Primavera 2018

Runnerups

What were all the unexpected acts last year?

Mogwai on the live dance music stage, Local Natives in some VIP stage, Haim gobbling up DJ Coco's set and Arcade Fire playing on that specially built stage, was that all of them?

I'm unsure about anything being announced for Unexpected that's not similar to last year. Haim we're the weird one for me (Mogwai could be a shoe in for any Primavera announcement), not sure what they'll have up their sleeve. Maybe Last Shadow Puppets again?

In regard to BITS, I'm hoping they announce Hercules & Love Affair live (playing APE, though I think they're far too big to play that little live stage). I imagine most of the electronic artists on the poster will play there anyway, with maybe a few additions. I think the smaller names on the poster at the bottom of each day (Four Tet presents/ Floating Points/ Dekmantel) will play the BITs stage on the really early slot (12pm - 6pm or around those times) to get people inside the venue early and utilise the beach area, similar to last year.

On 20.2.2018 at 9:48 PM, xxialac said:

Outlandish Primavera 2018 theory: 

Could Paul McCartney be added?

This theory has already been mentioned somewhere on page 31 of this thread. :P

Regarding the phone-announcements of the secret gigs: I agree with you that it's annoying to do it this way. Besides, I kept having problems with the app/my phone like the connection was down occasionally (so I didn't get notifications in the first place) and I'd also lost my starred artists three times in total, so I had to uninstall the app several times. So yeah, would be happy for an alternative way of notification.

Hi all,

I am currently undertaking a Masters in Business Strategic Management and in order to complete this qualification, I am writing a dissertation with the title of:

The collection and use of data in music industry marketing for the European audience: a comparative study between the UK and Germany.

In order to assist me with this, I am hoping you are able to spend a couple of minutes completing the questionnaire below and would be really grateful for your time and opinion in order to help me with my studies.

I must stress that your participation in these groups and your contributions will remain entirely anonymous and the data I collect will be only used for the purposes of my dissertation.

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards
Paul

36 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

Getting headaches looking at the Thursday bill. No exaggeration 20 people I'd wanna see.

Yeah, Thursday's impossible.

I assume the morodor will have Chvrches, TWOD, Nick Cave, Bjork and Vince Staples, probably in that order. FourTet will probably do around 3AM, like Flying Lotus last year, and then you still have Fever Ray, Unknown Mortal Orcestra, Sparks, Rostam, Nils Frahm, Madlib, Mount kimbie and Alex G.  

14 acts I'd like to see, and still a few more names there I still need to check out. Amazing day

Edited by JedTheHumanoid

2 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Yeah, Thursday's impossible.

I assume the morodor will have Chvrches, TWOD, Nick Cave, Bjork and Vince Staples, probably in that order. FourTet will probably do around 3AM, like Flying Lotus last year, and then you still have Fever Ray, Unknown Mortal Orcestra, Sparks, Rostam, Nils Frahm, Madlib, Mount kimbie and Alex G.  

14 acts I'd like to see, and still a few more names there I still need to check out. Amazing day

Also Ezra Furman, James Holden, Hinds, Here Lies Man...

30 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Does anyone ever have a crack at updating the Clashfinder like Glastonbury in the run up? I'm too impatient to start planning and like the function of clicking/highlighting the acts I want to see in a visual planner.

they're good for releasing times. Usual in April but can be early or late.

Near impossible to predict before then because poster is no indication of time slot or stage bar the big ones will be over in mordor but beyond that is pure guess.

• Like 1

Just now, timeforheroes said:

they're good for releasing times. Usual in April but can be early or late.

Near impossible to predict before then because poster is no indication of time slot or stage bar the big ones will be over in mordor but beyond that is pure guess.

Agree. A clashfinder would be utterly pointless as too much guesswork. 

I focus on narrowing each day down to Must See and Would Be Nice To See lists.

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

So who have we got on the unexpectedprimavera list in the end?

I would say base on their apparent availability:

- Rodriguez (or could be Hidden)

-Spoon

-Nicolas Jaar

Not been for a few years, how does unexpected and hidden work? I assumed from the patter they were one and the same.

Exciting for Fri and Sat, massively daunting anyone else might play Thursday!

Unexpected - Last year about 3 or 4 new bands including Mogwai and Haim played unexpected plus Arcade Fire played a second show plus a few bands played intimate shows.

Hidden - every year about 6 bands get added to the bill a couple of weeks before. Play quite a small ticketed stage.

25 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Unexpected - Last year about 3 or 4 new bands including Mogwai and Haim played unexpected plus Arcade Fire played a second show plus a few bands played intimate shows.

Hidden - every year about 6 bands get added to the bill a couple of weeks before. Play quite a small ticketed stage.

I really wanted to see The Radio Dept. on hidden last year. But couldn't seem to get a ticket. 

Just how small is that stage? Haha