Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Alright we got a line-up. Lots of good things on it too.

Next year I'm gonna try to stay away from the rumours because I can't help but feel a bit disappointed, I know I shouldn't! I'm really surprised that Mad Cool has possibly a better line-up, even from a indy-rock stand point, even though it's supposed to be more mainstream. 

I don't mind Arctic Monkeys being there but I wish they hadn't put them first on the bill (cf video).

8 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Question for a noob who is going to Porto. Does the Porto lineup consist exclusively of bands from Barcelona or are there others. I'm stoked even if there's just a handful of these on there.....would have loved a bit of Aldous Harding though. Party was my fav album of 2017.

Nop. For example last year Porto had Nicolas Jaar, Justice and Cigarettes after Sex, and some portuguese bands that hadnt gone to Barcelona . And Thom Yorke is heavily rumoured to go to Porto

Just now, clement75009 said:

Alright we got a line-up. Lots of good things on it too.

Next year I'm gonna try to stay away from the rumours because I can't help but feel a bit disappointed, I know I shouldn't! I'm really surprised that Mad Cool has possibly a better line-up, even from a indy-rock stand point, even though it's supposed to be more mainstream. 

I don't mind Arctic Monkeys being there but I wish they hadn't put them first on the bill (cf video).

at first i thought i was not very surprised because i've been following the rumours. but honestly, i think it's lacking, in the big letters, some act like Slayer, Van Morrison from last year.

and looking to the leaked line up, saturday headliners (AM, Lorde, Asap Rocky) feels weird to me

Still find it strange it's out on the 28th and not 29th as they said with the teaser video. Or do they refer to a press thing there?

Or earlier because suddenly other festivals 'decided' to announce on the 29th? So far for the complete tour release at once for AM.

EDIT: Yes, what's up with the question mark? Or did previous video have that as well?

Edited by StupidDream

1 minute ago, StupidDream said:

Still find it strange it's out on the 28th and not 29th as they said with the teaser video. Or do they refer to a press thing there?

Or earlier because suddenly other festivals 'decided' to announce on the 29th? So far for the complete tour release at once for AM.

Probably just decided to release it early because it had already leaked

1 minute ago, StupidDream said:

Possibly because the lineup leaked early so they just went ahead and got it out there officially before the leak ruined the announcement entirely. 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Going off the Idles leak: Migos as a headliner at Primavera Sound is wild. I know they're big but a line above A$AP Rocky and even Lorde who are (or at least I though were) even bigger in the pop circles. They're not even headlining Wireless.

And they're backstage arseholes. Silly booking imo.