Primavera 2018

Runnerups

3 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Who is in the running for the Thursday Auditori do we think?  At a scan I came up with

Johann Johansson 

Sparks

Art Ensemble of Chicago

Anna von Hausswolff?

Few names I've never heard too so they might be suitable too.

The other three work, but I'm more inclined to see Sparks in that early-evening slot on Ray-Ban.

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Changed my mind and now agree they will likely be on Primavera or Rayban. Hard to say which.

Happy with either, they're too much fun to lock up in an auditorium, especially now it's a distance from the site.

Regardless, I'll probably see them again in Utrecht a week later.

34 minutes ago, daveje said:

Happy with either, they're too much fun to lock up in an auditorium, especially now it's a distance from the site.

Regardless, I'll probably see them again in Utrecht a week later.

The auditorium on the Thursday is the usual on-site one (which is closed the other two days)

Hello team, 

First post on efestivals & first time at a festival outside of the UK, exciting times.

I've read a fair bit online (including this very forum) and I can't quite wrap my head around how the Wednesday of the festival works. It seems to differ year on year, no? I have a few questions anyways 

• Where do we think Spiritualized will be playing?
  • Will there be horrible queues/delays? I see that the Wednesday is open to all the public not just ticket holders so I'm a little concerned)
  • Will we be able to see both Spiritualized and Belle & Sebastian? P.S What a start to a festival, love both of these and it's really one hell of an early bird

I know I'm worrying about these things about 3 and a half months too early but sadly that's the way my brain works and I won't stop worrying til I've got it all sussed lmao. 

Sidenote: How's everyone's experiences been with buying certain "goods" inside the festival? Yet another thing I'm worried about as all online advice is leading me to believe Las Ramblas is not a remotely safe/sensible option for buying bits and bobs.

9 hours ago, Clakus said:

Hello team, 

First post on efestivals & first time at a festival outside of the UK, exciting times.

I've read a fair bit online (including this very forum) and I can't quite wrap my head around how the Wednesday of the festival works. It seems to differ year on year, no? I have a few questions anyways 

• Will there be horrible queues/delays? I see that the Wednesday is open to all the public not just ticket holders so I'm a little concerned)
  • Will we be able to see both Spiritualized and Belle & Sebastian? P.S What a start to a festival, love both of these and it's really one hell of an early bird

I know I'm worrying about these things about 3 and a half months too early but sadly that's the way my brain works and I won't stop worrying til I've got it all sussed lmao. 

Sidenote: How's everyone's experiences been with buying certain "goods" inside the festival? Yet another thing I'm worried about as all online advice is leading me to believe Las Ramblas is not a remotely safe/sensible option for buying bits and bobs.

1. Inside the Forum, right where the festival is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_Building 
2. The last four year the crowd have been okey, not any big queues. Will maybe be some queues for Spiritualized, but looks like they are playing pretty early (18/19h). 
3. Seems so. Spiritualized is playing early (18/19h) and Belle & Sebastian will close the outdoor stage (22/23h) (source: Gabi). But just wait for the timetable and we will know for sure.

10 hours ago, Clakus said:

Hello team, 

yeah - get your pass and wristband on the Wednesday - takes five minutes - then watch the grief on the faces of people queuing to get in on Thursday as you waltz past them. haha

• Like 1

Just now, dunx747 said:

yeah - get your pass and wristband on the Wednesday - takes five minutes - then watch the grief on the faces of people queuing to get in on Thursday as you waltz past them. haha

Or go to the Forum early on the Thursday - pick up the pass in a minute - and then come back later and skip the queue.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Clakus said:

Drugs are bad, m'kay

• Upvote 1

Sidenote: How's everyone's experiences been with buying certain "goods" inside the festival? Yet another thing I'm worried about as all online advice is leading me to believe Las Ramblas is not a remotely safe/sensible option for buying bits and bobs.

---

Yeah, each to their own but this is not the right forum to open up a discussion about drugs. Also you mention that you are 'worried' several times in your message - maybe there's a link between the two?

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, strackoftracknfield said:

How will Public Service Broadcasting manage to play both APE and PS on the same day?

Festivals in the UK usually finish sooner than in Spain so I guess they'll play London early and then Barcelona late night. 

yes, they've already said they're playing Primavera late into the night, so are presumably playing London around 3pm, then getting a flight to Barcelona in the evening/night, and playing at around 3am at Primavera...

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

yes, they've already said they're playing Primavera late into the night, so are presumably playing London around 3pm, then getting a flight to Barcelona in the evening/night, and playing at around 3am at Primavera...

Or 4am, they could close the festival's Pitchfork/Adidas stages.

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, each to their own but this is not the right forum to open up a discussion about drugs. Also you mention that you are 'worried' several times in your message - maybe there's a link between the two?

Perhaps you're right, I know that not everyone partakes in such things but for a lot of people they are very much a part of festivals. I was attempting to talk in a round-about way rather than obnoxiously asking "where can I get x, what are the prices for y", simply wondering if anyone could chip in with advice + their past experiences (as I said) in an attempt to partake in a responsible + safe way. Apologies if  this is the wrong place but I don't appreciate the sarky comment about being "worried"; not that it's your business but I only get involved in such things a few times a year and I'm only worried because I my festival experience to go as smoothly and enjoyable as possible!

5 hours ago, Martin_89 said:

1. Inside the Forum, right where the festival is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_Building 
2. The last four year the crowd have been okey, not any big queues. Will maybe be some queues for Spiritualized, but looks like they are playing pretty early (18/19h). 
3. Seems so. Spiritualized is playing early (18/19h) and Belle & Sebastian will close the outdoor stage (22/23h) (source: Gabi). But just wait for the timetable and we will know for sure.

Fantastic! Thanks for the response, this clears everything up and is music to my ears. Have been listening to Spiritualized's most recent album in preparation and have been pleasantly surprised at how exciting they're sounding these days.

5 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Drugs are bad, m'kay

Sorry Peter! 
Sidenote: am I being silly to be surprised not to see Pete & The Puta Madres not on the undercard for European festivals this year? Would have been the absolute icing on the cake for me personally.

• Upvote 4

On 07/02/2018 at 7:47 AM, daveje said:

Worry about the Thursday queue, not the Wednesday one. On Wednesday it takes about five minutes to exchange your ticket and get in. And the number of people on the Wednesday is a small fraction of the other days.

How long a queue should I expect on Thursday at 5pm approximately? That's when I arrive in BCN, I can't go before unfortunately =(