Primavera 2018

Runnerups

On 1/20/2018 at 2:12 PM, LeFreak said:

I wonder is there any possibility of The Smiths getting back together and playing Primavera? That would certainly appeal to a lot of people. As much as the current names being tipped to play don't overly appeal to me, for some reason I have a feeling they are going to pull a surprise out of nowhere..

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-smiths-andy-rourke-and-mike-joyce-are-up-to-something/

This is what they were teasing--Rourke/Joyce/Gannon with the Manchester Camerata Orchestra, first shows in UK later in the summer.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/classically-smiths-camerata-rourke-joyce-14180582.amp

1 hour ago, alansdeepbath said:

Monkeys/god knows who under them, MBV?

The National/Nick Cave

Bjork/Lorde/Shellac

That is my guess. 

Nick Cave headlined a few years ago, can't see him subbing The National (who also headlined a few years ago).

if he's booked, I'd imagine he's headlining, unles subbing someone big.

The National/Bjork/Nick Cave is the most likely really....

assuming there's gonna be four names on the top line like last year...

Bjork, Arctic Monkeys, The National, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

tier below:

Lorde, The War on Drugs, My Bloody Valentine, Thom Yorke

elsewhere: Yeah Yeah Yeahs , SZA, Grizzly Bear, Father John Misty, Tyler the Creator, Belle & Sebastian, Deerhunter, Migos, Caribou, Rodriguez, Anderson .Paak, Ought, Oh Sees, Future Islands, Ariel Pink, Ty Segall, Thundercat, Nils Frahm, The Internet, HMLTD, Shame, (Sandy) alex G, Metz, Algiers, Panda Bear, Cigs After Sex, Julien Baker

Edited by rhg_99
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Yeah Yeah Yeah's doing Gov Ball, surely that rules them out with the date clash?

Not necessarily. PS is Thursday-Saturday, Gov Ball Friday-Sunday, plus with the time difference it's easy to fly back to the US in 1 day. So technically it's absolutely feasible, and has been done before.

Edited by clement75009

8 minutes ago, clement75009 said:

Not necessarily. PS is Thursday-Saturday, Gov Ball Friday-Sunday, plus with the time difference it's easy to fly back to the US in 1 day. So technically it's absolutely feasible, and has been done before.

They're playing Governor's Ball on Friday. I'd think if they were going to play Primavera too, they'd have been booked for Saturday or Sunday in New York.

Edited by dilgreene13

7 minutes ago, dilgreene13 said:

They're playing Governor's Ball on Friday. I'd think if they were going to play Primavera too, they'd have been booked for Saturday or Sunday in New York.

Ah, no way! You’re totally right but I can’t believe Primavera would miss the opportunity to book them. 

59 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

tier below:

elsewhere: Yeah Yeah Yeahs , SZA, Grizzly Bear, Father John Misty, Tyler the Creator, Belle & Sebastian, Deerhunter, Migos, Caribou, Rodriguez, Anderson .Paak, Ought, Oh Sees, Future Islands, Ariel Pink, Ty Segall, Thundercat, Nils Frahm, The Internet, HMLTD, Shame, (Sandy) alex G, Metz, Algiers, Panda Bear, Cigs After Sex, Julien Baker

SZA's touring with Kendrick, so probably out.

Another name i don't see anywhere is Wolf Parade. Had a new album last fall, and they are PS material. Anyone knows something about them? Really loved the operators last year, would be great to get his second band now

Arguments in favour of McCartney: That Beatles thing is extremely subtle but definitely there - it looks like Beatles on the Porto design too. He's toured recently.

Arguments against: How do you keep the lid on a secret like that? Not a normal Primavera booking (but what organiser wouldn't like the ego fix of booking a Beatle?).

On balance he's not playing. But that beatles design is no coincidence and is designed to mess with our heads. There's even a beatle in the video! 

1 hour ago, rhg_99 said:

tier below:

---

Pretty sure now I think about it Gabi said no My Bloody Valentine.

So  perhaps?

Bjork,The National, Nick Cave, BIG SURPRISE

Lorde, The War on Drugs, Father John Misty, Thom Yorke, Anderson Paak