How much liquid are you taking?

hermano

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once used an Ikea bag to drag a crate of 20 ciders over dry ground from blue car parks, down the hill of death and across to Hawkwell.  It was a rescue situation rather than a plan.  I put the crate on top of the bag so it had double thickness under it and tied a scarf through the handles so I could pull it behind me over my shoulder.  The bag was shredded, even the cardboard cider box was almost worn through but only one can ruptured en route.  We left those cans a day or so to settle down and I don't remember any incidents.  It's a decent method, probably even better in the wet.  Which it won't be this year.

I never take cans, seems like such a waste of energy!! Especially traveling by coach

I usually take a couple of litres of cheap rum and whiskey, plus some lemonade. I then but the rest of my mixers on site if I need any.

Edited by fowls

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

70cl Tanqueray gin
1L Captain Morgan spiced gold rum
1L Captain Morgan white rum
1L vodka (not bought yet, probably Absolut)
4x330ml tins of Brewdog Elvis Juice
10x330ml tins of assorted Beavertown beers
20x330ml tins of Rekordelig
loads of mixer tins of tonic, ginger beer, coke

Should do for two of us, might add in 70cl of tequila as well tho.

A great range B)

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I once used an Ikea bag to drag a crate of 20 ciders over dry ground from blue car parks, down the hill of death and across to Hawkwell.  It was a rescue situation rather than a plan.  I put the crate on top of the bag so it had double thickness under it and tied a scarf through the handles so I could pull it behind me over my shoulder.  The bag was shredded, even the cardboard cider box was almost worn through but only one can ruptured en route.  We left those cans a day or so to settle down and I don't remember any incidents.  It's a decent method, probably even better in the wet.  Which it won't be this year.

Hurray! It does work, I knew it would!

3 hours ago, ian the worm said:

2nd year dry.

Taking 3 types of coffee making gadgets and possibly some pineapple juice.

Wow, you're amazing Ian the worm.  One day I hope to have evolved to that state.

I've a long way to go, typing this from a pub.

34 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

16 x 500ml cans of some lager (TBD)

8 x 330ml cans of Elvis Juice IPA (for mornings)

700ml Aperol

700ml Gin

700ml Vodka

700ml Southern Comfort

1L tonic water

2L Coke

= 16.4L

Good shout on the Aperol, hadn't even thought to bring that and it will be a nice option if the weather is good. Are you just going to add tonic water or drink it with something else? Would be difficult to bring proseco but I guess you could buy some from a bar.

So far I've got about 18 various 330ml craft beer tins I've picked up over the last few weeks, plus 24 Holsten Pils

70cl SoCo

70cl vodka

1x wine box (will maybe buy another)

In the past I've brought about 4/5 crates of beer on top of spirits/wine and in fairness have got through them but just can't be bothered with carrying so much this year. Bimble Inn it is!

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Good shout on the Aperol, hadn't even thought to bring that and it will be a nice option if the weather is good. Are you just going to add tonic water or drink it with something else? Would be difficult to bring proseco but I guess you could buy some from a bar.

There's a prosecco bar near west holts/leftfield I think, pricey though. 

Hardly anything as we're going by coach for the first time.

A few cans of cider, bottle of caramel flavoured vodka, bottle of gin and some red wine between mine and the wife's bag.

Everything else will be bought on site as I've saved quite a bit of money to compensate the fact that we're on coach 

46 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

16 x 500ml cans of some lager (TBD)

8 x 330ml cans of Elvis Juice IPA (for mornings)

700ml Aperol

700ml Gin

700ml Vodka

700ml Southern Comfort

1L tonic water

2L Coke

= 16.4L

Good shout on the aperol- might pick some up myself 

6 minutes ago, swede said:

Hardly anything as we're going by coach for the first time.

A few cans of cider, bottle of caramel flavoured vodka, bottle of gin and some red wine between mine and the wife's bag.

Everything else will be bought on site as I've saved quite a bit of money to compensate the fact that we're on coach 

I've not bought on site before and am having same problem as travelling via coach. Where can I buy stuff from and how much roughly does it cost in on-site shops?