Primavera 2018

Runnerups

biggest thing for me is them saying there will be a price increase, but not what that price increase will be.

Bear in mind last year you could buy at 185 euro knowing the lineup. This year they're asking for the same not knowing the lineup and saying that once the lineup is known it could be anything more from 190 all the way up to 220 and above. who knows.

It seems like a steep increase for one year, if you're not willing to commit without the lineup. I get rewarding loyalty and they have little to prove regarding line up really but for a festival that is 100% focused on the music and nothing else I feel its slightly unfair.

The only festival I will ever shell out that kind of money for without a lineup is Glastonbury

15 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Can anyone please translate Gabi's latest tweets? He's hitting at criticism

From Catalan via Google Translate:

People who think we have been to Almeria to roll an ad on the day of the announcement ...

People talking about clues in my lemon tree ...

Spinning around the spaghetti western ....

You are all love

"It's that the fat person spends all day talking about personal things in his personal twitter account ..."

"The poster does not move because the names were already known" ...

"Molan a lot on disk live, but I've already seen them" ...

"because they are scared that I am going to Porto" ...

"I drank 50 mixed drinks but I fucked the sound of the main stage" ...

But ... what would we do without the professional festival opinion?

The festival opinion is like your brother-in-law on New Year's Eve ... It must be there.

To the PS of head!

___

Personas who announce today at 6:00 pm on Facebook that they say they will be in the PS ...

Edited by Orens
A developing Twitter burst
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Orens said:

Also Flow festival on Monday.

TINALS (southern France on PS weekend) always shares a good chunk of the lineup, shares its poster on Tuesday at 11AM UK Time.

Download UK, on the Primavera NOS weekend, also shares on Tuesday, 7PM UK time. It should be a good opportunity to check on touring metal bands that might fit with PS.

There probably will be plenty of other festivals throughout the week, keeping tabs with Field Day, We Love Green and obviously APE, haven't heard anything about their Friday headliner

I'll do my best to keep you all posted if anything relevant pops up.

Best Kept Secret (8-10 June) Field Day (1-2 June) have promised news very soon.

Parklife (9-10 June) will reveal its lineup later this month.

Roskilde (4-7 July) and Lovebox (13-14 July) tend to share headliners with PS over the past couple of years, announcing them around that time.

Edited by Orens

I feel for Gabi, I really do. 

He's unusual for a festival organiser in that he is happy to spend time engaging with the public.

He has delivered the best festival programme IMO anywhere in the world consistently year after year after year...

And yet he gets a lot of nagging, childish and stroppy comments flung his way. Yes he gets paid in money - not in praise - to do his job but not does he deserve much in the way of criticism and hassle. Wouldn't be surprised if he shuts down his twitter account.

4 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

The problem is that there're people who just because they don't want Arctic Monkeys in Primavera's lineup they come here saying they've information claiming they aren't playing. 

The same goes for those who want them in the poster. 

People who make up rumours about a music festival are in serious need of psychiatric attention. 

51 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

The problem is that there're people who just because they don't want Arctic Monkeys in Primavera's lineup they come here saying they've information claiming they aren't playing. 

The same goes for those who want them in the poster. 

Yeah... Still waiting on that portuguese leak related to Arctic Monkeys

9 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

The piano/keyboard. My Stevie Wonder prediction is still on.

I would really appreciate that, been so fortunate to see him one time and I love his 70s catalogue. Another artists with a piano as a vital part of the stage setup is Anderson Paak, at least in the two shows Ive seen him. He is even sitting with his piano in the Malibu cover art. However he has been ruled out as I understand.

The piano in the promo video was self-playing. There was a self playing piano in the tv-series Westworld, playing cover of the following pop culture songs;
The Animals - House Of The Rising Sun
Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
The Cure - A Forest
Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have
Radiohead - No Surprises
Radiohead - Motion Picture Soundtrack
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
Radiohead - No Surprises
Radiohead - Exit Music (For A Film)
The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

Now obviously it will not be so easy to set up an Amy Winehouse or Soundgarden show in 2018, and I guess it is too early for a Radiohead comeback after just two years (even though I would love that).

Well, the piano might not be a hint after all...

5 minutes ago, puckno said:

I would really appreciate that, been so fortunate to see him one time and I love his 70s catalogue. Another artists with a piano as a vital part of the stage setup is Anderson Paak, at least in the two shows Ive seen him. He is even sitting with his piano in the Malibu cover art. However he has been ruled out as I understand.

The piano in the promo video was self-playing. There was a self playing piano in the tv-series Westworld, playing cover of the following pop culture songs;
The Animals - House Of The Rising Sun
Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
The Cure - A Forest
Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have
Radiohead - No Surprises
Radiohead - Motion Picture Soundtrack
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
Radiohead - No Surprises
Radiohead - Exit Music (For A Film)
The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

Now obviously it will not be so easy to set up an Amy Winehouse or Soundgarden show in 2018, and I guess it is too early for a Radiohead comeback after just two years (even though I would love that).

Well, the piano might not be a hint after all...

Wow. 

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

He's unusual for a festival organiser in that he is happy to spend time engaging with the public.

And yet he gets a lot of nagging, childish and stroppy comments flung his way.

Yeah Andy Copping of Download is similar. Engages on twitter to try and have a positive effect on the festival and just has to deal with a wall of shit when he books someone the regulars don't seem worthy. 

Seems easier to just be the unnamed bookers of, like, R+L, who do get complaints in Facebook comments but they aren't personal

1 hour ago, puckno said:

The piano in the promo video was self-playing. There was a self playing piano in the tv-series Westworld

I also got some sort of a Westworld vibe from the video, the actor also resembles the actor from the series.

But I doubt it means anything, just some cool video. I guess we'll get the rest of it on the 29th, when he gets to the town and sees the lineup.

How cool will it be if he'll just go to bars and see the bands from the lineup perform there.. but it sounds like super complicated production, probably not.

9 more days... Way too long to wait