Extended wear contact lenses

Hevv

Bit of an odd question but was thinking about getting some extended wear contacts (the ones that you can sleep in and not bother to take out) for the week- has anyone done this or has anyone had any issues cos of dirt or anything? Cheers!! 

I wear extended wear contact lenses all the time - Air Optix Day and Night, well the specsavers own brand version.

I would advise is to make sure you take your barrel and some cleaning fluid, just to give you the option of popping them out, quick clean and put them back in. If you are putting fresh lenses in just before the festival they shouldn't be too dry in the mornings, that tends to happen when they are older later in the month for me.

As is standard, I'd also ensure you take your glasses just in case.

Omg my favourite topic....

Done extended wear for almost all my festivals, especially now my usual lenses can be used in this way. In Glasto 15 I had some trouble with hayfever and they were really annoying at 4am in Block 9! I second the poster who said put fresh ones in before you go (they degrade over time and don't let as much oxygen through) and take your solutions.

That said, this year I've got some dailies to take because if they do irritate me, I really don't want to be popping the same pair in and out all the time.