Primavera 2018

Runnerups

All bands I like are playing UK within +/- 3 months (Mogwai, Belle & Sebastian, Slowdive) or during Primavera week (Bjork, Nick Cave, Breeders, National). There is even a bit more here (Superchunk, Patti Smith, Cat Power, Broken Social Scene, Spoon, and Field Day still not announced). So really no point of going, I'm just hoping Sea and Cake will play here without conflict.

2 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

All bands I like are playing UK within +/- 3 months (Mogwai, Belle & Sebastian, Slowdive) or during Primavera week (Bjork, Nick Cave, Breeders, National). There is even a bit more here (Superchunk, Patti Smith, Cat Power, Broken Social Scene, Spoon, and Field Day still not announced). So really no point of going, I'm just hoping Sea and Cake will play here without conflict.

how i would like these three to be in the line up

1 minute ago, Friend Chicken said:

So technically I'm still "undecided" though inching closer and closer to just going for it.

Ok, understandable with such a long trip there. I'm from Germany, so Barcelona is much easier for us to reach. But seriously, this city in itself is amazing, so make sure, if you end up going, to add a few days before/after the festival if possible: Great bands, a lovely seaside festival area, relaxed atmosphere, and sightseeing in one of the world's most amazing cities! Believe me, you won't regret it. I'm just listening to some of the bands from the line-up I don't know (well) and I've already discovered a handful of new favourites. :D So you could say, Primavera is educational, too. Win win situations all around!

1 minute ago, Friend Chicken said:

Yeah I've been to Barcelona once before, it's a really cool city and the venue seems much more interesting than Mad Cool's. 

So I heard that there is a DJ stage by the beach during the day or something - is that something we can expect again this year?

Yes, there's electronic music by the beach. Quite a distance to walk, but totally worth it. One of the artists I've just discovered and listening to is Ross from Friends (weird name - just had to give it a go) and I expect him to play a beach set - definitely be going there!

So I've been refreshing this forum for 3 days straight, leave it for a couple of hours and miss the lineup.

Hope everyone likes it. Shocked at how accurate the predictions were.

That Saturday with Slowdive, Beach House, Grizzly Bear AND Arctics is looking pretty tasty, pending clashes. 

Edited by Hannah990

Just two quick notes:

1. Spiritualized are going to play in the Auditori and festival tickets are going to be required

2. No Auditori on Friday and Saturday. They are moving the "Auditori concerts" to another venue. I think it's Barcelona Auditorium in Carrer Lepant 

4 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

Spiritualized are listed at Parc del Fòrum

https://lineup.primaverasound.es/2018_artists?id=156

Here it says they're playing in the Auditori del Fòrum... considering the orchestra, it makes sense...

https://www.primaverasound.es/noticiaSingle?id=1587

Edited by Albert.EA

2 hours ago, Steph U said:

Can't believe how spot on the rumors on this forum were - wow, they're all there! Orens, you can tell us now you're really Gabi! ;)

Oh, thanks! I'm definitely no Gabi, there were a couple of swings and misses but tried to do my best to keep up with all the rumors :ph34r:

Hey there, new here :)

Bought my ticket 2 months ago and waited anxiously for this great lineup. Thanks for all the predictions.

It will be my first Primavera experience. Usually when do they announce the full timetable?

Plus I didn't expect such good things on Wednesday. Had to change my flight and bookings :-)

4 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

Im toying with going now, will flight prices be increased during this time? Or if anyone else has booked flights from uk, how much were yours?

The main problem is that normally that weekend has a monday holiday in uk it was like this past years so a lot of people are just traveling and that makes prices skyrocket. 

I used to live in the uk and one year I failed to book my tickets and I paid like 500$ to go... So yeah book as early as possible.

5 minutes ago, Friend Chicken said:

So how do the Mon-Tues-Sun shows work if you have a standard GA ticket? Do you just stroll in or do you have to line up way in advance? Curious about how the Auditori works in this regard as well  

You have to line up and some venues can fill up fast so you have to be there in advance.

Having the VIP help as I remember there is always some priority of access.

Two years ago there was an extra LCD Soundsystem gig and you had to pre-register online those get normally announced a few days before you have to do it.

historically it was always easy to get in on the pre and post shows in Apolo or other places but last years they had some strong acts that have made it almost impossible to go.

There is a ton of stuff this year on Sunday so I am curious about on what venues they will do it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Albert.EA said:

Just two quick notes:

1. Spiritualized are going to play in the Auditori and festival tickets are going to be required

2. No Auditori on Friday and Saturday. They are moving the "Auditori concerts" to another venue. I think it's Barcelona Auditorium in Carrer Lepant 

That feels like a bit of a downgrade on previous years. 

With the exception of Watain and Dead Cross there is a real lack of metal/ Punk acts that reflect previous years (Descendants, Slayer, Gojira last year, even acts like Pinegrove etc), which is my only disappointment.

Still don’t get the Migos thing, A$AP, Vince Staples, Tyler are a totally different vibe.

Going to have a proper dig today but seems great

What I most miss is some older influential bands beneath the headliners apart from Slowdive... Such as The Replacements, Meat Puppets, Dinosaur Jr, My Bloody Valentine, The Undertones, Sebadoh, Mudhoney, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Descendents, The Pop Group, Gang Of Four, The Vaselines, Television...

And garagerock apart from Ty Segall... Such as Together Pangea, Wavves, Black Lips, Royal Headache, White Fang, Oh Sees, White Reaper, The Parrots, Mourn, Cloud Nothings

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Declan said:

That feels like a bit of a downgrade on previous years. 

I’ve slept on it and although it’s a great line up on the whole I’m disappointed. Half of that is the gaps (like the old rockers, the Brazilian vocalist, the lack of world music, the classic album played in full, the shock return etc)  that make like it feel less diverse than previous years, the rest is based on the continued erosion of primavera’s best stages.

I still mourn the loss of the old ATP and no more auditori is even sadder.

That said still think it walks all over other festivals.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, duckula said:

So no Nils Frahm in the Auditori? That seems like a massive mistake.

Thursday (the day he's playing) the Auditori will still be open, so I assume he's still a safe bet there. It's only the Friday and Saturday that the Auditori will be closed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

He might be in some other auditorium far away from the Forum but I don’t want to have to shuttle between the two during the festival hours and that’s now going to be the case 

Even if it is a great venue the new place it is completely stupid you have to go so far for it it really kills it..