Primavera 2018

Runnerups

43 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Turnover just announced a one off London gig the week before Primavera, must be very likely to play here too.

Probably puts them right in line to play Slam Dunk, which is two days later. Following that, they're going on tour with Jimmy Eat World in Scandanavia.

The timing of Primavera falls somewhere in between. 

18 minutes ago, duckula said:

Hope he is.

Though he's playing BBK and the general assumption is that there's no sharing between the Spanish festivals (I don't know how much I buy this assumption, we already have the gorillaz on both bbk and sonar, so we can still hope) 

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Though he's playing BBK and the general assumption is that there's no sharing between the Spanish festivals (I don't know how much I buy this assumption, we already have the gorillaz on both bbk and sonar, so we can still hope) 

I think they tend to avoid sharing headliners but undercard acts (which Byrne is at BBK and would be at Primavera) are probably fair game 

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think they tend to avoid sharing headliners but undercard acts (which Byrne is at BBK and would be at Primavera) are probably fair game 

Sounds reasonable, though last year's lineups had no sharing among PS, BBK and mad cool.

But I sure hope so, there are some nice acts on both BBK and mad cool I'd love to see 

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

Sounds reasonable, though last year's lineups had no sharing among PS, BBK and mad cool.

But I sure hope so, there are some nice acts on both BBK and mad cool I'd love to see 

alt-J and Tame Impala co-headlined a day in PS 2015 AND 2016 respectively, and were shared with BBK. alt-J didn't headline BBK, but Tame Impala did. It's very reasonable to expect Byrne, as he wasn't announced as an exclusive like The xx and Noel Gallagher.

Best Kept Secret (the week after Primavera): The National, LCD Soundsystem, Chvrches, Deerhunter, Father John Misty, Four Tet, Future Islands, Rodriguez, Spoon, The Internet, Ty Segall, Tyler, The Creator, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vince Staples, … And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Aldous Harding, Alex Cameron, Khruangbin, Naaz, Preoccupations, Rex Orange County, Rostam, Shanti Celeste, Superorganism, The Comet Is Coming and Waxahatchee

32 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Well 10 people will know this weekend.

If they give each one a 'fake name' in order to see who then subsequently leaked it (a pointless exercise as no means of sanctioning that person), then if two people compare lists, they will see which names were fake and thus have the accurate lineup.

You will be very disappointed, nothing will leak until January.

Many people will post made-up "rumoured" Line-Ups, though.

• Downvote 1

Best Kept Secret (8.-10. June)

The National, LCD Soundsystem
CHVRCHES, Deerhunter, Father John Misty, Four Tet, Future Islands, RodriguezMusic, Spoon, The Internet, Ty Segall & The Freedom Band, Tyler the Creator, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vince Staples, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Aldous Harding, Alex Cameron, Khruangbin, Naaz, Preoccupations, Rex Orange County, Rostam, Shanti Celeste, Superorganism, The Comet is Coming en Waxahatchee

A lot of (pretty good) Primavera stuff...

Rodriguez for Auditorium and Trail Of Dead for sunday-sala-apolo-outrage please.

Edited by slowdive