Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Outlandish Primavera 2018 theory: 

Could Paul McCartney be added?

- They implied Unexpected would be much bigger this year. Hard to be bigger than that and would be a great stunt to pull off.

- There were beatles on the background design of the posters

- He's releasing a new record this year. Might prefer to launch it in front of a big crowd but outside the UK. Couldn't announce him yet as needs to tie in with the wider announcement.

- The video had 'The End'? on it - a classic Beatles track composed by, yes, Paul McCartney.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Outlandish Primavera 2018 theory: 

Could Paul McCartney be added?

- They implied Unexpected would be much bigger this year. Hard to be bigger than that and would be a great stunt to pull off.

- There were beatles on the background design of the posters

- He's releasing a new record this year. Might prefer to launch it in front of a big crowd but outside the UK. Couldn't announce him yet as needs to tie in with the wider announcement.

- The video had 'The End'? on it - a classic Beatles track composed by, yes, Paul McCartney.

no.

• Upvote 3

Last year I vaguely remember Haim basically being confirmed on the day of their set through lyrics being posted on Primavera's social media (I think?) and then the stage they played on had a gap in the schedule to confirm that some unknown act would be playing.

Was there a similar announcement for Arcade Fire? Or did they literally just turn up and start playing with no warning? I can't remember seeing anything online about it at the time (However I wasn't following the forums). I completely missed their secret set and want to ensure the same thing doesn't happen again this year.

1 minute ago, MatheauWillis said:

Last year I vaguely remember Haim basically being confirmed on the day of their set through lyrics being posted on Primavera's social media (I think?) and then the stage they played on had a gap in the schedule to confirm that some unknown act would be playing.

Was there a similar announcement for Arcade Fire? Or did they literally just turn up and start playing with no warning? I can't remember seeing anything online about it at the time (However I wasn't following the forums). I completely missed their secret set and want to ensure the same thing doesn't happen again this year.

IIRC, there was an alert on the app regarding Everything Now. Similarly to Haim's Something To Tell You clue.

Think the app will be vital this year to see the unexpected events. However, it should be even more telling in the stage splits, where and when they will probably take place.

2 hours ago, chemica said:

IRC, there was an alert on the app regarding Everything Now. Similarly to Haim's Something To Tell You clue.

It wasn't exactly the same.

Arcade fire's clue was published just a few minutes before the start of the show, without any explanation like what it means or where will the show be, while Haim was published in the morning, along with the time and stage of the show (they didnt say Haim, but the clue gave it up)

1 hour ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

It wasn't exactly the same.

Arcade fire's clue was published just a few minutes before the start of the show, without any explanation like what it means or where will the show be, while Haim was published in the morning, along with the time and stage of the show (they didnt say Haim, but the clue gave it up)

Sadly the best way to know about the secret gigs is to check your phone. Not great. I'm on holiday. I'm at a festival. I want to get away from checking my phone all the time. It would be better if they put up posters the night before.

I'd be surprised if they pull off a similar big stunt to the surprise Arcade Fire show with its own stage. Instead I think they will have some more big hitters playing the unexpected slots relative to last year.

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Sadly the best way to know about the secret gigs is to check your phone. Not great. I'm on holiday. I'm at a festival. I want to get away from checking my phone all the time. It would be better if they put up posters the night before.

I'd be surprised if they pull off a similar big stunt to the surprise Arcade Fire show with its own stage. Instead I think they will have some more big hitters playing the unexpected slots relative to last year.

Is there another way to do this? Could they distribute a small pager/watch, when you collect your festival wristband, which could notify you with the alerts. 
It keeps away the necessity to be constantly checking your phone, therefore saving battery for when you may actually want to use it, and for the majority of the festival, keeping it tucked away in your pocket so you can just relax and enjoy yourself, knowing that you wont miss anything.

Alternatively, do you believe that this would lead to everybody getting the alerts at once and everyone would gravitate there with intrigue.

Work with me here, people.

Just now, chemica said:

Is there another way to do this? Could they distribute a small pager/watch, when you collect your festival wristband, which could notify you with the alerts. 
It keeps away the necessity to be constantly checking your phone, therefore saving battery for when you may actually want to use it, and for the majority of the festival, keeping it tucked away in your pocket so you can just relax and enjoy yourself, knowing that you wont miss anything.

Alternatively, do you believe that this would lead to everybody getting the alerts at once and everyone would gravitate there with intrigue.

Work with me here, people.

They should hire a plane with a banner attached to it and fly it over Barcelona on the Afternoon prior to each set imo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1