Pregnant at Glastonbury 2017

lauroar

Mrs morph is going to be 26 weeks pregnant so got a fair sized bump now, I'm chair carrying and trying not to drink so much as to become a hindrance and still be helpful. Fallow year babies are the best!

pregnant meet up will be the back of most stages chilling by camping chairs drinking soft drinks :-) see you there!

So glad to hear from others in the same boat!

Feeling good about the weather forecast - looks like there will be lots of opportunity to sit/lie down around site. Much better than trudging through mud.

Wishing all fellow preggos the best time - think how lucky the little ones are to have their first glasto in-utero.

Hiya...I too am pregnant and will be around 28 weeks next week! I'm think I'm cutting it fine..my energy levels are dropping..mainly due to achy legs and this gosh darned heat! But I have set my expectations low for glasto this year and plan on doing a lot of relaxing/eating! And I'm just as excited as previous years! Although it will certainly be a test come the evenings when I can't have a drink or two. But I think it's the perfect way to enjoy yourself before baby comes! Make the most of this "free" time!! Xxx

21 hours ago, John the Moth said:

So... ladies who will be, or have been, babied up at the fest. Any recommendations for the best non alcoholic drinks on site?

asking for a friend 

Erm yeah... Turns out I also need to ask a few questions... For a friend.

Very early days but what are the best tips for beating the heat? How much heat is too much? How much rest should be taken? Would putting off arriving until Wednesday evening to avoid the worst of the heat be sensible?

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Erm yeah... Turns out I also need to ask a few questions... For a friend.

Very early days but what are the best tips for beating the heat? How much heat is too much? How much rest should be taken? Would putting off arriving until Wednesday evening to avoid the worst of the heat be sensible?

We are planning on arriving Wednesday afternoon so hopefully the queues will have died down and we can walk straight in. Going to split all our stuff in 2 back packs and I will take 1 in on Wednesday and the wife can carry the sleeping bag and then I will go back on Thursday for the other bag. Will pack 1 bag up with the dirty clothes and keep the minimum in the tent on Sunday so I can take that back to the car Sunday morning then have a slow walk out on Monday with the rest of the gear.

I'm glad it looks like it may cool down for the weekend, was a bit concerned she would struggle in this heat everyday.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

My grandson was at this years festival at -9 weeks old :D My daughter in law managed really well in the heat. Mind you she did come home here every night an sleep in a bed which was helpful. 

In 2019 I shall show the boy how to party :drinks:

What a great time is in store for you both!! Xx