Does anyone know of anyone who's been refused entry to Glastonbury?

Vallant

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been heavily grilled at the gates before, and this was my ticket with the person in the photo being me. Steward looked very closely for about 3 minutes, called over a senior. and they had a good stare for a while. It's going to be incredibly strict this year, so, it's not worth the chance. The tiny, minute chance that someone isn't going to rumble you.

I'd say this year, anyone attempting to get through on someone else's ticket is going to have a bad time. Not only will they be refused entry, but they'll serve to up security tensions and delay everyone else. 

Edited by SpeakingmyChanguage

Why don't you suggest paying for the ticket IF you get in? I am presuming the other person can't go whatsoever

So instead of you forking out £230 and potentially not getting in OR her not sell it at all and definitely lose £230 say if you get in you will pay the cost of the ticket

2 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

Why don't you suggest paying for the ticket IF you get in? I am presuming the other person can't go whatsoever

So instead of you forking out £230 and potentially not getting in OR her not sell it at all and definitely lose £230 say if you get in you will pay the cost of the ticket

Ha, I did suggest that to one of the people who was selling a ticket.

Strangely enough he didn't get back to me.

There must be a better way though, surely transferring tickets to someone registered can't be that difficult?  or would that create a greater opportunity for touts?

Just now, Kinkyinuit said:

There must be a better way though, surely transferring tickets to someone registered can't be that difficult?  or would that create a greater opportunity for touts?

OH I thought you might know the person

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Whilst I think it's disappointing you can't transfer it the current system really does stop yours so I can't really argue with it (as annoying as it is late in the game!)

2015 a friend was knocked back for using someone else ticket, he has to basically just run through the barriers to get in.

2013 another used someone's else's, said that the guy checking new it blatantly wasn't him but wasn't fussed at all.

I'd say it normally depends on if you get a jobsworth, but expect them to be extra vigilant this year.

Edited by lukemack

A friend of mine got in using someone else's ticket last year, they looked kind of similar to one another but my friend arrived to the gate in full fancy dress, face paint and glitter in his beard... worked a treat and nobody batted an eyelid ! 

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just curious really, but did you personally turn someone away then? How did they take it? Or did you just refer them to the office for further questioning?

Basically what happens is all the volunteers who you give your ticket to first have a little placard on the floor with a question mark on it. If they don't think it's you they hold it in the air until security come over and security will then ask for ID - if you don't have ID you don't get in. I did this to a couple of people and they weren't happy but I had no choice really.

26 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Basically what happens is all the volunteers who you give your ticket to first have a little placard on the floor with a question mark on it. If they don't think it's you they hold it in the air until security come over and security will then ask for ID - if you don't have ID you don't get in. I did this to a couple of people and they weren't happy but I had no choice really.

Ah no I don't blame you at all - that's what you're there to do! Just wondered if you had to go as far as throwing them out if just a volunteer but sounds like security take it from there. Cheers!

4 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

That's what i was thinking, it didn't seem that bad, but guess there was something / someone much worse who has now disappeared into the efestivals ether:)  

Old Sea Glass has broad shoulders! Ha - I can see now it was a mistake. No worries.

I appreciate fully that if someone can't make it and has paid £200 for their ticket and someone else buys it for £200, takes a chance and manages to get in, that actually no one has lost out. Win win situation. My comments were simply that maybe some people should think twice this year as the reasons for the extra security are entirely unique to the heart breaking events we seem to sadly be seeing far too often these days.

The security / ticket checkers are going to be under far more pressure this year so please don't add to that pressure by trying to trick your way in. 

Edited by Sea Glass