Primavera 2018

Runnerups

39 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

Ya me too.

I know they have been in talks and everyone has been in contact for the first time. Would be a decent "get" for Primavera. 

A Perfect Circle have two dates in Germany that weekend tho.

Seems like new material with the old band is the first thing on the list (convenient cos they don’t need James or D’Arcy for that) and then they’re rolling out tour dates.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

A Perfect Circle have two dates in Germany that weekend tho.

Seems like new material with the old band is the first thing on the list (convenient cos they don’t need James or D’Arcy for that) and then they’re rolling out tour dates.

fuck forgot about the APC dates. 

• Downvote 1

My predictions for headliners / top few (without knowing tour schedules- pure conjecture)

- Bjork

- The National 

- Nick Cave

- The Smiths re-formed

- Kendrick

- The Good The Bad and The Queen 

Can’t go now - wish you all an amazing lineup!

It’s more about what keeps you awake after 3am for me. Ray Ban and Pitchfork stages were always my favourites 

4 hours ago, jonnyx said:

The arctic monkeys are balls. I don't want them to play.

Billy ruined the Smashing Pumpkins when he dragged it out for years and years without anybody else.

My face would have looked disappointed. 

I'd have loved to have seen that on the video.

"Ahhhh, balls. Anyone want a ticket?"

• Upvote 1

Forbidden Fruit (Dublin) Just announced its Saturday+Sunday headliners and more acts

26815597_1608968515816734_48535932769986

According to the updated website, The War on Drugs, Grizzly Bear, Thundercat, Warpaint, Spoon and Superorganism are performing on Monday.

The War on Drugs are also doing the APE thing with The Nat on the Saturday, so they might play PS on either Thursday or Friday. Thundercat is also playing Field Day but I'm confident he's playing PS.

I'd say Vince Staples, Four Tet (Live), Ibibio Sound Machine and even the Mike D DJ set (on the beach?) are probable at this point.

This also means the Field Day announcement is pretty close, and they keep tweeting over the last couple of days. Along with TINALS, we should get a clearer picture of the poster by Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Is this real? I like them so great if it is, but seems a bit random?

In one of Gabi's tweets I translated yesterday, he noted that an act will be revealed somewhere on Facebook on the same time they published it. Gabi has an account on that forum for quite some time, that's where he came to discuss the Frank Ocean cancellation. At the same time, by the way, when someone has asked him to bring the National for 2018, he pretty much confirmed them. It seems that he likes that forum, and they got at least two scoops for 2018.

The Internet play Paris on the Saturday (We Love Green festival), so it even makes sense tour-wise.

The National, meanwhile, were confirmed by their manager after saying in an interview they are coming to Spain in 2018 and announcing London (APE Presents...) on the Saturday.

Edited by Orens
  • Upvote 1

I would go totally bonkers if we got a Mike D DJ Set. I'm a huuuuge Beastie Boys fan but never got the chance to see them live (and never will now - too sad) so Mike D would be amazing. Someone asked how come people cried in that promo video. I sure would have, too, if I'd seen Mike D on the list.

What about The Charlatans? Their name has never come up so far, but they're touring (going to see them in Feb.) and are a reunion. Other names that come to mind: Editors, Fleetwood Mac.

In any case this wait is pure torture - I've had my ticket as an early bird one, bought two days after last year's festival and I just want the line-up noooow!

13 minutes ago, Steph U said:

I would go totally bonkers if we got a Mike D DJ Set. I'm a huuuuge Beastie Boys fan but never got the chance to see them live (and never will now - too sad) so Mike D would be amazing. Someone asked how come people cried in that promo video. I sure would have, too, if I'd seen Mike D on the list.

What about The Charlatans? Their name has never come up so far, but they're touring (going to see them in Feb.) and are a reunion. Other names that come to mind: Editors, Fleetwood Mac.

In any case this wait is pure torture - I've had my ticket as an early bird one, bought two days after last year's festival and I just want the line-up noooow!

I think how Mike D being on the line up would affect you shows how subjective the reaction video can be. They could be all experiencing emotions about entirely different names on there.

The Charlatans have never broken up as far as I’m aware and have toured solidly for years. I suppose there’s a chance of them appearing but it’s similar to any other year for them. Can’t see Editors though as they don’t seem to fit with the acts that are booked and Fleetwood Mac would likely cost a few million too much to book.

I’m sure dragging it out past all the other festival announcements next week will turn out to be a clever move. Like loads of festivals announce the same bands this week and Primavera should come along with plenty that nobody had expected and can’t be found at eight other festivals in the space of two weeks or so.

I wonder is there any possibility of The Smiths getting back together and playing Primavera? That would certainly appeal to a lot of people. As much as the current names being tipped to play don't overly appeal to me, for some reason I have a feeling they are going to pull a surprise out of nowhere..

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-smiths-andy-rourke-and-mike-joyce-are-up-to-something/

9 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

I wonder is there any possibility of The Smiths getting back together and playing Primavera? That would certainly appeal to a lot of people. As much as the current names being tipped to play don't overly appeal to me, for some reason I have a feeling they are going to pull a surprise out of nowhere..

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-smiths-andy-rourke-and-mike-joyce-are-up-to-something/

I think a surprise along the lines of The Misfits or Bikini Kill is more likely as they have both reformed recently but done hardly anything. 

11 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

If The Smiths are reuniting then they have completely failed to put the right names on that teaser image. But nah, Marr has two albums out this year, Morrissey is juggling touring and cancelling tour dates and it looks like Rourke Joyce Gannon might be performing some Smiths classics to a few hundred diehards in clubs around the world.

The idea of a surprise reunion featured on the Primavera poster is interesting nonetheless; the only one being significantly touted is the Pumpkins who would be very unlikely for PS18 so whoever else would be a legitimately massive surprise.

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If The Smiths are reuniting then they have completely failed to put the right names on that teaser image. But nah, Marr has two albums out this year, Morrissey is juggling touring and cancelling tour dates and it looks like Rourke Joyce Gannon might be performing some Smiths classics to a few hundred diehards in clubs around the world.

The idea of a surprise reunion featured on the Primavera poster is interesting nonetheless; the only one being significantly touted is the Pumpkins who would be very unlikely for PS18 so whoever else would be a legitimately massive surprise.

I want to change my username to "Lisa Needs Braces" and just provide countless, endless replies to your posts.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

It's mental that Hinds have never played Primavera, given their style of music and their nationality. Surely this year at last.

Also Manu Chao? Would be very popular.

I do not really think Manu Chao is something people would want at Primavera but I could be totally wrong.  

3 hours ago, Parcas said:

I do not really think Manu Chao is something people would want at Primavera but I could be totally wrong.  

I might also have assumed wrong.

He is hugely popular - and he played in front of 30,000 people in the Forum in 2016 - but don’t know if there’s anything about him that would make him a bad fit.

On 19/01/2018 at 10:50 PM, brayshizzle said:

Would original line up of Smashing Pumpkins warrant the surprised faces in the video

God I hope so.

I like Arctics but they would bring in the bellend/Oasis type crowd I go to Primavera to avoid. 

17 hours ago, xxialac said:

It's mental that Hinds have never played Primavera, given their style of music and their nationality. Surely this year at last.

Also Manu Chao? Would be very popular.

I hope Hinds play. I think their US dates end a couple of days before so they should be around.