What's your poison?

kalifire

How do you adjust your mind at Glastonbury?

Alcohol? Something... else? Or nothing at all? Or a combination of both?

Personally, my go-to is the booze but only because I'm not experienced in taking anything else and go by myself so it's a bit dodgy to start experimenting on my lonesome. I'd like to, though. Constantly needing to pee and the endless cost of pints (I buy on site) ain't funny.

I've looked out for the enhanced brownies at the green fields, but last time I thought I'd honed in on the goods, I ended up buying some absolutely repulsive vegetable cluster-vom. The roaming lady selling them looked so convincing that she was selling the goods, I tipped her a fiver before the first visceral bite. Any tips in that direction would be appreciated.

Anyway... how do you do what you do when you do?

Edited by kalifire

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcohol plus MD & pills.

Mostly white wine (drunk faster, less pissing) and a short & mixer, rum & ginger ale for example. Then when needing a boost in early evening start dabbing & nibbling. Rinse & repeat every day. 

I just did download chemical free, booze only. Never again. I'm Far too old to not need a pick me up when walking & standing all day & night. Lesson learned !

Beer during the day, as it's in cans the darker the better - they're not bothered by not being refrigerated. Ive got some peanut butter milk stouts, some smoked porters, and a whisky aged imperial stout that'll be just right at 7.4% :lol: 

when the sun comes down, I move over to rum. The little stall in West Holts who does big delicious pints of fresh squeezed lemon juice and coconut milk, which I then supplement with a great swig of Appleton estate dark rum. Absolutely beautiful, refreshing, intoxicating and involving many less wees than all the beer beforehand! 

I don't touch any drugs, not my thing - I work on a psych ward and I have more than enough contact with drug-induced psychosis to want to do it in my spare time. If others do, that's their lookout. That's their brain cells. I feel terrible enough as it is on the Monday without narcotics knacking me up even more :lol:

lots of weed and alcohol is the norm for me. Been to festivals without any substances excluding drinking and smoking, but I've never been to a festival and not drunk or smoked. Normally have some psychedelics to work my way through aswell but I'm normally a bit more sensible at Glastonbury than other festivals as am aware of how much can potentially be missed if I indulge a bit too much.

Normally trip on the thursday and then saturday/sunday and then just spend the rest of the weekend drinking. Weed is a constant.

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Beer during the day, as it's in cans the darker the better - they're not bothered by not being refrigerated. Ive got some peanut butter milk stouts, some smoked porters, and a whisky aged imperial stout that'll be just right at 7.4% :lol: 

when the sun comes down, I move over to rum. The little stall in West Holts who does big delicious pints of fresh squeezed lemon juice and coconut milk, which I then supplement with a great swig of Appleton estate dark rum. Absolutely beautiful, refreshing, intoxicating and involving many less wees than all the beer beforehand! 

I don't touch any drugs, not my thing - I work on a psych ward and I have more than enough contact with drug-induced psychosis to want to do it in my spare time. If others do, that's their lookout. That's their brain cells. I feel terrible enough as it is on the Monday without narcotics knacking me up even more :lol:

You do , do drugs. Yours is one of the biggest killers, just saying

Tuesday and Wednesday in the cv fields is pimms with BBQ, because it's a great summer drink and doesn't make you bloated and is very easy to drink, plus it's our festival tradition.

then move on to cider, either cans of thatchers or wylde wood, then towards to end of the festival I have a nice single malt to see in the wee hours

7 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

drinking a pint of freshly squeezed lemon juice would probably be enough for me to feel like I was on a fairly strong substance!

Cider :) At least 6%, and preferably higher. And none of that sugary fruity tasting shit, but I'll usually take whatever I can get if I'm desperate...

No MD before 4pm Friday, Minimal booze throughout Saturday, and then whatever you need to get you through Sunday. Except JD honey. I'm not allowed that at Glastonbury anymore... :sorry:

Edited by Sasperella

Not been to Glastonbury but done many a festivals in my time and many motorcycle events ...drugs definite no no for me.. I too have worked in an ICU of a mental hospital when I was young ..it stopped any recreational stuff instantly... saw too many young lives ended through just one pill .

I don't drink spirits either and now I get high on excitement.. to have a few days care free is the ultimate as I haven't been on hols for years ...but I love a glass of chilled white wine and will sit down and enjoy throughout the day...but I know my limits now, life is too short for me not to remember things 

I am also on my own 

Every other year it's just been copious amounts of alcohol but last year I struggled to stay out late. A combination of age and general tiredness from the state to the ground.

This year will be beer and spirits, as well as some coke as a pick-me-up later in the day. Never taken it into a festival before so any tips on where is best to hide it are greatly received.

14 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

You do , do drugs. Yours is one of the biggest killers, just saying

Oh yeah, I quite agree, some of the most messed up situations I've ever dealt with have been courtesy of alcohol.

But I know what I'm doing with alcohol, I know the strengths of things, I know what to do to counteract any ropey feelings (Which is primarily to eat pies and/or kebabs :P)

I don't have the same breadth of knowledge about drugs, so I don't do em 

Just alcohol these days. I can't take most drugs anyway to anxiety issues and my brain is usually too wracked with hangover anxiety to take the stuff I normally can.

Fortunately, as long as as I stay away from cask ales, alcohol tends to keep me awake so that's not usually a problem.

This and that, No alcohol , I don't enjoy it one little bit. Never have, always get a hard time when I'm just drinking water, and the others are insisting I have a pint :( 

some of us don't need your drug pushed back  on us either ;) 

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Every other year it's just been copious amounts of alcohol but last year I struggled to stay out late. A combination of age and general tiredness from the state to the ground.

This year will be beer and spirits, as well as some coke as a pick-me-up later in the day. Never taken it into a festival before so any tips on where is best to hide it are greatly received.

Up your nose. 

In all seriousness unless you're taking loads it'll be fairly easy to hide. There's no perfect place but just put the bag in something like some small piece of clothing (socks?) or food wrapper and stuff it in the bottom of your camping bag. Never hurts to put it in something and then put it in something else which I will aptly name the Russian Doll method.

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Oh yeah, I quite agree, some of the most messed up situations I've ever dealt with have been courtesy of alcohol.

But I know what I'm doing with alcohol, I know the strengths of things, I know what to do to counteract any ropey feelings (Which is primarily to eat pies and/or kebabs :P)

I don't have the same breadth of knowledge about drugs, so I don't do em 

That's a fair point, just wish people wouldn't try so hard not call it a drug ;) 

42 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Any tips in that direction would be appreciated.

Anyway... how do you do what you do when you do?

Mostly a shit-ton of alcohol but also like a good joint, nowt stronger for me. Happy to sort you out with a bit at the festival, appreciate you're flying so not easy to sort out yourself. 

By offering to sort you out, I mean give you some, not sell it! Happy to share the love. Message me during the festival if you want.