Football 17/18

TheGayTent

58 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Seems that way, I'm sure Barry will do a solid job for a year but he'll do nothing to address how desperately slow and pedestrian we are in midfield. We have been screaming out for a dynamic box to box midfielder for years, signing Barry just puts us level with where we were in May. We need better.

Surely if you want youth and dynamism, the only way is to replace the manager.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Out:

Chadli to Swansea if/when they sell Siggurdsson is the rumour. £25m and they can have him, he had the odd great performance but flattered to deceive most of the time.

In:

Ben Gibson if Boro drop their asking price (I'd be happy with that - young, English, would have big sell on value if he does well)

Jack Wilshire (not sure, never rated him at Arsenal and Bournemouth didn't seem too bothered to lose him. Plus he's a crock and a bad egg)

We're also after a winger and another forward, no names but I can't see them being particularly exciting or sexy.

Oh and we'll need to replace Chadli too.

£25m? And I thought we paid over the odds for Arnoutavic! 

Hope you do sign Wilshire - because it will mean we haven't! 

24 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

£25m? And I thought we paid over the odds for Arnoutavic! 

Hope you do sign Wilshire - because it will mean we haven't! 

If they've sold Sigurrdsson for £50m then we'll argue that Chadli is worth half of that at least. He isn't, but that's the way the market is going. 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just took a call, which i presume was genuine....

It was a geezer claiming to be the agent for a couple of footballers at a famous club, who said they've been given Monday off, so he was attempting to blag them some VIP tickets for V Festival.

Expect to see trashed footballers in Monday's papers. :P

Staffs or Chelmsford?

Can't they just pay? Not like it ever sells out.

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Staffs or Chelmsford?

Chelmsford. It was a London club (club name was given, players names weren't).

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can't they just pay? Not like it ever sells out.

it was very specifically VIP tickets he was wanting. 

Whether he'd have been prepared to pay for them I've no idea.

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

A bit worried about this match tonight.

Hoffenheim scored the most amount of goals from set pieces in Bundesliga last season. They also didn't concede many goals at home. That combination doesn't bode well.

Going for 1-0 to them tonight, 3-1 to us in the second leg.

Tough draw alright. You could do with nicking a goal tonight. 

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Firmino's opener? SMH.

Ah I have seen way worse. Keeper was on top of him as the ball came to him.

Some of that LFC defending but? Shocking stuff. Want to score against them? Just gotta lump high balls in at em. They have no idea how to stop em. Panic stations. The likes of Utd will clean up against such a defence

Delighted for AA scoring that free kick. 

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We're holding out for £25m, it's not like City can't afford it.

Strange move from City and even stranger if he makes it, given his United history. I read that he said unless WBA decide to sell him, he won't move. Imagine for that much they will. Have fun sitting on the bench!

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Strange move from City and even stranger if he makes it, given his United history. I read that he said unless WBA decide to sell him, he won't move. Imagine for that much they will. Have fun sitting on the bench!

I don't think Evans is the sort to make a fuss if we don't sell. So it's up to him, he can either stay and play every week at a mid-table club where he is captain and has he love of the fans. Or he can decide he wants one last shot at the big time - huge contract, trophies, Champs League, etc, but he isn't guaranteed regular starts. I wouldn't blame him either way to be honest.

Read that over 90,000 people transferred Harry Kane out of their fantasy teams this week after he failed to score at Newcastle. Funny considering he had more overall shots and shots inside the area than any other striker in gameweek one. Nightmare for those who, like me, captained him though, earning a measly two points.

Edited by jyoung

35 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Read that over 90,000 people transferred Harry Kane out of their fantasy teams this week after he failed to score at Newcastle. Funny considering he had more overall shots and shots inside the area than any other striker in gameweek one. Nightmare for those who, like me, captained him though, earning a measly two points.

I've had a lot of success in the past by just picking one player as captain and, barring injury or massive loss of form, sticking with them all season. You accept that they'll have the odd match where they don't pick up many points but it's better than trying to be clever every week and getting it wrong.

Easy to say when you had Lukaku as captain first week...