Primavera 2018

Runnerups

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

As ever, it's the smallprint that will make it great.

Can anyone in the know recommend some of the acts in the smallest font? Particularly if they're good live...

I've not seen them live but I'm a fan of Jay Som, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Anna Von Hausswolff. Also Here Lies Man sound like they'll be great to see. 

Edited by addicted2noise

To be honest, I am not sure about the line up right now, because i don't have clear opinion for at least 30% of the lineup.

When i start the digging I'm sure that i ll be pretty happy with the new material.

My big complain has to do with the Auditori, which is one of the 2 factors that make this festival really special (the other one is the location). Great venue and acoustics, i had many of my primavera highlights there. I'd prefer them  to expand the use of it. No Auditori for Friday and Saturday is bad news for me.

Can't wait to dig deeper into this lineup. So much i haven't heard to much on. 

Can recommend these band from the undercard:
OMNI - cool and chill indie rock that will be perfect for when the sun is still up.
Jay Som - bedroom singer/songwriter that really blow my mind last year with her debut album.
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - another cool rock act in the undercard.
Kedr Livanskiy - like the old Grimes? This is the act for you!
Lindstrøm - one of the many disco kings from Norway. Love Todd Terje? Check him out!

2 hours ago, alansdeepbath said:

I'm going through the spotify playlist and writing notes about each band. Did it last year but didn't finish because once the timings came out, there was someone I wanted to see who I already knew at most times. That definitely won't be the case this year because I'm totally unfamiliar with the music of 90% of the undercard. I can share my notes when I'm finished if anyone is interested, but they are the notes of the philistine who wrote this article

thanks. was this posted by someone official?

I see that while most of the songs were added to it last night, there were several added in 2017, with the furthest back being May 2017, when The National, Artctic Monkeys, Shellac and Deerhunter were added.

the playlist says "confirmed artists" on the description, and is updated intermittently, so it seems likely that they were all fully booked up back in May 2017....

48 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

thanks. was this posted by someone official?

I see that while most of the songs were added to it last night, there were several added in 2017, with the furthest back being May 2017, when The National, Artctic Monkeys, Shellac and Deerhunter were added.

the playlist says "confirmed artists" on the description, and is updated intermittently, so it seems likely that they were all fully booked up back in May 2017....

It isn't official. Until this morning it was about three times the size, and contained everyone rumoured etc. Then the dude who put it together went through and trimmed it down to just those actually playing so some of them would have been put on when rumours started, hence the length of time they've been on the list. They do often do an official one closer to the time, at least, they have the last few years.

Edited by alansdeepbath
  • Upvote 1

The Thursday is better than i could have possibly hoped. James Holden, Four Tet, Bjork, Floating Points, Mount Kimbie and daphni are just a few must sees for me.

obviously  after months of speculation it’s easy to feel bands have been missed out but I personally think this is fantastic. Especially for the €150 early bird I paid paid!

It's a shame they missed the chance to book

- Anderson Paak

- The The

- SZA

- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

- Spoon

- Beck

- Kendrick

- Brian Ferry 

- Phoenix

- St Vincent

- MBV

Plus loads more I've forgotten. A lot of these were around and would have enhanced the lineup.

Maybe 1 or 2 of the above for Unexpected?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's a shame they missed the chance to book

- Anderson Paak

- The The

- SZA

- Yeah Yeah Yeahs

- Spoon

- Beck

- Kendrick

- Brian Ferry 

- Phoenix

- St Vincent

- MBV

Plus loads more I've forgotten. A lot of these were around and would have enhanced the lineup.

Maybe 1 or 2 of the above for Unexpected?

SZA, Andersoon Paak and Kendrick are all in the US, and MBV still haven't announced anything concrete in the way of a comeback. Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Beck would have fitted well, but oh well, can't have everything

13 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

SZA, Andersoon Paak and Kendrick are all in the US, and MBV still haven't announced anything concrete in the way of a comeback. Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Beck would have fitted well, but oh well, can't have everything

I think Spoon, Phoenix and Rodriguez are quite likely 'surprises' still to come.

If they're smart they'll be holding a big name back also for when someone big invariably cancels.

22 minutes ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

Who's everyones recommendations to check out from this lineup? Am very much considering going partly cos I love Barcelona so much as a city, but there's quite a few names i don't recognise on the poster

Here is a compilation of some helpful recommendations from others on the forum:

"Jay Som, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Anna Von Hausswolff. Also Here Lies Man sound like they'll be great to see. 

Jay Som - bedroom singer/songwriter that really blow my mind last year with her debut album

Montero's new album is out next week, would recommend him if you like The Flaming Lips. He's real good live as well.

Sandy Alex G is fantastic live.

Nick Hakim, Yellow Days, Superorganism and Rex Orange County are all must sees

Check out the Oblivians - wild garage punk from the mid-90s that put out records on In the Red/Crypt record label. Always killer live.

I'd recommend Confidence Man, Yellow Days, Rex Orange County, Tom Misch, Superorganism, Yonaka and Ross from Friends."

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Here is a compilation of some helpful recommendations from others on the forum:

"Jay Som, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Anna Von Hausswolff. Also Here Lies Man sound like they'll be great to see. 

Jay Som - bedroom singer/songwriter that really blow my mind last year with her debut album

Montero's new album is out next week, would recommend him if you like The Flaming Lips. He's real good live as well.

Sandy Alex G is fantastic live.

Nick Hakim, Yellow Days, Superorganism and Rex Orange County are all must sees

Check out the Oblivians - wild garage punk from the mid-90s that put out records on In the Red/Crypt record label. Always killer live.

I'd recommend Confidence Man, Yellow Days, Rex Orange County, Tom Misch, Superorganism, Yonaka and Ross from Friends."

Thank you! Will check all these out