Primavera 2018

Runnerups

21 minutes ago, Steph U said:

Yep, they did and I was there, yay. It was amazing, the RayBan setting adding to the experience, of course. So, wouldn't mind at all if they played that slot again this year.

Someone mentioned Gabi wants more old-school hip hop in general: wouldn't bands like Jurassic 5 or Souls of Mischief be great for RayBan, as well? Stress is on "like" as I can't see they're touring, sadly. Any other ideas for this type of music?

Public Enemy? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

Back to the drawing board again...

Genuinely don't have a CLUE who'll play now, haha!

Arctic Monkeys, The National, Björk, Lorde, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, My Bloody Valentine, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Beck, Tyler, The Creator, Vince Staples, Fever Ray, Nils Frahm, Oh Sees, Rodriguez, Thundercat, Warpaint, Ty Segall, Grizzly Bear, Daphni, Migos etc.

Edited by Createur

17 minutes ago, Createur said:

Arctic Monkeys, The National, Björk, Lorde, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, My Bloody Valentine, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Beck, Tyler, The Creator, Vince Staples, Fever Ray, Nils Frahm, Oh Sees, Rodriguez, Thundercat, Warpaint, Ty Segall, Grizzly Bear, Daphni, Migos etc.

Still really don't think Arctic Monkeys will play, but sure I'll be proved wrong. I'd add Four Tet, Thom Yorke, Ennio Morricone, Spoon, Ezra Furman and a whole load more!

34 minutes ago, Createur said:

The surprise element is the one I'm scratching my head about now. I thought Kendrick was more of a shoe-in than Arctic Monkeys, now I'm just not sure at all...

1 hour ago, alansdeepbath said:

Kendrick is a definite no

EDIT: although I've just remembered May has 31 days so maybe the Thursday but still, this plus the August Europe date makes me think definite no

DUJqrn1W4AAsqd9.jpg:large

Yeah he would need to play six dates in a row including a return flight to Barcelona, its very very unlikely

4 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

The surprise element is the one I'm scratching my head about now. I thought Kendrick was more of a shoe-in than Arctic Monkeys, now I'm just not sure at all...

These are in no way informed guesses, but: Vampire Weekend, Sufjan Stephens, Chance the Rapper, Interpol? Any would be fantastic, and not at all expected

• Upvote 1

Finding it so hard to think of the ‘outsiders’ (that would cause delays/holding back announcements) that a lot of you are hypothesising.

But, wildcard Vampire Weekend?

- Expecting LP4 this year.

- 29th Jan is 10 years since LP1.

- Played in ‘08

- Rostam playing would be v unsurprising.

Expecting to be shotdown here, but running v low on ideas..

51 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

im starting to believe these Arctic Monkeys rumors. Someone in the Mad Cool thread saying they're announcing their festival dates on monday, which i think is the same day as the PS line up announcement

Is there anything anywhere to back that up or is it just a guess by whoever posted it?

If there's any truth in it then there may be some truth in the AM rumours..

Jack White and Kendrick,  2 very big acts rumoured, both ruled out now. Yet the way the Primavera team is behaving (not rushing their announcement despite strong competition) makes me think they are confident with their lineup. What we already know is strong, but not breathtaking. I really think they have a big surprise in store for us.

As a possibility, ever since someone mentioned Paul McCartney, I can't stop thinking about it! That would be a hell of a surprise. 

I didn't know he played festivals, but if he did Werchter, Pinkpop, Roskilde in the past, why not Primavera? He's the godfather of modern pop-rock, Primavera would be proud to have him while he's still in good shape. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Is there anything anywhere to back that up or is it just a guess by whoever posted it?

If there's any truth in it then there may be some truth in the AM rumours..

not that I can see

Just now, clement75009 said:

As a possibility, ever since someone mentioned Paul McCartney, I can't stop thinking about it! That would be a hell of a surprise. 

I didn't know he played festivals, but if he did Werchter, Pinkpop, Roskilde in the past, why not Primavera? He's the godfather of modern pop-rock, Primavera would be proud to have him while he's still in good shape. 

a unique booking like this would be amazing, but im fully prepared for AM, Bjork, Nick Cave and the National. Would work out for me as would only want to see Nick and The National. I did see both at the end of 2017 though so a surprise like Paul McCartney would be great, not expecting it tho

2 minutes ago, clement75009 said:

Jack White and Kendrick,  2 very big acts rumoured, both ruled out now. Yet the way the Primavera team is behaving (not rushing their announcement despite strong competition) makes me think they are confident with their lineup. What we already know is strong, but not breathtaking. I really think they have a big surprise in store for us.

It was me that mentioned him (purely because of the Beatle in the video), and I got shot down! I totally agree, would be the ultimate headliner, an unrivaled back catalogue

I actually think we won't get a surprise headliner though.What makes PS so great is that they don't rely on huge headline names to bulk up what is an otherwise mediocre bill. We already "know" a load of great acts that will be there, and there will likely be another load more that we never expected. 

1 minute ago, rhg_99 said:

a unique booking like this would be amazing, but im fully prepared for AM, Bjork, Nick Cave and the National. Would work out for me as would only want to see Nick and The National. I did see both at the end of 2017 though so a surprise like Paul McCartney would be great, not expecting it tho

Yes and there's absolutely no indication that McCartney would be here, I'm daydreaming here, not trying to start a rumor!

I also saw Nick Cave last year, wasn't a fan beforehand, and his show was breathtaking, best concert i've seen in a while. He's gonna be amazing at PS. 

Just now, clement75009 said:

Yes and there's absolutely no indication that McCartney would be here, I'm daydreaming here, not trying to start a rumor!

I also saw Nick Cave last year, wasn't a fan beforehand, and his show was breathtaking, best concert i've seen in a while. He's gonna be amazing at PS. 

yeh ofc, I was more meaning someone of McCartney's level of notoriety, not specifically him. 

Nick Cave was one of the greatest shows I've ever been to and one of my first choices for a dream PS lineup. I was merely remarking that it'd be great to see someone who I've never had the chance to see before. I've been fortunate to see all my favourite acts that are still living/touring so would love a booking like Paul

20 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

It was me that mentioned him (purely because of the Beatle in the video), and I got shot down! I totally agree, would be the ultimate headliner, an unrivaled back catalogue

I actually think we won't get a surprise headliner though.What makes PS so great is that they don't rely on huge headline names to bulk up what is an otherwise mediocre bill. We already "know" a load of great acts that will be there, and there will likely be another load more that we never expected. 

There are Beatles in the pattern of the official design 

And in this one:

FB_IMG_1516638814222.jpg

• Like 1