Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 hour ago, buffy394 said:

Hi all,

First time poster, regular lurker.

I just wanted to say that I find these generalizations really unfair. Music is inclusive, non judgmental , and undiscriminating. I am a 23 year old woman, huge Arctics fan, and regular festival goer.

I am equally as excited by rumors of AM and Vampire Weekend, as I am by Deerhunter, Big Thief, Beck and Bjork. It is possible to enjoy a wide spectrum of music without being a 'lad on tour'. I am, like many people, drawn to the idea of PS by a huge headliner such as Arcade Fire, with the combination of impeccably curated line up of smaller artists

There are in fact - rather a lot of people like me. AM headlining is not going to ruin the festival. It is not going to destroy the festivals' reputation. The festival is not going to be burnt down by beer swigging, British lads abroad. 

Anyway - very excited to see what Monday will bring. And feel a YYYs Wednesday gig is not beyond the realms of possibility. 

Hi welcome to the forum.

Firstly I'll apologise if you thought I was generalising every Arctics fan to be the same. As I've said before, I like their music so I know there will be plenty of fans of theirs who enjoy them and the more Primavera style of band and not everyone is a "lad" type. 

I've seen them five times and every time it's been the flare holding, piss throwing type of crowd and I've no doubt they would be up for going to Barcelona to see them as well. Now I don't mean to come across a snob, as I'm working class myself, but I enjoy going to a festival where people are there for the music rather than getting drunk or taking drugs. I'd be disappointed if Primavera started going the same way as Reading et al and I'd rather it stuck to the niche it was providing for, because there's no one else out there who will. 

1 minute ago, Orens said:

Beck has listed the TINALS show for Friday on his website. He hasn't listed the first days of all festivals like other artists (the NorthSide show is accurately located on the festival's final day).

I assume he would have to play 3 consecutive days in order to play PS. I think he's unlikely for now.

I don't think he's ever going to play :(

16 minutes ago, Orens said:

Beck has listed the TINALS show for Friday on his website. He hasn't listed the first days of all festivals like other artists (the NorthSide show is accurately located on the festival's final day).

I assume he would have to play 3 consecutive days in order to play PS. I think he's unlikely for now.

Not to get too far in the weeds, but Jesus and Mary Chain also have TINALS listed for Friday on their site, and FB with other shows in France on Thursday and Saturday. I can't imagine them both playing TINALS the same day. And, while Beck does have TINALS listed for Friday, under the Events column it says June 1-3.

So, I'm not giving up on him yet...

Edited by dilgreene13

12 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

I don't think he's ever going to play :(

He was booked for the 2014 edition but pulled out for no reason a few days before the Line-Up Film release date. They had to edit him out of the (wonderful) film.

Not sure if they would book him again.

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Must be in for a couple of surprises in the top lines then, unless the likes of Grizzly Bear and Father John Misty are counted as headliners. 

Arctic Monkeys, The National, Björk, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Lorde, The War On Drugs, My Bloody Valentine...that's one of the strongest headlines ever.

20 minutes ago, Orens said:

So basically in the past few days we lost Kendrick, Thom Yorke, YYYs, Phoneix seems less likely, and now Beck??? Damn...

1 minute ago, Createur said:

He was booked for the 2014 edition but pulled out for no reason a few days before the Line-Up Film release date. They had to edit him out of the (wonderful) film.

Not sure if they would book him again.

Oh right, I didn't know that. He's the one artist I've been waiting for PS to book every year and probably won't happen now. 

1 minute ago, dilgreene13 said:

Not to get too far in the weeds, but Jesus and Mary Chain also have TINALS listed for Friday on their site, and FB with other shows in France on Thursday and Saturday. I can't imagine them both playing TINALS the same day. And, while Beck does have TINALS listed for Friday, under the Events column it says June 1-3.

So, I'm not giving up on him yet...

Oh shit, I haven't crossed it with other artists. The dates weren't announced so they probably will do it later. My bad.

6 minutes ago, Createur said:

Arctic Monkeys, The National, Björk, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Lorde, The War On Drugs, My Bloody Valentine...that's one of the strongest headlines ever.

I don't think we'll get MBV but I hope I'm wrong. I do agree that those names are strong, was just saying that if Beck, SZA, Thom Yorke etc have been ruled out then there's maybe space for another couple of names in the top lines.

5 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

So basically in the past few days we lost Kendrick, Thom Yorke, YYYs, Phoneix seems less likely, and now Beck??? Damn...

How can you lose something that's never been there to begin with? ;) I bet Gabi is also reading this thread (maybe even commenting with a pseudonym) and laughing his head off about all our crazy speculations. But JedTheHumanoid: you're right - the rate we're going, "losing" artist after artist, we'll end up with no bands at all next Monday. Well, apart from Shellac and DJ Coco.

• Upvote 1

Beck did 4 nights in a row last Summer so the guy has stamina and there was a rumour that he might play Primavera the first day so I'm sticking to that! I doubt he is diva enough that they would blacklist him forever (any anway the blame is more likely to lie with the agent). 

MBV seems less likely based on Gabi's comment.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and have a quick question re Primavera - are the tickets transferable? I'm really tempted to go but I'll only know if I can make it in few months. Will I have any problems reselling the ticket then? (face value, of course)

Edited by red90

13 minutes ago, red90 said:

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and have a quick question re Primavera - are the tickets transferable? I'm really tempted to go but I'll only know if I can make it in few months. Will I have any problems reselling the ticket then? (face value, of course)

No chief, wont have any problems. Primavera run their own website for reselling with maximum mark up of 10%, basically guaranteed to sell it and don't have the hassle of communicating with the buyer. Completely safe as well

• Like 1

The FiB announcement was accidentally published by Nothing But Thieves two days early. Wolf Alice proves that Mad Cool shares act with other festivals this year as well (last year both festivals shared Foals as a sub in Mad Cool, then co-headliner in FiB).

The only act relevant to PS is tUnE-yArDs, which was likely out anyway (touring the US the weekend during the last weekend of May).

DUP4l35WAAA-QN3.jpg:large