How much liquid are you taking?

hermano

10 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

I've not bought on site before and am having same problem as travelling via coach. Where can I buy stuff from and how much roughly does it cost in on-site shops?

There isn't any on site shops for crates of beer/cider or bottles of spirits etc

i think there's a shuttle bus to the town though for a supermarket

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Ah jesus thats a nightmare

Might be better off just stacking a camping rucksack with as much drink as you can carry on your back and then carry your clothes and tent separately. That's what I used to do when getting the coach.

32 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Might be better off just stacking a camping rucksack with as much drink as you can carry on your back and then carry your clothes and tent separately. That's what I used to do when getting the coach.

That's actually a genius idea. Never thought to carry awkward heavy stuff on my back and and carry my light clothes in another to carry. Totally rethinking my packing strategy now 

coaching it so limited to: 70cl each of home infused walnut/caramel vodka, cherry/vanilla rum, st clements gin

we've got a rucksack each for the 2 of us, so 1 will be stuffed with both our clothes, the other loaded up with as many cans as we can carry, which is at the mo - 6 x 330ml blood orange wheat beer, 6 thatchers, 8 various 330ml craft beers. 

cans will probably last until friday

13 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

That's actually a genius idea. Never thought to carry awkward heavy stuff on my back and and carry my light clothes in another to carry. Totally rethinking my packing strategy now 

If you have a proper camping rucksack with the straps on the front you'll be surprised at how much you can carry on your back. Just make sure the support is right on the front as well as the back and you'll be able to take much more than you thought :D

22 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

That is the strangest booze selection for a festival I've seen!

I think shots are perfect for festivals, gets you hammered, nice for sharing (I take lots of plastic shot glasses/limes/salt) also reduces trips to the long drops as you aren't actually drinking that much. 

Charm x

http://25rp2c9.jpg

7 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Think I may be overpacking booze this year looking at you lot. (between 2 of us)

20 cans lager = 8.8l

16 cans ale= 7.04l

20 cans cider = 8.8l

2 boxes red wine = 4.5l

5.75l coke/lemonade

1l vodka

70cl spiced rum

1l Pimms

3l infused vodka/gin

1l Kahlua

41.6 litres in total.

Sure some of it will get passed round the group. 

This is similar quantities to what we bring lol

Basically I have 2 big cooler bags and fill them to the brim.... I actually freeze my Capri Sun's, smoothies and water to cool the booze down, but as you can imagine the bags are very heavy!!! We have trolleys though so not too bad

For 2 of us

- 40+ cans of lager or beer

- 1l Jack Daniels 

- Box of Rose wine 

- half bottle of rum

- 20 Capri Sun 

- 12 smoothies

- how ever many bottles of water fit in bag

- 6 Mini bottles of coke

- maybe some amaretto 

2 hours ago, MadScientist said:

I've not bought on site before and am having same problem as travelling via coach. Where can I buy stuff from and how much roughly does it cost in on-site shops?

The drinks onsite vary in price depending on what you want but there is an unbelievable variety.

There's bars and cocktails bars everywhere tbh 

500ml Whisky

500ml Foxes Dark Vodka

500ml Foxes Fruits Vodka

500ml Pear Drop Vodka

3L Red Wine

1L Port

So that's 6L going with me, plus a few premixed cans for the journey down.

Oh, and a couple of dozen cans of real ale are meeting me down there, so another 12L or so. Call it 20L in total, for me and to share of course :)

9 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

What possessed Carlsberg to bring out a cider. Sommersby has the nastiest aftertaste I've ever experienced. Most bars that serve Carlsberg on tap tend to have Sommersby as their only draught cider choice. 

We discovered Somersby in Budapest and it tastes completely different to here, it's much nicer abroad!