Under 18's taking alcohol?

Ollie9917

34 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

If you were to walk  in to any hospital now and take some statistics down then you'd probably find that, apart from those who smoke fags and drink alcohol, the majority of those in there who are dying weren't / aren't drug takers. I know that taking drugs will probably shorten your expected life span, but in the words of the great Freddie Mercury ' Who wants to live forever'? I certainly don't. Better to burn out than fade away. I don't understand why anybody would want to get seriously old and have to be looked after, wheeled around, shoved by force in front of a telly showing Cash in the Attic. Fuck that for a game of soldiers. I guess I'm not really scared of death like some people are.

Ok keep ya wig on. Im not bothered if people do drugs was just discouraging drugs on an under 18s thread

I think it was 2013, I was at the other stage probably around 1pm, empty bar and went to get me and my wife a beer. Walked up and got asked for ID - I was 35 with a beard! I thought they were joking at first but couldn't get served as I didn't have any. Went back to where my wife was sitting and she had to go and get them even though she's four years younger. The one and only time I've been asked at Glastonbury in 11 visits. Weird. 

If it's just what you're taking in with you you'll be fine - won't be asked at all. 

Edited by General Lee

My lad who was 14 and 5'11" got stopped three times on the way in last year. He looked maybe 16 but not 18 and they checked him for alcohol and drugs. It wasn't until I told them his age each time they stopped short of a more intense search, I reminded them that he was a minor and therefore they couldn't touch him! 

The first year I went (2008) I was 17 - went semi-solo as my girlfriend at the time was working backstage with her family so spent the majority on my own.

Drove up from Cornwall a week after passing my test, brought with me 10 bottles of some awful ale, purchased booze from every bar, not challenged once. Obviously we live in a different world already so it won't be quite the same.

You'll be in a queue with a load of over 18s.  Be nice to them on the way in and most will happily carry your booze in for you in return for you carrying something that will free their hands up to do so.  It's likely there will be more stringent checks this year than previous ones so just make sure that what you are carrying in return would be deemed to be ok if you are searched. 

46 minutes ago, Nuts said:

Ok keep ya wig on. Im not bothered if people do drugs was just discouraging drugs on an under 18s thread

Apologies if my post gave you the impression that I was on a rant. I wasn't. In my minds eye I was just chatting with you. I understand where you are coming from with regard to discouraging drugs on an under 18s thread, but can't help but feel that the subject needs discussing with under 18's. I'm not some Ok yah down with the kids type youth worker, I just know that the vast majority of youths (of all classes, races,creeds etc) will come across drugs , and think that it's better that they are educated about them rather than pretend that they don't exist.

On 13/06/2017 at 9:58 PM, Ollie9917 said:

a bottle of vodka (in plastic) and 4 cans of k cider? ? 

I've been before last year but was with over 18's last year AND i wasnt checked

4 cans?? Steady on son. Reckon you'll be fine with that :lol:. It's hardly a big sesh that'll set alarm bells ringing. 

On 13 June 2017 at 9:58 PM, Ollie9917 said:

a bottle of vodka (in plastic) and 4 cans of k cider? ? 

I've been before last year but was with over 18's last year AND i wasnt checked

Given that you'll struggle to get served at bars, you need to rethink your strategy! What are you going to drink after the first 12 hours?!

2 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

4 cans?? Steady on son. Reckon you'll be fine with that :lol:. It's hardly a big sesh that'll set alarm bells ringing. 

This is just to day drink, I have other means of entertaining myself thank you very much

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

Given that you'll struggle to get served at bars, you need to rethink your strategy! What are you going to drink after the first 12 hours?!

yh ino I won't be getting that pissed anyway

On 13/06/2017 at 10:57 PM, General Lee said:

I think it was 2013, I was at the other stage probably around 1pm, empty bar and went to get me and my wife a beer. Walked up and got asked for ID - I was 35 with a beard! I thought they were joking at first but couldn't get served as I didn't have any. Went back to where my wife was sitting and she had to go and get them even though she's four years younger. The one and only time I've been asked at Glastonbury in 11 visits. Weird. 

If it's just what you're taking in with you you'll be fine - won't be asked at all. 

I worked at a bar at bestival a couple of years ago, probably a different company but still. 

They have like "secret shoppers" meant to test whether bar staff are IDing properly. Basically, someone who looks well under 18, and someone who's acting far too pissed to responsibly get served. It should be really easy to spot these people, but if someone serves them they get fired. Anyway, on Friday night at around midnight I think someone from my bar or a nearby one failed this test, and our manager made us ID absolutely everyone. I was 21, IDing people older than my parents. Felt like a right prick, had to preface everything with "I know you're over 25 but I have to ask everyone" to people in their 30/40/50s.