Primavera 2018

Runnerups

26 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

Benicassim have confirmed that God awful lineup on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/fibfestival/ 

Who is Travis Scott? I know Benni has always been for first year uni students but still, that's absolute dross. 

That's horrendous. Reading would be proud of that. 

I can't see AM 'co headlining' with anyone, including Jack White

Like them or loathe them, they are one of the biggest draws in the world in terms of bands and have been for a number of years now. Looking at that Mad Cool lineup - if they're going to play there or Primavera, my money would be on Primavera at the moment

32 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

Benicassim have confirmed that God awful lineup on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/fibfestival/ 

Who is Travis Scott? I know Benni has always been for first year uni students but still, that's absolute dross. 

Travis Scott is the bloke that fell down the massive hole whilst performing with Drake on his tour a year or so ago, probably more suited to Primavera than Migo's are to be honest

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Like them or loathe them, they are one of the biggest draws in the world in terms of bands and have been for a number of years now. Looking at that Mad Cool lineup - if they're going to play there or Primavera, my money would be on Primavera at the moment

Mad Cool has one more Friday headliner, it's been confirmed by multiple outlets. Mad Cool is expected to complete the poster by the end of the month.

Something's gotta give.

7 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Like them or loathe them, they are one of the biggest draws in the world in terms of bands and have been for a number of years now. 

Not in Central or Southern Europe. They are nowhere as big there as British people think. Germany is the biggest music market in Europe and on the last tour they played 3k to 6k venues and didn't sell out.

In the Netherlands they will be booked for Best Kept Secret (25k capacity) and not for Pinkpop which needs much bigger headliners than them.

Edited by Createur

Just now, xxialac said:

In my mind, in terms of 'massiveness' Arctic Monkeys are a tier 2 band, Vampire Weekend are about a level 4 band and Travis Scott is a bloke who works in accounts. Obviously I'm out of touch.

They will be the biggest draw of a festival such as Primavera, not just because of the Brits.

6 minutes ago, Createur said:

Not in Central or Southern Europe. They are nowhere as big there as British people think. Germany is the biggest music market in Europe and on the last tour they played 3k to 6k venues and didn't sell out.

In the Netherlands they will be booked for Best Kept Secret (25k capacity) and not for Pinkpop which needs much bigger headliners than them.

They were Pinkpop headliners alongside Metallica and The Stones back in 2014 and they have headlined almost every festival in Europe. They're much bigger than you think and after almost 4 years without touring I believe there's even more hype around them.

Edited by ABertran

8 minutes ago, Createur said:

I saw them headlining Werchter 2014, a Belgian festival with a capacity of 87.5k which was sold out in March-April. The park was stacked.

Prior to the Pinkpop 2014 booking they played at BKS 2013, before AM was released. During the Pinkpop weekend they will headline Firefly festival, which is... not in Europe, but in US.

I'd say they are pretty big.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Orens said:

I saw them headlining Werchter 2014, a Belgian festival with a capacity of 87.5k which was sold out in March-April. The park was stacked.

Prior to the Pinkpop 2014 booking they played at BKS 2013, before AM was released. During the Pinkpop weekend they will headline Firefly festival, which is... not in Europe, but in US.

Course they are, lest we forget every album they've released has gone to number 1 and they've been headlining festivals for over 10 years now. 

I'm not gonna comment on how popular they are across Europe because I honestly don't know but I doubt any festival would pass up the chance to book them to headline, especially off the back of a hiatus 

2 hours ago, alansdeepbath said:

Of course that is a chance, but I doubt it, Adam knows his festivals, he's spent plenty time travelling round them with Monkeys/Milburn. I'm 100% confident they'll play, and will DM anyone further info/proof and stuff if they want it. Aware my screenshot is hardly water-tight.

Hey there... I've slid into your DM's...

11 hours ago, maksym26 said:

This is the funniest Primavera forum ever, I mean everyone knows a guy that knows a guy that knows who´ll play at the festival. I´ll be laughing so loud when the line up will be released and there will be no Arctic Monkeys at all.  

Those people have exactly the same reliability as: "there're some blogs in Portugal saying Arctics will only play mad cool and NOS" and you didn't even provide any link to those blogs hahahahahaha 

14 minutes ago, Orens said:

Yeah even in the US where they were previously not quite as big their last album went top 5 and they drew massive crowds at some of the festivals (although some of their lager gigs there maybe didn't sell as well as expected), I think their new album could go number 1 there 

5 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Yeah even in the US where they were previously not quite as big their last album went top 5 and they drew massive crowds at some of the festivals (although some of their lager gigs there maybe didn't sell as well as expected), I think their new album could go number 1 there 

Have they ever headlined a festival in the US? in 2014 they played second tier slots at Lollapalooza and Firefly. 

This year they're obviously will do at Firefly.