Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 hour ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Bois I'm having fucking nightmares about saturday clashes...

I guess it could be something like Deerhunter/Slowdive with Arctic Monkeys and Lorde. Beach House with Asap Rocky? Grizzly Bear with Jane Birkin/Lykke Li?

Maybe one of them will do a secret set on a previous day like Arcade Fire last year. 

2 hours ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Bois I'm having fucking nightmares about saturday clashes...

I guess it could be something like Deerhunter/Slowdive with Arctic Monkeys and Lorde. Beach House with Asap Rocky? Grizzly Bear with Jane Birkin/Lykke Li?

Yeah this is pretty much what I’m expecting too. I think Jane Birkin, Lykki Li/Grizzly Bear, Lorde, Arctic Monkeys, ASAP Rockly for the main stages seems pretty certain, then the same clashes as you’ve said.

As far as I understand Spiritualized will play in the Auditori on Wednesday evening. 

At last years Øya festival Spiritualized played with Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra and Traces gospel choir. I was in front row. It was great! It should not be missed at Primavera. The setlist at that show: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/spiritualized/2017/toyenparken-oslo-norway-13e50585.html 

I recommend VIP tickets as it will easily get you in front row of a lot of shows with minimal effort, even though I know many (including myself) do not like the idea of the very existence of these tickets. I have to say that on Primavera these tickets give a lot of added value. Though I guess everybody would be better off if they did not exist.

spiritualized.jpg

spiritualized2.jpg

Edited by puckno

10 hours ago, username666 said:

Maybe Deerhunter - look at their tour dates.

IMG_3314.PNG

Deerhunter have played three times before and I can definitely see them doing.a second set. Bradford Cox is a fan of the festival and I’ve seen him walking around checking things out.

I can see them doing a special set on the opening day at 5ish to kick the festival off. Or filling in for when a big band cancels.

• Like 1

Deerhunter have played 8 times at 5 different editions. The played more than one show in both 2013 and 2016, and as xxialac pointed out even 3 times at the 2013 edition, so there is absolutely a fair chance they will play more than one show. I would love to see Deerhunter doing a full club set rather than the typical 50-60 minute festival slot, the 2016 Forum concert felt way too short! 
2016 June 5 @ CCCB 
2016 June 4 @ Forum
2013 May 26 @ Sala Apolo
2013 May 25 @ Forum
2013 May 23 @ Forum
2011 May 27 @ Forum
2009 May 30 @ Forum
2008 June 1 @ Forum

Edited by puckno

27 minutes ago, puckno said:

Deerhunter have played 8 times at 5 different editions. The played more than one show in both 2013 and 2016, and as xxialac pointed out even 3 times at the 2013 edition, so there is absolutely a fair chance they will play more than one show. I would love to see Deerhunter doing a full club set rather than the typical 50-60 minute festival slot, the 2016 Forum concert felt way too short! 
2016 June 5 @ CCCB 
2016 June 4 @ Forum
2013 May 26 @ Sala Apolo
2013 May 25 @ Forum
2013 May 23 @ Forum
2011 May 27 @ Forum
2009 May 30 @ Forum
2008 June 1 @ Forum

Damn, good knowledge. They were amazing in 2011 on the main stage, hopefully they’ll have a new album coming out and a longer slot (maybe with Bradford playing in a dress again!)

5 hours ago, puckno said:

As far as I understand Spiritualized will play in the Auditori on Wednesday evening. 

At last years Øya festival Spiritualized played with Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra and Traces gospel choir. I was in front row. It was great! It should not be missed at Primavera. The setlist at that show: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/spiritualized/2017/toyenparken-oslo-norway-13e50585.html 

Much appreciated, thank you! They have been a band I’ve been wanting to see for 5+ years at least and being able to see them with the orchestra and choir was a huge selling point for making the trip this year. 

I much prefer GA in most cases, but with it only being a $200 difference and it being my first trip to an international fest it seems like the way to go to minimize show conflicts. 

1 hour ago, puckno said:

2016 June 5 @ CCCB 
2016 June 4 @ Forum
2013 May 26 @ Sala Apolo
2013 May 25 @ Forum
2013 May 23 @ Forum
2011 May 27 @ Forum
2009 May 30 @ Forum
2008 June 1 @ Forum

I saw all of these except for 2008 and 2009. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If they prioritise people into the auditori by those with VIP tickets it might be the only way in without a big queue and risk of disappointment

It does seem strange for Spiritualized to be playing in a limited capacity venue. I wonder if we will need a reservation ticket? Lots of people will be pisssed off anyway. (I go VIP every year so for selfish reasons, I'm hoping for the usual separate VIP queue). 

36 minutes ago, username666 said:

It does seem strange for Spiritualized to be playing in a limited capacity venue. I wonder if we will need a reservation ticket? Lots of people will be pisssed off anyway. (I go VIP every year so for selfish reasons, I'm hoping for the usual separate VIP queue). 

I guess because it's on a Wednesday lots of people won't be there (I won't) and members of the public that normally constitute half the crowd aren't allowed entry.

I'd guess they go for the 2euro reservation ticket bought in advance (probably via the portal), which if it works should mean everyone can get in who wants to and has the benefit of reducing queues.

I saw Spiritualized play LAGWAFIS just over a year ago with a choir and strings/brass and it was pretty transcendent.

16 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah this is pretty much what I’m expecting too. I think Jane Birkin, Lykki Li/Grizzly Bear, Lorde, Arctic Monkeys, ASAP Rockly for the main stages seems pretty certain, then the same clashes as you’ve said.

Without the auditorium Jane Birkin is gonna play on the main for sure and then I think it's easiest to fit Grizzly Bear into Ray Ban/Primavera (like Broken Social Scene or Teenage Fanclub last year)  than Lykke Li so they probably clashing. The clashes between AM-Slowdive and ASAP-Beach House seem pretty clear now, that's the reason why I think that also clashing Lorde with Grizzly Bear would be a little extreme. 

19 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

I don't think that is going to be that difficult to access to the Spiritualized concert, the auditorium has a really big capacity and most people will arrive to the festival on thursday. 

And they will most likely clash with some gig on the Primavera stage. I hope they'll let Spiritualized perform pretty early to leave room for Wolf Parade and maybe Belle & Sebastian afterwards.

This talk of VIP has concerned me. On the last page it mentioned about getting easy access to the front for shows. Does Primavera hold a similar style event to British Summertime where you have to pay extra to go to the front where there's a massive barrier that prevents GA ticket holders going anywhere near the front? or is it just purely easier access?

The atmosphere at British Summertime based on this was truly awful. Hope it's not the same here (will be my first year)

19 minutes ago, D-Low said:

This talk of VIP has concerned me. On the last page it mentioned about getting easy access to the front for shows. Does Primavera hold a similar style event to British Summertime where you have to pay extra to go to the front where there's a massive barrier that prevents GA ticket holders going anywhere near the front? or is it just purely easier access?

The atmosphere at British Summertime based on this was truly awful. Hope it's not the same here (will be my first year)

Half the space for VIP, half for GA.

Only for the two main stages which don’t have that many gigs on them compared to the total.

If you were totally committed you’d still be able to get near the front.

But yeah on the whole I don’t think gig apartheid is a good thing and it didn’t use to be like this at Primavera a few years back.

24 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Nah, they only rope off part of the front of the main stages for VIP.  Everyone else can get right to the front if they go to the other side of the stage.  They don't rope off part of any of the other stages; just the two main ones in "Mordor". 

VIPs have a separate queue for the Auditori and Sala Apolo as well. 

Edited by username666
typo

Looks like Four Tet has leaked the Field Day lineup (or the day he's playing at least). I wonder if any of these (that aren't already playing) will be added to PS (Hidden Stage, Backstage Parties, Unexpected)?

https://twitter.com/FourTet/status/960181839896989696?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^3

IMG_3322.PNG

Edited by username666

18 minutes ago, username666 said:

Nah, they only rope off part of the front of the main stages for VIP.  Everyone else can get right to the front if they go to the other side of the stage.  They don't rope off part of any of the other stages; just the two main ones in "Mordor". 

VIPs have a separate queue for the Auditori and Sala Apolo as well. 

Shame to see them roping off a front section. Hopefully it will still allow us pretty close. I know there's so much more to see on the other stages but there's a few bands on the line up I'd presume would be playing the main stages so bit of a bummer to learn we'll be sectioned off.