Just a thought for those involved in the London fire

babyblade41

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is so so devastating. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to be trapped in there. Does anyone know if there will be a donation bank for those affected? I have a lot of clothes and other house bits I could donate if there was. These people have lost everything :( 

Absolutely tragic, those old 70's tower blocks were always a danger and usually only had a single set of stairs for the whole building. Modern recladding doesn't compensate for the structural flaws. 

Horrible way to die.

Edited by squirrelarmy

No fire alarm working either.. lots of jumpers and people have lost everything even if they escape with their lives 

3 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

This is so so devastating. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to be trapped in there. Does anyone know if there will be a donation bank for those affected? I have a lot of clothes and other house bits I could donate if there was. These people have lost everything :( 

I'm sure there will be a place where you can donate items shortly ... I'll dig out all my stuff too 

Just now, babyblade41 said:

No fire alarm working either.. lots of jumpers and people have lost everything even if they escape with their lives 

I'm sure there will be a place where you can donate items shortly ... I'll dig out all my stuff too 

It would be great if the festival had a station to donate at. I'm sure there would be hundreds of people willing to donate little things at the end of the festival they no longer need 

Just now, Lucy92 said:

It would be great if the festival had a station to donate at. I'm sure there would be hundreds of people willing to donate little things at the end of the festival they no longer need 

Excellent idea.. I have sky news on all day so if I hear anything about donations I'll post it here if no one is in the know first 

2 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

Excellent idea.. I have sky news on all day so if I hear anything about donations I'll post it here if no one is in the know first 

I might email the festival later and see if something could be set up. Anything left over I'm sure could be put to good use if people packaged it up properly 

Just now, Lucy92 said:

I might email the festival later and see if something could be set up. Anything left over I'm sure could be put to good use if people packaged it up properly 

great perhaps a few of us could do the same to get more of an impact... I have so much bedding that is surplus which could be left at gates so as not having to lug around 

just sent them a tweet see if that gets a response 

This is so so sad. I drive in past that area every morning as I work in Kensington and the sight of the smoke was heartbreaking this morning even from where I live which is over 6 miles away. 

I can not begin to imagine the devastation of losing your home and everything in it

30 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Great thought but unfortunately probably just get used as an excuse by the usual suspects to leave all their crap behind that they can't be arsed to take home.

This is absolutely terrible. I saw an interview with a man on BBC news this morning who thankfully managed to escape but said he could see and hear people on the higher levels breaking windows and screaming for help. I can't even begin to imagine what those poor people went through.

Apparently none of the smoke alarms in the halls or stairwells were working.

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

just been reading about it. Tragic news. Those tower blocks are absolute death traps in the event of a large fire.:(

Disgraceful that nothing's been done about it. I do hope this is a wake up call for similar buildings to get their arses in gear and get fireproofed. This is a terrible tragedy and it wouldn't surprise me if a large number of deaths resulted in it. I just hope plenty got out safe and those who did perish, did so quickly with as little pain as possible.

3 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Disgraceful that nothing's been done about it. I do hope this is a wake up call for similar buildings to get their arses in gear and get fireproofed. This is a terrible tragedy and it wouldn't surprise me if a large number of deaths resulted in it. I just hope plenty got out safe and those who did perish, did so quickly with as little pain as possible.

There are already strict codes for new buildings and renovations in terms of fire protection and warning. The developers/building owners are clearly at fault here. No consolation for the victims but the people responsible will be going to prison for a very long time.