Pregnant at Glastonbury 2017

lauroar

Hi all

I know this subject has been done to death but I'm hoping for a bit of reassurance/solidarity with just over a week to go before the festival.

We've been to Glastonbury several times before and of course consumed a considerable amount of booze etc over the week. This year I'm going to be 14 weeks pregnant, so not visibly pregnant or physically struggling but obviously can't indulge as I have previously. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about a) general stamina, b) being the only sober member of the group (either getting annoyed at drunks or killing the vibe by being sober), c) late night shenanigans (me + husband love dnb etc so usually spend a lot of time in the south east corner post-midnight) and d) sleeping.

Please someone reassure me that I'm going to have an amazing time? Different, but just as good? Or is it a case of managing expectations and taking it easy without the beer/dancing jacket?

2 minutes ago, lauroar said:

Hi all

I know this subject has been done to death but I'm hoping for a bit of reassurance/solidarity with just over a week to go before the festival.

We've been to Glastonbury several times before and of course consumed a considerable amount of booze etc over the week. This year I'm going to be 14 weeks pregnant, so not visibly pregnant or physically struggling but obviously can't indulge as I have previously. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about a) general stamina, B) being the only sober member of the group (either getting annoyed at drunks or killing the vibe by being sober), c) late night shenanigans (me + husband love dnb etc so usually spend a lot of time in the south east corner post-midnight) and d) sleeping.

Please someone reassure me that I'm going to have an amazing time? Different, but just as good? Or is it a case of managing expectations and taking it easy without the beer/dancing jacket?

Its Glasto! You'll have an incredible time booze or no booze!

I'm in the opposite corner here. (yes...I'm not pregnant). Seriously though, I've only ever gone to the festival with my young daughter, so have remained sober/responsible at all times. This year I'm going solo, and am a little apprehensive about it...

You'll have a blast, booze or no booze. 

This is probably the best thread to admit that I'm pretty much in the same boat, although I hope you're not still feel like shit like I am (only 10 weeks) 

My main concern is how tired I feel so I'm planning on getting a camping chair. I don't tend to stay out too late anyway, and personally I'm looking forward to not having a hangover (although morning sickness is as bad...)  

My friend was 6 weeks pregnant in 2014 and she was fine, I think we will be too :)

And yes, fallow children are the way forward in the dedication of Glastonbury :lol:

48 minutes ago, lauroar said:

Hi all

We've been to Glastonbury several times before and of course consumed a considerable amount of booze etc over the week. This year I'm going to be 14 weeks pregnant, so not visibly pregnant or physically struggling but obviously can't indulge as I have previously. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about a) general stamina, B) being the only sober member of the group (either getting annoyed at drunks or killing the vibe by being sober), c) late night shenanigans (me + husband love dnb etc so usually spend a lot of time in the south east corner post-midnight) and d) sleeping.

I'm sure it's you who starts this thread every year. 

;-)

1 minute ago, verrymerry said:

This is probably the best thread to admit that I'm pretty much in the same boat, although I hope you're not still feel like shit like I am (only 10 weeks) 

My main concern is how tired I feel so I'm planning on getting a camping chair. I don't tend to stay out too late anyway, and personally I'm looking forward to not having a hangover (although morning sickness is as bad...)  

My friend was 6 weeks pregnant in 2014 and she was fine, I think we will be too :)

And yes, fallow children are the way forward in the dedication of Glastonbury :lol:

Wa-hey! Congrats! And congrats to the OP too!

you can have an amazing time, 

my friend was heavily pregnant last year and had a ball. (we got shouted at a lot, pregnant women get angry easier) she wore t shirts like the one below to let people know to move the fuck out of her way. just keep away from the crowd to arcadia or the naughty corner it gets pretty ram jacked and scary 

Image result for ice ice baby t shirt

Thanks for the encouragement/reminders it's going to be amazing still. I know it will be - it's just fear of the unknown I guess...

@verrymerry fistbump! Tiredness has passed for me and *whispers* I never had sickness so should be OK on that front. I'm hoping the ground is dry enough to sit on so I wont need to lug a chair around with me everywhere.

1 minute ago, lauroar said:

Thanks for the encouragement/reminders it's going to be amazing still. I know it will be - it's just fear of the unknown I guess...

@verrymerry fistbump! Tiredness has passed for me and *whispers* I never had sickness so should be OK on that front. I'm hoping the ground is dry enough to sit on so I wont need to lug a chair around with me everywhere.

High five! Yeah if it's dry I think we'll be sorted, sitting and napping will be easy! 

I don't feel too sick luckily, eating makes me feel better too so I'm basically going to eat everything, and what a place to be! 

18 minutes ago, lauroar said:

I'm hoping the ground is dry enough to sit on so I wont need to lug a chair around with me everywhere.

Take it easy! You may not look pregnant but you are busy growing someone so I bet you will get a bit more tired than usual! Go with the flow, do what you want but take a rest before you feel knackered!

leave a camping chair in a lock up closest to where you spend most time - then if its muddy you can simply pick it up and take a break if you want to.

Have a great time!!!

My GF was about 10 weeks pregnant with our first kid in 2009. We actually revealed to our mates that she was expecting on the Wednesday evening, which was a really nice moment.

She still had a great time, but she did get a bit annoyed with us a few times, especially on the Thursday when we just wanted to sit around getting hammered, which is apparently pretty boring for someone who isn't indulging :huh: ;) 

Edited by Cheesey

This will be your Glastonbury 2017 and all the variables will create a unique experience for you. Just go with the flow and enjoy it for what it is rather than what you have been used to. Accept your mates may want to indulge and there's nothing wrong in that, take a bimble and find some cool music for you and bump to enjoy whilst chilling out somewhere.

2017 may not be the year where you spend much of your time in the SE corner, but the flip-side is that it opens you up to other experiences that you may normally miss.

Hi Lauroar, 

I'm also 14 weeks pregnant, will be 15 next week by time we go! I'm also very apprehensive. I'm going with a group of people who aren't shy on the booze and other stuff, and being in a group message and hearing them all talk about drinking games and beer pong etc, it's quite literally making me want to cry! 

Im so happy I'm pregnant and overjoyed, but was not planned and didn't expect my glasto to be a sober one.

Ive been out with the group a few occasions in the last couple of weeks and it's clear that I do tend to kill the vibe or just can't keep up with the banter without getting a raging headache!!! I'm really worried about going and almost cancelled. My boyfriend will be there but he's also not planning taking it easy, so in my mind, I don't think I'll be spending much time with him over the 5 days were there. 

If you do however need some sober fellow preggo company at any point, I'll be there! I'm anticipating it's going to be difficult most midnight for us!! 

Xxx

Edited by Leanne89

@Leanne89 if it all gets too much msg me and we could try to meet up!  I'm only going with 3 people, my partner doesn't drink much (although when he does he's hilarious) and my friends drink all day but are lovely and don't really go for getting hammered, so we're a good bunch to be around when you can't drink!  I doubt I'm going to be up much past 12, still in the "fuck I'm tired!" stages.  I'm just sad to be missing out on brothers cider and skittles vodka!!

On 13 June 2017 at 3:11 PM, lauroar said:

Hi all

Hiiiii! My fiancé will also be 14 weeks pregnant! I've agreed not to drink lol! This is our 1st Glastonbury too lol but we are looking forward to the week ahead! :D We just had our '12 week' scan at 13 weeks, we are going to take it easy, we'll be chilling at the back of the crowd :D

image.jpeg

Edited by Jasonbee

1 hour ago, Jasonbee said:

Hiiiii! My fiancé will also be 14 weeks pregnant! I've agreed not to drink lol! This is our 1st Glastonbury too lol but we are looking forward to the week ahead! :D We just had our '12 week' scan at 13 weeks, we are going to take it easy, we'll be chilling at the back of the crowd :D

image.jpeg

What a lovely pic! Congrats. The next generation to go to the festival!!