judgement on this one, after all it was you who described my valuation of him at around £30m as "la la land".