Primavera 2018

Runnerups

10 hours ago, nicknickmm said:

Hey, is there somewhere on site where we could leave a suitcase? Seems like there isn't but wanted to check. Looking at going straight to the airport for a Sunday morning flight.

Thanks

I've never seen anything like that. Maybe better to keep it at a station or hotel on the way to the airport.

4 minutes ago, chemica said:

The majority of acts (Thurs-Sat)are all in Parc Del Forum, over several stages. It's a very good festival site. Spacious, well laid out and actually very pretty too. The use of the Auditori was an external indoor arena in use, just by the Parc - but this seems to have been reduced this year  

however the Tuesday and wednesday before and the following Sunday, the festival hold events in smaller venues in and around the city  

Perfect, thanks for clearing that up. Sounds great, hopefully will be attending this year!

My two pence worth on the Migos booking - whilst they aren't the most groundbreaking live act. They will take the same slot as Skepta last year - who equally brought a back tracking and some poorly timed ad-libs. (Don't get me wrong, I actually like both artists on record but skepta's performance last year was poor.) It suited the time of night and the change of pace. I will probably go and see Migos again, but that's the beauty of music and opinion. Don't like it? Go and watch the rest of the stages which will have umpteen great artists. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

Have they indicated how the programme on the Wednesday is comprised? Really want to see Belle & Seb and Wolf Parade, Spiritualized too but accept that’s probably unlikely. My flight lands at 4pm, I assume things don’t kick off in the Forum until much later, or will there be city gigs too.

I've arrived at about that time, checked in and been able to get to the forum for the main acts in the past. The progamme starts about five but these are ususally Spanish acts with the International ones starting around 7 or 8.

Not sure when the Spirtualized gig will be, that may overlap with B&S and Wolf Parade. 

Glad to read that the lack of auditorium on fri and sat is due to a fuck by the Auditori and that next year it will be business as usual (the town hall had a word)

Speaking of fuck ups, he doesn't hold the leak against Idles, their CM (communications manager?) made a mistake, "these things happen".

Edited by Hip Priest

20 minutes ago, Declan said:

I've arrived at about that time, checked in and been able to get to the forum for the main acts in the past. The progamme starts about five but these are ususally Spanish acts with the International ones starting around 7 or 8.

Not sure when the Spirtualized gig will be, that may overlap with B&S and Wolf Parade. 

Last year they were doing a ticketing system for Jarvis Cocker's DJ set on the Wednesday, and you had to get to the festival site quite early to get a (free) ticket before returning a little later for the set. Maybe it'll be the same for Spiritualized, because I think that could be a bit crazy getting in for.

I'm totally amazed by this year's line up. I'm listening to acts that I didn't know and the quality is really, really great.
I was a little disappointed after the first glimpse at the poster, because there are less guitars and more electronic than usual (and too much hip hop/rap than I'd need), but now I see so much quality over all.
Great female voices, great atmospheres...I know that I will have a very good time at the Forum.
The Night Pro stage last year was absolutely fantastic. Small bands from Chile and Korea that were just beautiful. So I have great expectations for this year. Can't wait!

51 minutes ago, xxialac said:

All Points East are about to announce their undercard.

I think for the first time in as long as I can remember, we might have a challenger to Primavera, lineup wise.

(but not in other respects - one of the festival days has a curfew of 10.30pm - god we Brits are pathetic sometimes)

2 hours ago, MickeyJJ said:

Have they indicated how the programme on the Wednesday is comprised? Really want to see Belle & Seb and Wolf Parade, Spiritualized too but accept that’s probably unlikely. My flight lands at 4pm, I assume things don’t kick off in the Forum until much later, or will there be city gigs too.

Be fine with that

I land at 9.10pm, absolutely screwed. Gutted

1 hour ago, Albinoss said:

They do, every year. It's at the entrance, I don't remember the cost tho

I see that there's a cloackroom inside but seems like we can't get in with a small suitcase. This is from 2 years ago though. 

I guess I'll have to keep digging! Left luggage at a train station could be an option as would a left luggage company near Arc de Triumpf but a bit of a way from the festival! 

17 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Oh so the Stranger Things shows aren't happening at the Forum. How strange, I'd have thought one of them would be, but neither are.

"...on the Friday and Saturday the concerts will move to the Auditori de Barcelona (c/ Lepant, 150). This venue, only a few minutes away from the Parc del Fòrum by public transport, will host two identical concerts consecutively by Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein from S U R V I V E performing the sus soundtrack from the series Stranger Things. These concerts will held be before the festival doors open in the Parc del Fòrum, and access will be through the usual channels."

https://www.primaverasound.com/noticiaSingle?id=1587

Does anyone know why Primavera can't use the Auditori at the Forum on Friday and Saturday?

Edited by frankburns

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

(but not in other respects - one of the festival days has a curfew of 10.30pm - god we Brits are pathetic sometimes)

It's the problem with having a festival in London I guess - just not possible to find somewhere so isolated that there won't be any noise complaints from residents.

The Forum in Barca is great because it doesn't have that problem, and so events go on there all night all throughout the summer.

1 hour ago, nicknickmm said:

I guess I'll have to keep digging! Left luggage at a train station could be an option as would a left luggage company near Arc de Triumpf but a bit of a way from the festival! 

Some airlines offer early check-in where you can check your luggage the evening before. Should be on their website somewhere. But of course you'd have to trek out to the airport and back...