how do you feel

wobble

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, strangegoose said:

Got to work for the next 2 days , then go to a mates funeral , work the next 4 days all the while waiting to here if my dog has just got bladder stones or a tumour and if she will then need an op.......so all in all I'm not doing to great 

Sorry to hear Goose :(

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

That bus journey is a killer although I did get an amazing sunset picture at the Bosnian border crossing last year.

Both amazing cities, are you heading out to the islands?

Wasn't too bad! Not many on the bus so I got to spread out. 

Yeah I hope to do a day trip or two! Gotta see hvar apparently. Any recommendations? 

19 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Wasn't too bad! Not many on the bus so I got to spread out. 

Yeah I hope to do a day trip or two! Gotta see hvar apparently. Any recommendations? 

Hvar is a great island, just did a day there. We hired a little speedboat and grabbed a crate of beer and spent a nice afternoon cruising around the coasts and finished off at a bar in time for sunset. Think it was called Falko. It's the kind of place where the rich pretentious go so expect bar prices to suit but it's the best bar for the sunset.

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Hvar is a great island, just did a day there. We hired a little speedboat and grabbed a crate of beer and spent a nice afternoon cruising around the coasts and finished off at a bar in time for sunset. Think it was called Falko. It's the kind of place where the rich pretentious go so expect bar prices to suit but it's the best bar for the sunset.

Sounds like an amazing day,  Thanks mate!

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Sounds like an amazing day,  Thanks mate!

I was once told by a friend to visit a certain roof top bar when I was visiting a certain country. He said that I'll be totally taken aback. He was right. Very right. I really don't like swish fancy bars. In fact, I think that I have a psychological aversion to them in normal circumstances. However, if I travel now, I always try to see if the place has a sky bar / roof top bar that I can visit.

With that in mind, I have just looked up and noticed that Hvar has one, and that it also is rated very highly. Might be a little expensive, but you could go up there and have one slow drink while you take in the views. 

Anyway, the roof top bar in Hvar is called The Top, and is in the Adriana Hotel.

8 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Starving 10 minutes ago, now in a food coma thinking about all the amazing food stalls at Glastonbury. I'm still yet to find one that's been so good I have to make a point of going back every year so open to suggestions on that.

I did have a pretty damn good hog roast somewhere in the Unfairground last year, actually.

Manic Organic!

I currently feel like I should post my own personal kind of advice on one aspect of the eating of food at Glastonbury. Don't eat the fucking noodles. When you are at the festival and you're pissed up, drugged up, and loved up, but know it's time to eat, then don't eat the fucking noodles. Don't give in to miserly thoughts that they would be good value for money. They are not that. They are just horrible tasting wriggly bits of matter.

Noodles are poo.

Down with noodles, and their type.

Just now, BlackZeppelin said:

That's got to be a good thing.

Looking forward to a late night screening of Withnail. 

It is a good thing.

I've only just heard about the cinema thing. I think that Withnail & I is the only film that I would have liked to have seen at Glastonbury, and it's sold out now anyway. I'm fairly certain that you are going to have an excellent time watching the film in one of those old cars. Remember to open a window every now and again, to let the smoke out. :)

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I currently feel like I should post my own personal kind of advice on one aspect of the eating of food at Glastonbury. Don't eat the fucking noodles. When you are at the festival and you're pissed up, drugged up, and loved up, but know it's time to eat, then don't eat the fucking noodles. Don't give in to miserly thoughts that they would be good value for money. They are not that. They are just horrible tasting wriggly bits of matter.

Noodles are poo.

Down with noodles, and their type.

Judging by the number of paper plates of abandoned, half-eaten noodles I see everywhere on site I think a lot of people come to this realisation too late.

15 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Starving 10 minutes ago, now in a food coma thinking about all the amazing food stalls at Glastonbury. I'm still yet to find one that's been so good I have to make a point of going back every year so open to suggestions on that.

I did have a pretty damn good hog roast somewhere in the Unfairground last year, actually.

The Japanese stall near the cider bus is heavenly 

Edit: But stay away from the noodle dishes :P

Edited by Jackmypie