Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 minute ago, DR OK said:

It's unlikely it was idles themselves who leaked it. Their account will have loads of different people who use it eg pr people and the label. Was probably a case of the label trying to schedule a tweet for 5pm tomorrow (or whatever the time was) and getting the date wrong 

There's zero excuse for something like this. Primavera has never had a leak before in its history. If everyone else can manage, why can't they.

Just now, LeFreak said:

Better than I expected, headliners don't interest me too much but was pleasantly surprised to see HAIM and Slowdive on there. Lots of great electronic acts and DJs as well. Still undecided whether to go or not..

How can you be undecided with sooo much quality there in the line-up? ;) I've had to let this sink in for a while right now I'm totally freaking out. I guess I won't get much sleep tonight - too hyped up. What a fantastic undercard!

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

If I were in the organising team I would be furious.

They've invested their lives into this festival, have spent the best part of a year planning and finetuning it, trying in the end to choreograph a final unveiling only for some selfish twat who should know better to leak it.

What if organizers fucked it up and told Idles they can post the lineup and announcement when they post a video?

I mean, I'm reaching here. But who the fuck knows what happened 

7 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

What if organizers fucked it up and told Idles they can post the lineup and announcement when they post a video?

I mean, I'm reaching here. But who the fuck knows what happened 

It was a poster with some mistakes (early draft?) and watermarked with Idles. That's not something you will mistakenly tweet too early, or those PR/management people are even weirder than I can imagine. And the video came shortly afterwards, probably as a reaction from PS. 

At least I won't forget the name Idles for a while and give it a good listen tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Steph U said:

How can you be undecided with sooo much quality there in the line-up? ;) I've had to let this sink in for a while right now I'm totally freaking out. I guess I won't get much sleep tonight - too hyped up. What a fantastic undercard!

I'm from California and already have my tickets but have yet to book flights, accommodations, etc. Been wanting to attend for years. This isn't the 2016 mind-blown lineup I was still kinda holding out for but it's very very solid and even without knowing all the acts I can tell the undercard is very strong. Part of me is like "what if you'll like the 2019 lineup more" but I could play that game forever and never go. 

Mad Cool's still tempting me but I don't think the undercard there is nearly as strong and I've seen all the headliners there already, half in the last year. Plus there's so many unknowns with Mad Cool re: the new venue, increased attendance, logistics, etc. 

So technically I'm still "undecided" though inching closer and closer to just going for it.

30 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I'm not surprised they announced the line up because of the leak, but I'm surprised they were allowed to? Wouldn't Arctic Monkeys want to keep all their announcements to tomorrow? 

Probably but I'm not sure AM can really kick up that much of a fuss when it's only been released a few hours early 

Edited by the wonderwhy