How much liquid are you taking?

hermano

Just now, Charm said:

I know ikea bags are pretty strong but I don't think it will like being dragged across the farm, fingers crossed your plan doesn't end in disaster. 

Charm x

I'll have to drag it from coach drop-off/PGA to Darble, so I hope it will last the journey. Wont need it on the way back, so I can throw it away if it's damaged

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, hermano said:

I'll have to drag it from coach drop-off/PGA to Darble, so I hope it will last the journey. Wont need it on the way back, so I can throw it away if it's damaged

Take a spare, just in case. 

Charm x

Just now, Woffy said:

Don't let us influence you, but you can buy bottled water all over the festival. 

It's the size of bottle, and don't want to be overly ripped off. I will drink over 2L of water in a day and don't want to be visiting a tap often. Any advice is taken on board.

On the coach so current thinking is 2 boxes of red wine and buy cider from the bars while there. Getting better at packing less now though and a super hero is taking in my tent so may be able to squeeze in a few cans too.

1 minute ago, Charm said:

Take a spare, just in case. 

Charm x

I feel like I'm being a real curmudgeon in here atm but I'll give an IKEA bag being dragged along the ground, metal trackways and stony paths about 10 minutes before the arse falls out of it. 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

On the coach so current thinking is 2 boxes of red wine and buy cider from the bars while there. Getting better at packing less now though and a super hero is taking in my tent so may be able to squeeze in a few cans too.

Red wine, Gnomy. Nice. Is your smoking jacket and cravat packed?

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I feel like I'm being a real curmudgeon in here atm but I'll give an IKEA bag being dragged along the ground, metal trackways and stony paths about 10 minutes before the arse falls out of it. 

I would say even less, the metal tracks will finish it off pretty quickly.  

Charm x

Edited by Charm

I think we will be taking a bit less this year, sloe gin or spiced rum 1liter, with bitter lemon, (but might be able to get lemonade onsite) and maybe 8 stubby cans of IPA. Usually have a box of red too. 

6 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Red wine, Gnomy. Nice. Is your smoking jacket and cravat packed?

Indeed. Perfect drink for the scorching weather we're going to have, tastes better warm. 

Of course, my camping chair is quite heavy...

2840b13cf16f7bb99e2e064d35357ce8.jpg

3 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

Pro tip. To save space in your designated drivers car, drink as much of your alcohol as possible just before you leave to make your way down to the farm, this will free up previous boot space for more alcohol.

great tip ... apart from I'm driving !!

Not sure yet, need to settle on some beer but I know depressingly it will probably end up as a slab of fosters/carling. Spirt wise we've still got a shit load in plastic bottles from last year. It was a bit weird but somehow due to the weather we didn't drink as much so ended up with loads left. The year before in 2015 we took the same amount and ran out with about 2 days to go.

I was just going to bring loads of gin and slimline tonic this year. However, on reflection I realized that I'd need to be bringing an  unholy amount of tonic, which would really weigh me down on the journey from the car to the camp site. So, I have come up with a cunning plan. I am going to buy a single  bottle of vodka, gin, tequila, rum, and triple sec, and mix them all together in plastic bottles. I will also be bringing some sour mix and Coca Cola, which I will mix in to the mixed spirit bottles as needed while on site. Yes, I'm going for gold on the Long Island Iced Tea front. A drink that you really can appreciate early morning, noon and night time. 

Re: bringing bottled water. Completely unneccesary extra weight. There is mains water standpipes all over the site. Bring an empty bottle and fill up as you walk round.

Re: ikea bags. Never survive. Very few things survive being dragged at Glastonbury. Plus it will be an absolute ball ache dragging it around no matter how light. Ikea bags are very strong for taking ikea products from the shop to the boot of your car. 

1 minute ago, hermano said:

I'll put the heavy things in my big backpack, and clothes and sleeping bags in the IKEA bag. I think it will be ok

I'm also finding it difficult to accept your IKEA bag idea as a good one, even if it's only got light stuff in it. Essentially the bag is made of strong, but thin, plastic, and you are going to have a long journey dragging it to your camp site. Mind you, you might feel that it gets easier as you walk along ie. as the newly created hole at the bottom of your bag shits out your belongings.