How much liquid are you taking?

hermano

7 hours ago, LondonTom said:

So far:

2 5L Kegs of Kopperberg

1L of Vodka infused with Strawberries and my seasonal Rhubarb.

1L of Vodka infused with Blue Raspberry Bons Bons

75cl of Apple Pie infused Bourbon

I normally aim for around 30 cans for myself, (6ish a day)

where did you get the Koppaberg kegs from ? haven't seen any yet 

Edited by crazyfool1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

You could get them from Tesco but, they are showing as sold out on their website now.

With the prices I saw them at, they worked out slightly more expensive per litre than the cans.

54 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Do any of the shops on site sell large tonic bottles or should I bring it in from home?

You'll struggle. Of course lemonade is a very reasonable alternative for myself, as I have the palate of a true ignoramus and am very lazy.

Luckily get mine free from work so I probably go a bit overboard...

24 cans of Lager

4 x 70cl Rum

3 x 70cl Vodka

I buy really cheap coke/lemonade and pre-mix my drinks at home so they're ready to drink when I get there. Weighs a bloody tonne on my back but always thankful for it when I get there.

A bit easier this year as I have 2 friends driving separately on the Thursday so I can give some stuff to them in return for setting their tent up on the Wednesday.

Edited by DareToDibble

Last year I took 48 cans of prosecco, a litre of Jack Daniels and around half a litre of sloe gin and the same of rum. 

This year I shall be taking similar amounts I think, although I may go for something else rather than the sloe gin, and I have a bottle of Jura in the stash already.

15 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

15 hours ago, Alvarhanso said:

You could get them from Tesco but, they are showing as sold out on their website now.

With the prices I saw them at, they worked out slightly more expensive per litre than the cans.

Aye Tesco, its more the novelty factor /ease of use in the car parks I liked than price! (plus i got a free speaker with them shapped like a Koppaberg can!). They sold out super quick last year, so not surprised this year, was no different.  I went to tesco for them on the day they got announced!

Apparently Morrison's are now doing Mixed Fruit Kegs..

On 11/06/2017 at 9:54 AM, 6t6o6m said:

Can 2L bottles of water be purchased at the fest? If so, I won't purchase any or just the one bottle.

There are taps on site.

I'm just off on the booze run now. Hopefully Tesco will have all I want and I can get in and out without being distracted into buying yummy but unnecessary, space taking, weight adding extras.

24 cans of Guinness Original (selling them off in Sainsbury's last week for 50p per can!) - nothing else.

We've taken bottled water in the past but it weighs too much given you can get it for free on site. Will take couple of empty 2 & 5 litre bottles and kids have metal bottles to refill. Plus some of those tiny squeezy squash things.

Today I have bought:

18 x 440ml cans of Stella

12 x 440 cans of Old Speckled Hen

70cl of Bacardi Oakheart 

Still to buy some mixer for the rum and considering a bottle of Jager and energy drinks, probably Monster, to share as I have some of these plastic glasses:

61MqScaY0VL._SL1379_.jpg

So, my previously mentioned trip to Tosco (sic) on the booze run went:

1 x ltr Courvoisier V.S. (£9 off)

.7 x ltr Tosco Armagnac.

.75 x ltr good Tosco Port.

1 x 3 ltr Wyld Wood boxed zoider.

(Edit: 1 x Finest white of some description (devoured whilst posting this).

That's pretty much along the lines of what I went there for. I didn't get too distracted. Well. I say that. I stood there for way too long like a weirdo staring at the brandy options.

And staring at mineral water in plastic bottles. I still have nothing to decant these glass bottled liquids into.

But I also got distracted by some traditionally yummy but unnecessary space taking, weight adding extras:

A pack of 6 x 380ml of Orange Lucozade

A 10 x 200ml pack of Capri Sun

All told that's about 9kg of liquid by my (admittedly drunk right now) calculations.

Plus a six pack of Wotsits and similar for a new flavour of Mini Cheddars 

I can do without taking the nice for the waking up in the tent, sugary breakfast juice extras stuff right? That's about 4kg right there. Can you get those liquids on site for the same(ish) price? I used to bring a massive bottle of Coca Cola (TM) as a mixer but no more. You can get that on site.

I might just test the Courvoisier (or however it's spelt) right now. Just to be sure.