Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 minute ago, maksym26 said:

A guy on Reddit says that Idles posted this lineup on their Twitter account and then deleted it shorty after. So if that´s true, this may be a real poster.

Aside from 3/4 bands misspeling (Oneothrix Point Never, Palmbomem) this looks actually legit, and even if it´s not, the poster tomoroow will look 50/60% like this one. 

I think the poster will look more like 95% like this one...

2 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

They're not on the website? Is that just knowledge you have or is their site not up to date?

That was last year - they have it on their site and I'd assumed they've already put up 2018 - my bad, apologies. I'm so psyched up about the line up reveal tomorrow I can't think straight anymore, let alone read properly...

Edited by Steph U

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Could either be an internal leak or a leak from Idles.

Every single other fake poster I've seen over the years has been an obvious fake. 

This looks the real thing.

Except the numerous spelling mistakes, doubled-up acts, Public Service Broadcasting playing the same day as a London date (there's probably more things like that) and the style going from 'Dj Set' to 'DJ SET' to 'dj set' (among other inconsistencies)? I agree the acts seem about right but there's too many errors for a poster sent out to bands days before the reveal - Gabi himself said the poster was done about a week ago so it's not gonna be in rough still now.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Except the numerous spelling mistakes, doubled-up acts, Public Service Broadcasting playing the same day as a London date (there's probably more things like that) and the style going from 'Dj Set' to 'DJ SET' to 'dj set'? I agree the acts seem about right but there's too many errors for a poster sent out to bands days before the reveal - Gabi himself said the poster was done about a week ago so it's not gonna be in rough still now.

I'm not suggesting this is the version as of today - rather, this could well be e.g. a draft version Idles were sent a week or two ago. Would barely expect anything to change in that time (and at that time the PSB date hadn't been announced at APE).

Just now, xxialac said:

I'm not suggesting this is the version as of today - rather, this could well be e.g. a draft version Idles were sent a week or two ago. Would barely expect anything to change in that time (and at that time the PSB date hadn't been announced at APE).

So they wouldn't know PSB would be playing Saturday of their festival in London until it was announced by APE? No wonder they had to wait until after TINALS had announced! :P

But yeah I think you're putting way too much faith in this. There have been good lineup 'leaks' before but very few are true as you've pointed out yourself.

Just now, alansdeepbath said:

Na, I am too beyond the headliners but it is an opportunity to get into some new bands/artists, and just have a load of sunny fun stage hopping at a wonderful festival

If you're underwhelmed, remember that between now and the fest you will discover loads of new bands that you previously hadn't heard of that are great to add to the ones you already like.

Happens every year.

The "problem" are the speculations on this forum - when I heard some bands being speculated about for the very first time, I was freaking out. Seeing them on the poster NOW is more like "oh yup, expected that". Well, couldn't help it and stay away from this forum, hehe. But surely, the surprise factor is higher when knowing nothing at all.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

So they wouldn't know PSB would be playing Saturday of their festival in London until it was announced by APE? No wonder they had to wait until after TINALS had announced! :P

But yeah I think you're putting way too much faith in this. There have been good lineup 'leaks' before but very few are true as you've pointed out yourself.

Not quite saying that! More that it was a rough and ready first draft and as with all first drafts, there were a few things that they needed to tidy up. Also bands do end up moving days even after the poster has been put together. Can well imagine there was uncertainty about some bands availability at the time of the first draft. 

5 minutes ago, PaulSt said:

No way Slowdive will play the festival after their already PS-organized show in Barcelona this March, unfortunately

That is an argument that is much more likely to persuade me than the typos.

If the poster is fake, it's so real-looking, I wonder whether it came from Primavera's camp as some kind of decoy?

11 minutes ago, PaulSt said:

No way Slowdive will play the festival after their already PS-organized show in Barcelona this March, unfortunately

They are also putting on one of the Stranger Things shows in April as well?

I'm just looking for reasons why it might be fake though...

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That is an argument that is much more likely to persuade me than the typos.

If the poster is fake, it's so real-looking, I wonder whether it came from Primavera's camp as some kind of decoy?

Gabi's mind games... At least it keeps us busy while we wait. Stil have that Gabi countdown for tonight.

Just now, young_contra said:

Yeah and those stranger things shows are  being booked twice on that fake line up.

That could have something to do with them playing two Auditori shows, like Jeff Mangum and Sufjan. Dunno whether they're that popular though, the TV show definitely is I guess?

3 minutes ago, ZXCVBNM said:

aThey are also putting on one of the Stranger Things shows in April as well?

I'm just looking for reasons why it might be fake though...

And they've also organized a Johann Johansson gig in Auditori ( he'll play this Wednesday ), so he's out too