Car parking sticker wanted

MilkyJoe

17 minutes ago, paulshane said:

you can buy them on the day.

Yeah, I will as a last resort but ideally with the extra security and all I'd like to turn up with one.:)

15 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Did you get a glasto ticket, @MilkyJoe ?

13 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

^ this! 

Not yet I'm afraid...:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

I also need a car park sticker, i know they sell them on the day but does this make it longer to get in?

No it doesn't take any longer to get in, you just pay on the gate, it's about a fiver extra.:)

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Tip of the day: car park stickers are a bastard to get off! Stick it to a photocopier transparency and attach that with a pritt stick*

*other brands of craft glue are available.

You are absolutely right. I believe that the glue that they use on the official car park sticker, is actually the stickiest sticky thing currently known about in the scientific world. 

Mind you, I bet none of those clever scientists know that that true accolade is achieved by the Mother and Father of All Sticky Things - by which I mean that unbroken bond between shit and a blanket.

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Tip of the day: car park stickers are a bastard to get off! Stick it to a photocopier transparency and attach that with a pritt stick*

Actually can you still get those transparencies any more? I've had a box kicking round the house for 15 years or more!

Jeez I'm gerrin owd

(is it bad form to quote myself? I can't edit the original post now.)

(now I'm rambling... NURSE!!)

8 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Actually can you still get those transparencies any more? I've had a box kicking round the house for 15 years or more!

Jeez I'm gerrin owd

(is it bad form to quote myself? I can't edit the original post now.)

(now I'm rambling... NURSE!!)

Please nurse, would you mind upping this mans laudanum medication for he's gone quite quite mad, you see.

4 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Good move. But if you do stick them to the windscreen they can be removed quite easily with hand sanitiser of all things.

1 hour ago, sickbird_uk said:

After a late decision to get a campervan ticket, I now have a spare car park ticket.

I'd prefer to sell it cash on collection so if anyone on the Wirral wants one they can pick it up from me for £30.

Give me a shout if you're interested.

Same situation but keeping hold of parking pass in case things go arse up.

It's a long way to North Wales 

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's about the only thing that I haven't tried to remove them with. Thanks for the tip off.

It one of those 'why the hell didn't someone tell me this before' moments when you see how easy it is. I've also spent ages trying to remove the damn things and just ended up driving around with a sticky mess on the screen.