Primavera 2018

Runnerups

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Definitely can see Nils playing and in the Auditori - perhaps even ticketed. His new album is now streaming.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/22/578573392/first-listen-nils-frahm-all-melody

Totally agree, Auditori, ticketed and probably 2 times. For me it is sth big.

2 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Kamasi Washington just announces a tour which could make him possible for PS https://www.kamasiwashington.com/tour/

Kamasi is playing Razzmatazz on middle May, so we can rule him out. he was there on 2016, so no reason to return that early

41 minutes ago, duckula said:

I could see Sparks playing the Wednesday opening gig - they'd fit in a Saint Etienne/Suede type slot.

My nan's shagging the bloke from sparks. They're headlining Wednesday and playing auditori same as suede did

Doom been putting out some new stuff crumbs what an undercard that would be

Edited by Chopman
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You must realise how much bigger than Saint Etienne they were/are though?

It's Blitz! is their finest work also.

They are a little bigger than St Etienne and probably more so with the thirty somethings nostalgic for that dull period in the earlier 2000s that are a large part of the Primavera crowd. Although, weren't St Etienne promoted to headliners in 2012 when Bjork pulled out?

But the question is whether YYYs are too big for Wednesday Night, and I'd say they're not too big. Not compared to Suede, Goat, St Etienne etc that have played that night recently. 

19 minutes ago, Declan said:

They are a little bigger than St Etienne and probably more so with the thirty somethings nostalgic for that dull period in the earlier 2000s that are a large part of the Primavera crowd. Although, weren't St Etienne promoted to headliners in 2012 when Bjork pulled out?

But the question is whether YYYs are too big for Wednesday Night, and I'd say they're not too big. Not compared to Suede, Goat, St Etienne etc that have played that night recently. 

Nah, they're a lot bigger. 

I know it's not a perfect proxy but last.fm shows figures of 450k listeners for St Etienne and 2.4million for YYYs. 

28 minutes ago, Chopman said:

My nan's shagging the bloke from sparks. They're headlining Wednesday and playing auditori same as suede did

I had hoped for The The to headline Wednesday as they play in Sweden and Denmark on Friday and Saturday and thus might be difficult to fit with travel if playing on Thursday. I will be disappointed if the The The comeback do not feature om PS.

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Nah, they're a lot bigger. 

I know it's not a perfect proxy but last.fm shows figures of 450k listeners for St Etienne and 2.4million for YYYs. 

Last.fm's prime and user group coincided with YYYs demographic. Also it's worldwide, I agree that they're much bigger on the other side of the Atlantic, but Primavera is this side. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, puckno said:

I had hoped for The The to headline Wednesday as they play in Sweden and Denmark on Friday and Saturday and thus might be difficult to fit with travel if playing on Thursday. I will be disappointed if the The The comeback do not feature om PS.

The return of The The would be good, but surely not the free concert on the Wednesday. 

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Perhaps he'll play in Porto alongside e.g. The The and that's what Gabi meant about Porto going its own way this year.

Gotta be honest: I'm only following this topic (Primavera Sound) as I'm interested in seeing what I'll be getting for my Primavera Sound, which is the NOS one. What did Gabi say exactly? 

6 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Gotta be honest: I'm only following this topic (Primavera Sound) as I'm interested in seeing what I'll be getting for my Primavera Sound, which is the NOS one. What did Gabi say exactly? 

Normally Porto is a subset of Barcelona with one or so different mid-tier act and sometimes one different headliner.

Sounds like from Gabi's comment Porto will go a different way i.e. the lineups won't look near-identical.

• Like 1

Just now, xxialac said:

Normally Porto is a subset of Barcelona with one or so different mid-tier act and sometimes one different headliner.

Sounds like from Gabi's comment Porto will go a different way i.e. the lineups won't look near-identical.

If that's so, it's weird that NPS hasn't yet revealed its line-up. Though I obviously get it that it must be just standard procedure as some of its acts (playing here and in Barcelona) might be spoiled. I'm curious now! Thanks for the info, hoping we'll get Thom Yorke. Regards from Porto!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, young_contra said:

If that's so, it's weird that NPS hasn't yet revealed its line-up. Though I obviously get it that it must be just standard procedure as some of its acts (playing here and in Barcelona) might be spoiled. I'm curious now! Thanks for the info, hoping we'll get Thom Yorke. Regards from Porto!

Porto is the most fantastic city. Was a great decision to host the sister edition there.

• Like 1