Helping out after the festival ends

Carpyrob

I'm pretty sure the organisers will try to discourage this unless you are actually booked into work through an approved site. But I'm tempted to stay behind on Monday and even if it's just a little bit of litter picking try and help out where I can. I realise they're gonna ask me to leave site due to health and safety or insurance etc. But if there are actually any organised groups that will appreciate an extra volunteer or two. Let me know :) 

Have a look around, especially down by Goose Hall. There's often a sign there saying they're loking for workers after the festival (litterpicking etc)  I think you have to be there at something like 10am on the Monday. It's 3 meals a day and a bit of cash. 

5 hours ago, bexj said:

Worthy warriors have been asked to stay and help.  Not sure doing what though....

Anyone who has said they will stay on the Monday I think had an email last week, meet at one of 4 campsites 10am monday and help out for 3-4 hours spreading the message, distributing bin bags, directing people to recyling points etc etc

Agree with Mardy there was a sign up last year asking for post festival help for the tidying up process

Good luck

Don't need to cash. Just don't want this one to end seeing as 2019 Is the next time we'll all be on the farm! Gonna be such a long wait but let's not think about that just yet! 

It's always nice to meet some like minded people to, and hear about their festival experience from the last few days. 

Yes as others have said- there is the option to stay on afterwards litter picking- and there are normally signs dotted around telling you where to report on the Monday.  You would need to re-locate your tent to Tom's field.

I have done recycling crew many times but never stayed on afterwards (there is no the option on the recycling crew to do that if you wish) but I have heard it is pretty hard work- hands on knees making sure every last fag butt/small bit of litter is picked up.  Though I would imagine that element doesn't happen immediately as they'd need to clear the bulkier stuff 1st and all the rubbish/tents etc. that those that don't follow "leave no trace" leave behind.

They used to advertise on the railway crossroad by the glade for litter pickers to stay on Monday, and like Mardy said up at Goosehall they seem to have signs.  I think the more hand on deck the better for them!  I'd suggest if you get work, you move your tent into a crew area otherwise people might think it's abandoned and take things x

On 2017-6-14 at 7:18 AM, Carpyrob said:

Don't need to cash. Just don't want this one to end seeing as 2019 Is the next time we'll all be on the farm! Gonna be such a long wait but let's not think about that just yet! 

It's always nice to meet some like minded people to, and hear about their festival experience from the last few days. 

If you stay for litter be prepared for the atmosphere to change. It is relentless work and the mass majority of workers had not been at the festival and the emphasis is on work. It is an extremely busy time as most people are packing up and just wanting to get home.