Would you ever take trainers instead of wellies / walking boots?

Grace_135

Hey, 

So wellies aren't that comfy and walking boots are hot. If the weather is meant to be good od you think you could get away with converse / trainers? Obivously I'd take wellies and boots too but just wondered if trainers would be a good shout or just extra weight?

I would never not take a pair of wellies, even if I ended up just leaving them in the car. There have been a couple of years where I have got away with just Converse or walking boots though. I bought some gel insoles for my wellies last year on a recommendation from these boards, absolute game changer.

I won't be taking wellies. The walking boots will come in handy for my shifts but if it's hot I'll be wearing my Salomon walking trainers, which are much comfier. If it's REALLY hot and dry I'll wear my Birkenstocks but they don't offer much support and after the 'smashing time' I had a few years back I prefer something a bit more stable to support my ankle.

I would never not take wellies/walking boots. I'd only not take the wellies (onto site) if I was pretty damn sure about the weather, walking boots cover you for almost all the rest of it though unless it's gonna be relentless sun then trainers can have a place but there's always gonna be bits of yuk near standpipes/taps/longdrops etc

It's not that hardcore an event, can use nice lightweight boots is fine.

Always take wellies/walking boots. I wear my wellies there, under my jeans, with converse in my rucksack. It is just not worth the risk to not take wet weather footwear and clothing. I would rather have and not need than the other way round.