Steel Cups

marathonsteve

we brought back three from last year's festival.  while their benefit to the festival is obvious, home use has been limited:  glass will always be the favoured vessel chez yeti.

one steel cup, however, has seen valued and purposeful employ as a scoop for the dry food that we feed the dogs.

Mine is my pint vessel of choice at home now. I find drinking out of it rather pleasing. Plus, the beer stays colder longer. Will definitely pick up another one this year.

We brought 2 home last year and they stayed, amongst other stuff, in the boot of my car until about 4 weeks ago.  Been used a lot since at home since then.  To be honest, I only had a couple of beers out of them at the festival last year as every pint I got seemed to be completely flat.  Not sure if it was the cup or the beer though.

5 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

Just packed mine, with the lanyard and all :D haven't used it since last year but it is a nice thing to take home :)

Where did you get the lanyard for it from? I heard about them last year but didn't find any. Went to the bar in the Park to get the cup though.

13 minutes ago, MiracleAligner said:

I swear I didn't come across a single one on any bar I bought pints from last year...

Which bars were using them because I'd like to get one this year?

I got mine in The Bimble Inn. I think they were mostly found in the Park last year, but perhaps they'll expand it this year.

1 hour ago, Smash1984 said:

Where did you get the lanyard for it from? I heard about them last year but didn't find any. Went to the bar in the Park to get the cup though.

Bimble Inn for the lanyard. Had to specifically ask for it, got mine Thursday afternoon! Think it was maybe a quid? Not sure if they ran out at all later.

Edited by cazzatron
it can't have been the morning, I was asleep. :D

24 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

Bimble Inn for the lanyard. Had to specifically ask for it, got mine Thursday afternoon! Think it was maybe a quid? Not sure if they ran out at all later.

Cool thank you, that was the only annoying part of them but a lanyard would solve my laziness issues completely :)

1 hour ago, Smash1984 said:

Got my lanyard and fluffy holders (great to stop your hands getting FREEZING with the cold beverage) from the WaterAid stand next to the ribbon tower.

18 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Got my lanyard and fluffy holders (great to stop your hands getting FREEZING with the cold beverage) from the WaterAid stand next to the ribbon tower.

Great info, thanks. I looked last year but couldn't find the fluffy bits anywhere.