Primavera 2018

Runnerups

....No chance anyone thinks that Radio X teaser is for an Oasis reunion?

Obviously with the morning glory clip it has given me the fear. (worst nightmare headliner)

Severely doubt it is happening, and if so, that they would be announced for Primavera but what are people's thoughts - but could explain people's reactions etc?

3 minutes ago, DeanSweet said:

Obviously with the morning glory clip it has given me the fear. (worst nightmare headliner)

Severely doubt it is happening, and if so, that they would be announced for Primavera but what are people's thoughts - but could explain people's reactions etc?

Absolutely no chance

3 minutes ago, DeanSweet said:

Not happening. Probably will next year though.

2 minutes ago, DeanSweet said:

Oasis  reunion will not happen when both Gallaghers are headlining Festivals/Gigs in the summer. Not Primavera material, too.

48 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. Writing from Italy. Waiting for Monday as well as everyone, even though this will be my sixth consecutive PS, and the fifth where I have bought the ticket before the line up announcement. Pretty sure I'll be stoked as usual! All the AM discussion is interesting and fun (I don't really care if they are going to play though!). Has anyone any info about The Jesus Lizard instead? Any bassist brother said anything about it? 

it's my 6th in a row aswell ;-)

bought the tickets always before the line-up

which one was your favourite?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Just throwing it out there but is it massively inconceivable that the AM will announce MC, Beni and PS on Monday? 

It doesn't feel right... But everything feels a bit weird this year, so I really don't know what to expect anymore. Beni would be more of a surprise, but what are the alternative festivals for that weekend?

Edit: Besides Lolla Paris.

Edited by StupidDream

Just now, StupidDream said:

It doesn't feel right... But everything feels a bit weird this year, so I really don't know what to expect anymore. Beni would be more of a surprise, but what are the alternative festivals for that weekend?

Playing the US, where they supposedly play Panorama a week later and Lollapalooza two weeks later. 

7 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Just throwing it out there but is it massively inconceivable that the AM will announce MC, Beni and PS on Monday? 

These are my thoughts exactly... it's inconceivable, no way. But with so many festivals announcing on Monday, there's no way that Arctic Monkeys are playing at all of them. It could just be that due to the raft of exclusivity clauses that come with any festival lineup, they are all sharing a number of names (AM being one of them) 

Basically, Arctic Monkeys are announcing on Monday, as are a number of festivals where they will play. But I would fully expect an extra surprise or two as well, although not necessarily headliners.I would still say there's a strong chance they aren't playing PS at all.

Edited by MickeyJJ

1 minute ago, MickeyJJ said:

Also, will Arctics cause that much fuss outside of the UK?

yeah.

but maybe prima rely on the fact that its audience isn't really interested in this. 

it would still have been safer to announce a few days earlier/later.

Edited by neacaisa

9 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

If arctic monkeys are not playing PS why would they announce on the same day only to be drowned out by the return of AM?

We don't know that AM are announcing Monday, people are guessing that with nothing at all to back it up 

9 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

The Radio X announcement, as someone mentioned above, leans towards an official announcement of Arctic Monkeys return, if this is a new album/ single (bloody hell, that's going to be playlisted on every radio station going) and then the festivals will get announced afterwards...

I think they will be playing everywhere, as many festivals as possible, and by the looks of things exclusivity isn't an issue (potentially why Primavera have booked them/ dont have budget restraints). In a similar way The National and Bjork seem to be touring constantly this summer at most major festivals, but just in a higher headlining capacity (the kind of spot The Killers are churning out in the more commercial festivals).

AM have the crossover appeal to cater for the mainstream, and the kudos to play a festival like Primavera. We all know the undercard will be amazing, which is what makes Primavera brilliant, and a stand out compared to the likes of Mad Cool (though they have rinsed their budget on lot's of good names) so no need for any exclusivity, they're just embargoed 'till the 29th.

Gabi admitted in one of the chats somewhere (I believe so anyway) that the one act he regrets missing out on was AM so it all makes sense. With them playing loads of festivals I imagine it would reduce the "pissed up Brits" everyones banging on about to a minimum. I'll just be a pissed up Brit watching someone like King Woman or Deafheaven or some other weird metal band that are playing on the Adidas stage at 4am

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4