Primavera 2018

Runnerups

6 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Yeah, didn't like them either at first listen.

I really liked her previous albums, so a bit disappointed at these singles. Hope the rest are better

I've finally worked it out. It's the production that is unbearably bad.

The melodies are alright but the production is like something from a tacky chart hit. And the rapping, please God no...

On 4/18/2018 at 8:35 AM, xxialac said:

Father John Misty has two new songs. Bit underwhelmed by them at first listen, feels like re-treading too much old territory, but might be growers.

Regardless, he's a spellbinding performer.

I've changed my mind. Although they're obviously McCartney-influenced, they're fantastically sung as ever and very well crafted.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

I'll be arriving in Barcelona on Monday and probably try to catch the show for The Men that evening. I'm guessing it'll be possible to pickup wristbands for the fest that evening? Also, any recommendations for good bars/restaurants near the fest?

Also, does Sunday usually have anything worth sticking around for shows? I was possibly doing a day trip to Montserrat Sunday, but if there's enough going on I might switch it to another day. Thanks in advance!

You won't need your wristband for that show, your ticket will do.

There's more going on, on the Sunday than the Tuesday or Wednesday. 

4 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

how did the Unexpected thing work last year then? How man acts/what times? I went in 2016 but missed last year so am very intrigued. 

I think it was just Arcade Fire, Mogwai and Haim last year. The first two were on early evening, about 7/8 and Haim were on pretty late on the Saturday night. I wasn't aware of the Arcade Fire one until I was on site but I think it was announced an hour or two before it happened, Mogwai and Haim seemed to be pretty well known, I certainly knew about them before going to the festival each day but I'm not sure when they were officially confirmed. 

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think it was just Arcade Fire, Mogwai and Haim last year. The first two were on early evening, about 7/8 and Haim were on pretty late on the Saturday night. I wasn't aware of the Arcade Fire one until I was on site but I think it was announced an hour or two before it happened, Mogwai and Haim seemed to be pretty well known, I certainly knew about them before going to the festival each day but I'm not sure when they were officially confirmed. 

okay thanks. How were they announced, social media?

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yes and on the App. Arcade Fire was ridiculously short notice.

cool thanks man, I'll be sure to download the app. We're expecting set-times in the next week or two yeah? I seem to remember Pitchfork tend to announce who's playing their stage first

Edited by rhg_99

20 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

I have no idea if he's free but Beck seems an obvious one, maybe Phoenix too.

Phoenix at Vida I think, Beck seems to have been ruled out by Gabi (some kind of falling out).

Maybe Jungle Brothers though who have been suggested on here a few times are still on for this - appear to be free and tie in with the old school hip hoppers theme mentioned by Gabi.

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Both ruled out I'm afraid.

St. Vincent was ruled out because her show in Vida less than a month later near Barcelona.

Now, while this is a valid reason not to put her on the bill in the first place, I think adding her as unexpected will not hurt Vida- most tickets will be sold by then, and good reviews can help sell more.

It also works out for dates- she has nothing for about a week before APE on the third.

Might be wishful thinking, but I think it can happen

6 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

St. Vincent was ruled out because her show in Vida less than a month later near Barcelona.

Now, while this is a valid reason not to put her on the bill in the first place, I think adding her as unexpected will not hurt Vida- most tickets will be sold by then, and good reviews can help sell more.

It also works out for dates- she has nothing for about a week before APE on the third.

Might be wishful thinking, but I think it can happen

I hear your logic. The trouble is there's no precedent to make it think it could happen. And it still feels potentially damaging to Vida and less of a great booking for Primavera with her playing the same site very shortly afterwards.