Primavera 2018

Runnerups

On 3/27/2018 at 4:52 PM, MatheauWillis said:

Picked up Iceage tickets for their Glasgow show in September and noticed when looking at their touring schedule that there's a suspicious gap from May 27th - June 5th. New album is out in May as well. I haven't seen anyone mention them for a secret set in here but I think they would be an incredible addition.

They are playing the Apolo in October 2018, booked by Primavera Sound.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:56 PM, kingcrawler said:

Primavera Bits seems a lot bigger this year, some surprising names in here

I went through the numbers, and it seems that we have 102 announced acts meant to play inside the Forum: 36 on the Thursday (including Auditori acts), 33 on the Friday and 33 on the Saturday. That's on par with 2017 (33-31-33 acts per day, playing the big six stages inside the Forum).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Orens said:

They are playing the Apolo in October 2018, booked by Primavera Sound.

I went through the numbers, and it seems that we have 102 announced acts meant to play inside the Forum: 36 on the Thursday (including Auditori acts), 33 on the Friday and 33 on the Saturday. That's on par with 2017 (33-31-33 acts per day, playing the big six stages inside the Forum).

Good number crunching but as we have an extra stage and extra capacity, that number needs to rise accordingly.

1 hour ago, timeforheroes said:

Never heard of these men. Any good? Seems like one who fit Primavera well.

Great band, active in the late nineties. Pioneers of angular post rock, they had a cult following. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_of_44

I will go to see them in Catania for the Uzeda's 30th anniversary / two-days festival. They would be a nice add to PS

14 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

Anyone familiar with Watain? Picture of thr guitarist doing a Nazi salute on Twitter. They say it was ironic?  Dont know much about them but naturally guy instinct to call bullshit on irony fascism. 

As far as I know they really hate far right and neo Nazis. More than Christians and other religious people :D Cause people associate those believes with black metal and they're arguing that they aren't similar in any way 

Edited by Nicklord

16 hours ago, xxialac said:

TImetable in a month!

Festival end of next month!!

No bands have decided to cancel yet (touches lucky charm repeatedly...)!!!

ps probably get the list of bands playing the Pitchfork Stage in the next week or so

Except Jóhann Johansson's passing, that is. 

• Downvote 1

only know the Irish ones, but they're pretty good IMO. Le Boom (electonic/house/pop) and Fontaines DC (garage rock) would be my 2 favourite.

Music From Ireland is the Irish Music Export office run by First Music Contact in partnership with Culture Ireland. Music From Ireland funds and delivers the Irish showcases at leading international music events such as ESNS, SXSW, The Great Escape, Primavera Pro, A2IM Indie Week NYC, Reeperbahn, Mondo NYC, Ireland Week and M for Montreal.

Showcases:

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

only know the Irish ones, but they're pretty good IMO. Le Boom (electonic/house/pop) and Fontaines DC (garage rock) would be my 2 favourite.

Music From Ireland is the Irish Music Export office run by First Music Contact in partnership with Culture Ireland. Music From Ireland funds and delivers the Irish showcases at leading international music events such as ESNS, SXSW, The Great Escape, Primavera Pro, A2IM Indie Week NYC, Reeperbahn, Mondo NYC, Ireland Week and M for Montreal.

Showcases:

Great, thanks.

Hello…needing a bit of a helping hand with an accommodation disaster! 
Some friends and I are going to Primavera Sound again this year. However…I’ve made a bit of an epic error which means I have booked and paid for an apartment which I don’t need. 

Just before the line-up announcement I booked a cancellable apartment on Booking.com. I did it to be sure that various friends who were thinking about coming or not yet able to confirm would have accommodation secured before the nearby places are sold out.  As it’s turned out, only a few folks are actually heading over and those of us doing so are coming and going on different days...so no need for the apartment!

Unfortunately, when I tried to cancel the apartment booking it turned out that it wasn’t cancellable and the entire cost had been withdrawn from my account.   I’m still not exactly sure how this happened as I’d specifically been looking at cancellable apartments.  There have been emails, and more emails, and occasional sweary words.  All the same - whether it was my fault or not - the bottom line is that I have an apartment which I don’t need, which is fully paid for and which I can't get a refund for. Total disaster. Booking.com are basically an intermediary so cannot refund me and the apartment company are being numpties about providing a refund, despite knowing it would rent again instantly due to the festival.  All a bit stressful.  

Here's the good bit - it's a great apartment! 4 stops by Metro (Bogatell, L4) from Parc del Forum and 2 miles away so walkable for the early morning finishes before the metro. The beach is 10 mins away, Ciutadella Park is 10 mins away and there are loads of supermarkets etc nearby. It's modern, sleeps 5 (1 double which is 2 singles together, 2 bunks and a sofabed. It's really well equipped, has a nice balcony and is in a great part of town. In short it's a cracking place for a group coming to the festival or anyone wanting to chill in Barcelona for a few days.

Check out Lonely Chimney Apartments if you want a closer look!

I've paid €673 for the place for Thursday to Sunday and am now very keen to find someone to take it on. Definitely nit expecting the same money back. There is a further €40 cleaning fee to be paid on check in, plus €2.48 per person tourist tax. There's not really anything left of this quality near the festival site at that price over Thursday to Sunday so it's a good deal!

I really need help to shift this apartment.  If anyone is interested please drop me a line.  If you know of anyone going to Primavera or thinking about it, it’s a perfect place.

On 06/04/2018 at 12:16 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

Showcases:

Can't believe I've never heard of Fontaines DC before, they sound fun. I'm familiar with most of the others from going to Electric Picnic in recent years, I'm a big fan of Paddy Hanna.

• Upvote 1