Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Monday and Tuesday are only open to ticket holders.

Wednesday events in town are alos only open to ticket holders, unlike the shows in the Forum which are free for all except spiritualized.

With most of the people being there on a free and lots of people not showing up til Wednesday I’d say you’ll get in to spiritualized if you want to go. Imagine they will do reservations via the Portal in the days leading up to the show.

This is interesting if you translate it http://www.europapress.es/turismo/destino-espana/costa-brava/noticia-primavera-sound-barcelona-supera-millon-euros-beneficios-reparte-dividendos- 20180227182942.html 

Also, following some ropey translations on the forum Saturday is sold out but generally weekend tickets not going as well as expected?

26 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

This is interesting if you translate it http://www.europapress.es/turismo/destino-espana/costa-brava/noticia-primavera-sound-barcelona-supera-millon-euros-beneficios-reparte-dividendos- 20180227182942.html 

Also, following some ropey translations on the forum Saturday is sold out but generally weekend tickets not going as well as expected?

I see that article as a strong positive. Clearly the festival is in good financial health, which means they don't have to cut costs when it comes to entertaining us and booking bands.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I see that article as a strong positive. Clearly the festival is in good financial health, which means they don't have to cut costs when it comes to entertaining us and booking bands.

Yeah I was encouraged by the article. Not sure if the forum is pure speculation. People there seem unhappy with Migos and ASAP Rocky so possible axe to grind.

Also there is irritation over those promo videos of people seeing the line up. 

Was easily shrugged off to me. Gimmicky like but just revving up interest. The crying was a bit over the top but who knows could legit have been Jane Birkin or Spiritualized for some personal reason.

Suppose the ticket sales thing we'll only know nearer the time. 

If the festival doesn't sell out, I suspect it will be down to an increase in capacity and it it doesn't sell out, it will be close enough for it to not be a problem.

If there's one negative in all this, it's the attempt to increase numbers by 10%. The site doesn't need any more people.

42 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

Just had a look for upcoming releases. Not loads actually, but a few.

April 6th

Hinds

Ross From Friends EP

Tom Misch

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

April 13th

Confidence Man

May 4th

DJ Koze

Jon Hopkins

May 11th

Beach House

May 25th

Chvrches

There are also talks about new albums from Lykke li, A$ap rocky and of course Arctic Monkeys. Nothing concrete yet

Aye Misty seems the release form nowhere type.

If interviews are to be believed AM haven't finished it, but could be chatter. They play north America before primavera, so be interesting to see how many new'uns are played.

The releases per week start to thin out May 25th, so could be some added but I reckon that list will have 95% of upcoming primavera on, chance of 1 max 2 extra is my guess.

I don't see black rebel being added. They don't seem to fit with type wh9 have done it (potential headliners,  strong history with the festival,  very relevant pitchfork-y) . Would be a decent add though.

I've not heard new UMO I don't ever bother with leaks anymore. Pretty much all my listening comes through paid streaming services or vinyl

Edited by timeforheroes

Any word if there is gonna be additional in-festival access to Primavera Bits. Was last there in 2016 and that footbridge was already inadequate to deal with the crowds at peak times. Considering they have shifted some genuine Ray Ban acts over, it could get messy.

Worried that this 'bigger' festival will be more watered down and probably a lot harder to skip between stages to follow a tightly packed schedule. I'm already getting cold sweats over the inevitable Thursday clashes. What are we talking? End to end through the crowd with that one distracted mate who has a puppy-like disregard for the task at hand  - 25/30min? Maybe more.

In saying that, floating in the sea, Spritz in hand, listening to Daphni and Four Tet is  going to be uuuuufffffffff!

almost all of them will be their only sets.

Four Tet is doing a live show as per the poster (as well as being part of "Four Tet presents" on the poster), so that will be elsewhere, and Orpheu the Wizard is listed again outside the "Dekmantel presents", so should be doing his own show too.

I'd imagine Jon Hopkins will just be doing that one at Bacardi Live.

That Thursday Bacardi line up is great. If that was any other day I don't think I'd move but its competing with Nick Cave, Fever Ray and Nils Frahm.

Was it a tent or open air last time? Looks open air on the map. 

I was hoping James Holden and Madlib were going to be in the main arena to make nipping over easier but Will have to see how the times fall. 

As someone above said some big popular names there that bridge doesn't look sufficient for the traffic. 

Is this a sign times might be around the corner? *hopeful face*

The Bacardi stage has such big acts on it and some non-dance names like Superorganism. Can only assume that it will be bigger than last year...

An interesting point still not being addressed - pretty sure Gabi had said they are moving the day gigs from the city/CCCB to the Forum.  So this suggests that many people will arrive at the Forum in the early afternoon for the indie route or the dance route.

ps set times in March??? They won't be ready even be in April...

Edited by xxialac

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

The Bacardi stage has such big acts on it and some non-dance names like Superorganism. Can only assume that it will be bigger than last year...

An interesting point still not being addressed - pretty sure Gabi had said they are moving the day gigs from the city/CCCB to the Forum.  So this suggests that many people will arrive at the Forum in the early afternoon for the indie route or the dance route.

ps set times in March??? They won't be ready even be in April...

Actually something doesn’t make sense.

If the new Xiringuito stage by the beach has 6 hours of music on it where are the afternoon indie gigs going to be? Thought that space was earmarked for them.

The Bacardi stage seems like the only logical space for these perhaps?