Things to do in Taunton !

MartinK

So, I'm travelling 3 hours down to Taunton next Tuesday evening to stay in a B&B ready for my coach on Wednesday 

I thought I may have got an early coach however it turns out it's not leaving until 15:45

My check-out time is 10:30 and I'll be at the coach collection point at 14:30

So, apart from drink what can I do in Taunton for 4 hours and is anyone else doing the same trip that fancies meeting up 

There's some really lovely national trust places around that area that are worth a visit if you can get away from the main town. And there's some nice restaurants that you can always chill out at for a couple of hours - there's a side alley off of the main shopping bit with some nice places down it and from memory they have wifi and plugs by the tables to get that last minute charge in 

On 6/12/2017 at 10:01 AM, MartinK said:

So, I'm travelling 3 hours down to Taunton next Tuesday evening to stay in a B&B ready for my coach on Wednesday 

I thought I may have got an early coach however it turns out it's not leaving until 15:45

My check-out time is 10:30 and I'll be at the coach collection point at 14:30

So, apart from drink what can I do in Taunton for 4 hours and is anyone else doing the same trip that fancies meeting up 

Go to St Mary Magdelene Church and have a look around. Then, while still in there, drop to your knees and beg Mary for forgiveness for what you are just about to get up to.

On 12/06/2017 at 11:22 AM, MartinK said:

The Plough - thanks - might have to be an extended pub lunch 

plough does/did good pies apparently .... I don't know how people can be so rude about my home town ... :) but then I'm struggling for 4 hour recommendations myself .... as mentioned earlier the alleyway is called bath place ... beer garden off it is the old library ,