Football 17/18

TheGayTent

I guess Uniteds problem last year was not killing off smaller teams, especially at home. Lukaku scores well against bottom half clubs. And Jose can keep parking his bus in the top 6 games, Lukaku goes missing in those anyway so no point trying to score.

Edited by mjsell

If they play a midfield 2 of Pogba and Herrera then they'll also end up having to play Mkhi and Martial at full back. That team is no better than what they had last year.

What's happened with the Matic deal? That seemed like it was done.

Would imagine a midfield 3 of Matic, Herrera, Pogba, and a front 3 of Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Martial/Rashford.

Obviously they've been after another winger, though.

Edit: So what happens with Chelea now? They tell their striker he isn't wanted and then his replacement goes to United instead :lol:

Edited by Will-2609

Spurs already said no to 100 million for Kane apparently. And rightly so. Homegrown, 2 time golden boat winner e.t.c. I hope he stays at spurs for ages

Conte has apparently spent ages talking to Lukaku about how he fits into Chelsea's plans. He will be PISSED if he goes to Man utd instead

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Spurs already said no to 100 million for Kane apparently. And rightly so. Homegrown, 2 time golden boat winner e.t.c. I hope he stays at spurs for ages

Conte has apparently spent ages talking to Lukaku about how he fits into Chelsea's plans. He will be PISSED if he goes to Man utd instead

I think like Lukaku there are still questions about Kane in the really big matches.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think like Lukaku there are still questions about Kane in the really big matches.

He has scored against all the top 6 clubs last year and won the golden boat two years. He clearly is the best premiere league striker at the moment

Just now, eFestivals said:

I'd rather have Kane. He looks much-more the real deal than Lukaku to me.

(I initially thought he might be a one-season wonder. was wrong about that).

I could toss a coin between the 2, both can build up decent tallys in the quest for the golden boot, but many of these goals are of limited value to the team. Looking at both they didn't do anything in the euros and haven't been able to find goals when really needed.