Football 17/18

TheGayTent

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Ronaldo the loon deserves a nice ban for putting his mits on the ref.

Yep. Stupid. Stupid decision from the ref too though considering he gave Suarez a peno. 

Amazing that no matter what sort of tackle goes in, Suarez falls and reacts the exact same way every time, like his leg has been snapped in two, yet miraculously gets up within 30 seconds. Incredible powers of recovery. 

36 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Stupid decision from the ref too though considering he gave Suarez a peno. 

Really? Its the refs fault for falling for the Suarez dive and we are calling him stupid now? Bit unfair on the ref IMO.

Its an ugly part of the game, but players do it as they know they can get away with it, hence Freddie dives all the time and hence Ronaldo tried to get away with it too. He got caught out but, as the ref had a better viewing angle obviously, and so was not tricked this time. 

Retrospective bans for diving will put a stop to it. Even though Freddie got the peno and it was scored it should be reviewable post the game from a banning perspective.........he gets a ban for that and we see less of his antics. 

The really stupid thing is Ronaldo taking the chance of a dive when he is on a yellow already (which he got also for being really stupid and taking his clothes off yet again, knob :rolleyes:) and they were 2-1 up at the time! Such desperation was hardly warranted. 

26 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Really? Its the refs fault for falling for the Suarez dive and we are calling him stupid now? Bit unfair on the ref IMO.

Its an ugly part of the game, but players do it as they know they can get away with it, hence Freddie dives all the time and hence Ronaldo tried to get away with it too. He got caught out but, as the ref had a better viewing angle obviously, and so was not tricked this time. 

Retrospective bans for diving will put a stop to it. Even though Freddie got the peno and it was scored it should be reviewable post the game from a banning perspective.........he gets a ban for that and we see less of his antics. 

The really stupid thing is Ronaldo taking the chance of a dive when he is on a yellow already (which he got also for being really stupid and taking his clothes off yet again, knob :rolleyes:) and they were 2-1 up at the time! Such desperation was hardly warranted. 

Agree with the retro stuff of course yeah. Didn't think Ronaldo dived. Wasn't a foul or a dive. 

Yeah, no need for the shirt off and the pose. What a twat.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Wasn't a foul or a dive. 

What was it then? 

To my eyes he stumbles; the ball gets away from him and he throws himself on the ground trying to make it look like he was impeded. He straight away gets up looking for the peno. If its not a foul what is he doing looking for a peno? Cheating? If so yellow card......bye bye perky pecs

I''d be willing to bet that he won't get any extra punishment, which is mental.

On the topic of being mental... I placed a bet with my mate (he actually gave me odds of 10/1) that Newcastle would finish above Everton. I think my love for Rafa might have clouded my judgement ever so slightly...

Edited by DareToDibble

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

What was it then? 

To my eyes he stumbles; the ball gets away from him and he throws himself on the ground trying to make it look like he was impeded. He straight away gets up looking for the peno. If its not a foul what is he doing looking for a peno? Cheating? If so yellow card......bye bye perky pecs

Just a 50/50 coming together. Play on. Hes going to ask for the peno of course. 

Will be interesting to see if he gets a big ban for pushing the ref (which he should) considering hes already threatened to leave Spain over the tax thing. 

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Let's all talk about Suarez, when Ronaldo pushed the fucking ref.

Yup. Everyone totally ignore the highest profile diver in world football because he did great for Liverpool for a couple of seasons. 

which has reminded me of Shelvey yesterday, the knob.

Yeah about as stupid a red as you'll see. Hes been seeing a psychologist apparently. 

Edited by The Nal

14 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Ronaldo has been given a 5 game ban.

Rightly so. That puts him out for over a month. Ouch!

59 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Nal's anti-LFC hatred transcends transfers and retirement. Gotta hand it to the kid. That takes work.

:lol:

Anti-LFC. He plays for Barca!

We has this convo before. One of the best in the world apparently. Last huge Barca game? 

Yep.

tumblr_omin62QbWy1tknc6fo1_500.gif

How he can go home after and face his family is beyond me. No shame. 

On 8/14/2017 at 9:30 AM, The Nal said:

Dreadful. Having watched it back, Utd were great at times. 

Hoofball eh?! 

Any see Suarez's dive last night? Standard stuff now. Dive, roll, scream, hand out, roll into a ball.

What a cheating little rat.

Tremendous effort! 9/10

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Fletcher replacement presumably ?

Seems that way, I'm sure Barry will do a solid job for a year but he'll do nothing to address how desperately slow and pedestrian we are in midfield. We have been screaming out for a dynamic box to box midfielder for years, signing Barry just puts us level with where we were in May. We need better.

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Seems that way, I'm sure Barry will do a solid job for a year but he'll do nothing to address how desperately slow and pedestrian we are in midfield. We have been screaming out for a dynamic box to box midfielder for years, signing Barry just puts us level with where we were in May. We need better.

Many more ins/outs rumoured ? 

2 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Many more ins/outs rumoured ? 

Out:

Chadli to Swansea if/when they sell Siggurdsson is the rumour. £25m and they can have him, he had the odd great performance but flattered to deceive most of the time.

In:

Ben Gibson if Boro drop their asking price (I'd be happy with that - young, English, would have big sell on value if he does well)

Jack Wilshire (not sure, never rated him at Arsenal and Bournemouth didn't seem too bothered to lose him. Plus he's a crock and a bad egg)

We're also after a winger and another forward, no names but I can't see them being particularly exciting or sexy.

Oh and we'll need to replace Chadli too.